Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gelvis

Quote from: Tony Baloney on August 16, 2011, 01:44:35 PM
Quote from: Minder on August 15, 2011, 12:40:53 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on August 14, 2011, 10:25:06 PM
That's a good result for Creggan. They'll maybe be strong contenders for junior championship.

There is talk that Cushendun won't have a senior team next year, sad when you think they were in a senior final 10 years ago.
Any of the "old guard" still about i.e. Aidan Mort, Rab Laverty, the McSparrans, Conleth Magee etc? Had some good players back in the day but all those boys would be 36-38 now.

Brendan McSparran was playing this year but I doubt he'll be playing much next year with a new kid on the way
"If you worried about falling off the bike, you'd never get on"

Last Man

Quote from: NAG1 on August 16, 2011, 01:42:51 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 16, 2011, 01:25:56 PM
That's bullsh1te NAG, we can't police all our teams. We issued codes of conduct and hope that it's adhered to, if two players out of 80 players step out of line it seems unfair on the others.

How else do you police it then?
Every team look after themselves independently? Oh it wasnt us it was our junior b footballers that assaulted a ref or had a riot.
The buck stops with the club and the way to encourage good discipline within these clubs is to have tough punishment for those that step out of line. Peer pressure is a wonderful thing.
I agree with NAG, we all know the rockets in our clubs that need held on a tight rein and who shouldn't be on the pitch side of the fence. Members/supporters not involved with a team is a different matter and harder to control but clubs should heavily sanction those who mis behave.

oisinog

Quote from: Last Man on August 16, 2011, 02:54:17 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on August 16, 2011, 01:42:51 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 16, 2011, 01:25:56 PM
That's bullsh1te NAG, we can't police all our teams. We issued codes of conduct and hope that it's adhered to, if two players out of 80 players step out of line it seems unfair on the others.

How else do you police it then?
Every team look after themselves independently? Oh it wasnt us it was our junior b footballers that assaulted a ref or had a riot.
The buck stops with the club and the way to encourage good discipline within these clubs is to have tough punishment for those that step out of line. Peer pressure is a wonderful thing.
I agree with NAG, we all know the rockets in our clubs that need held on a tight rein and who shouldn't be on the pitch side of the fence. Members/supporters not involved with a team is a different matter and harder to control but clubs should heavily sanction those who mis behave.

With what happened in the Cushendall - Ballycastle match is a hard one. Supporters came on to the pitch these people may or may not be members of the two clubs.

There must be more to this than we think is there anyone from Cushendall who can shed some light into why this ban has been imposed because we are making a lot of assumptions on this. Cushendall may have refused to name who was involved and that could be the problem

NAG1

If they refused to name names the whole club would be suspended and not just home matches confiscated. The Chairman, and officers of the club would also face individual suspensions so I doubt that this is the case.

Milltown Row2

Was the case in our club, two players give the referee abuse after the match, trust me, myself and others have tried to get the names but can't, even asked for a description from the referee to get these lads.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Because they all called him a cheating cnut!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Jesusjones

I think that those supporters involved in the trouble at the Ballycastle V Cushendall match should be punished as individuals. To ban home matches has hit hundreds of under age and senior players in hurling and camogie. We are supposed to be promoting our national games and we have now been prevented from doing this. Why should kids suffer because of the actions of adult supporters? I remember back in the early 90's when Cushendall beat Ballycastle in 2 ill tempered county finals we were forced to play all senior matches against Ballycastle at neutral venues for 2 years. Maybe all Cushendall V Ballycastle minor matches should be played at neutral venues for say 2 or 3 years?

oisinog

Jj there must be something more in this. It does appear harsh for what happened in that match. It was also nearly 2 weeks ago

the colonel

The people involved have been named to the CCC as far as I know. I don't think this ban will be in place long. Neil's suspension will be overturned next wk, but what happens to Karl is all over the place. Waiting for an Ulster meeting next week.
the difference between success and failure is energy

Milltown Row2

Quote from: the colonel on August 16, 2011, 08:27:07 PM
The people involved have been named to the CCC as far as I know. I don't think this ban will be in place long. Neil's suspension will be overturned next wk, but what happens to Karl is all over the place. Waiting for an Ulster meeting next week.

Well if Karl said it then he'd have no problem taking the suspension that comes with it

oisinog

As its mistaken identity (which is wasn't) Karl will not be suspended a referee cant include this in his match report 

ManInBlackandGreen

Ah Jesus lads, do I have to come on here every time and explain the rules? RM has had loads of experience in doing this, Karl will be gassed! The pitch Closure is straight forward the Dall didn't fckn name the lads for obvious reasons I am reliability told, i.e. 9 to 5 if you know what I mean and the lads in the Dall know it. The Town played it cute as always, so in short if the Dall can't name them due to 9 to 5 then take it on the chin and focus on the Championship.

Whose going to Ref the County Final this year lads! MR whats your opinion final being Dunloy v Shamrocks IMO, its highly valued as always ;)

Milltown Row2

Well unless we get to the final ::) it will be Garret again, Cushendall might not be happy at that considering they still feel agrieved at some of the decisions that they feel went against them. Or maybe the county could give it to and who I like McAuley (i think thats his name) quite and gets on with

the colonel

Do you mean because of their jobs MIBG? They have been named. Surely rays actions should be highly questioned.
the difference between success and failure is energy

Milltown Row2

Quote from: the colonel on August 16, 2011, 09:15:36 PM
Do you mean because of their jobs MIBG? They have been named. Surely rays actions should be highly questioned.

What? Making a mistake? someone calls you a cheating cnut and you turn round and book the player who you think said it, or has he done something else?