Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pdiddy

Quote from: maxpower on August 14, 2011, 08:19:23 PM
Don't know the full story, booking the weekend wasn't a mistake this was the only weekend that it could happen and it's not often you get the chance to go down and play a team like de la salle.

And IF we didn't inform the CCC then that has been human error and in a amateur organisation mistakes happen.

Quote from: oisinog on August 14, 2011, 07:36:13 PM
Quote from: maxpower on August 14, 2011, 06:34:56 PM
Disappointing the game couldn't be played Sunday, ends Dunloys interest in the league title and is somewhat unfair on St Johns and ballycran.

Who do dunloy have to blame in all this they screwed up twice in booking the training weekend then not informing the county

I don't think Dunloy will be too concerned if they loose the 2 points.  What's another league title against a bonding weekend and challenge game against quality opposition in the lead up to the business end of the season? While it would be nice to win I don't think Dunloy, Loughgiel or Cushendall are overly bothered about the league. The down side from the overall league perspective is how it will effect the relegation battle !!!
When a team loses, there's always a row at half time, but when they win, its an inspirational speech

aontroim

Heard that St. Enda's beat Loughgiel in the N. Antrim U14 Final in Dunloy over the weekend.  Great result for the club and validates their decision to pull out of S. Belfast competitions and into N. Antrim.  With their footballers winning plenty in SW competitions they must find a way to bring all this talent through to Senior level.

Milltown Row2

Great for St Endas but, and I've already said this to Last man, if their seniors continue to play in div 4 then will not be competitive when those kids come through. The current team needs to get up to div 2 in the next 4 years
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Last Man

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 15, 2011, 02:27:39 PM
Great for St Endas but, and I've already said this to Last man, if their seniors continue to play in div 4 then will not be competitive when those kids come through. The current team needs to get up to div 2 in the next 4 years
. Totally agree MR, we have kids being coached the skills and how the game should be played and seniors who were only ever coached the skills and expected to develop a hurling brain by osmosis or something. Its a massive problem for us but one I'm convinced we will overcome.

Seamroga in exile

Who was the referee of that u14 match?     ;D
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Last Man

Are you suggesting a conspiracy between us and a Dunloy referee Seamroga?? ;D

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Last Man on August 15, 2011, 09:42:21 PM
Are you suggesting a conspiracy between us and a Dunloy referee Seamroga?? ;D
Never would I suggest such a thing!   ;)

Seamroga in exile

Forever Green

Just read on the Cushendall website that a ban on playing home games has been imposed on them for what happened at the Ballycastle minor game. I assume Ballycastle has got the same punishment?

imtommygunn

Was the Ballycastle/Cushendall game at a neutral venue?

Jesusjones

The Ballycastle V Cushendall game was in Ballycastle. Totally over the top punishment.

NAG1

So what punishment you suggest JJ

Milltown Row2

Seems to be the norm of late. We also have a ban, championship games are played away from home anyway.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Megaman

its does seem to be the norm at the minute, but im sure there are other ways.

15+ Rossa kids who im sure where looking forward to a game in Cushendall last night have also been punished now!!!!!!!!

Milltown Row2

We had two games fixed at the pitch one night that meant 60 plus hurling players missed out, that was down to a football match played Against Cargin!!!