Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pdiddy

When a team loses, there's always a row at half time, but when they win, its an inspirational speech

theskull1

Reality is Cdall will beat glenariffe easily (unless it's a Sat evening match as they appear to favour that time  >:() without NMcM and he'll be bursting ready to go in the semis. Is this post just trying to create a backs up against the wall mentality for the next 2 months training? Certainly looks that way
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

ruairi

TheSkull1im def not trying to create any backs against the wall mentality. Reality is we are in for a battle against Glenarriffe and when the game is in the mix it is usually neil who is our driving force on.

Personally the way I feel RM saw an opportunity to send neil off for what was said in dunloy after RM made a cheeky comment (all be it jokingly), but it isnt that funny to a fella who just got his front tooth broke. One of the first things a referee is there to be is impartial and make sure no serious injuries occur. I dont think he has done either effectively. I gave him the benefit of the doubt though in the first game but thats twice out of two occassions.

On the actual game, the conditions werent perfect but were alright and i thought as a competitive game it was good but both teams will have work to do to win it this year.

pdiddy

Quote from: theskull1 on August 11, 2011, 10:51:58 AM
Reality is Cdall will beat glenariffe easily (unless it's a Sat evening match as they appear to favour that time  >:() without NMcM and he'll be bursting ready to go in the semis. Is this post just trying to create a backs up against the wall mentality for the next 2 months training? Certainly looks that way
#

Skull, what's the craic with your game against Glenariffe?  I take it you want to change it from the Sat evening?
When a team loses, there's always a row at half time, but when they win, its an inspirational speech

oisinog

Quote from: pdiddy on August 11, 2011, 11:18:17 AM
Quote from: theskull1 on August 11, 2011, 10:51:58 AM
#

Skull, what's the craic with your game against Glenariffe?  I take it you want to change it from the Sat evening?

The craic with the match on Saturday night is dunloy have organised a weekend in Tipp and only approached Glenariffe at the end of last week to get this match rearranged. We have no available times or dates before the cushendall match as we have other plans coming up to the championship. Really Dunloy can blame Glenariffe as much as they like the only people they can blame is their own management for not trying to change it when they booked the weekend away.

maxpower

The craic is Dunloy arranged this weekend, supposedly to be a fantastic weekend, offered to play Glenarrife the week before or the week after or any midweek night that suited.  They even agreed to play on Sunday evening when Dunly returned home from the weekends training (i would have thought this would have given them the best chance of winning) but despite initially agreeing to this have since renegaged

The match is to be played on Saturday evening now so training weekend off
What happens next????

Minder

Quote from: theskull1 on August 11, 2011, 08:56:52 AM
Glenariffe will get a handy 2 points this weekend. It'll cost us 300 quid but sure  >:(

Are youse not fielding?

Edit - Just saw the above post by Max
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

oisinog

Hopefully Dunloy have learned an important lesson from this. Rearrange any prefixed league games before organising a weekend away. They have no one to blame but themselves

NAG1

If I was in your position Oisin I wouldnt be poking to much at them if you have to play them on saturday especially when you look at your current predicament and goal difference  :D

Minder

Quote from: NAG1 on August 11, 2011, 02:25:47 PM
If I was in your position Oisin I wouldnt be poking to much at them if you have to play them on saturday especially when you look at your current predicament and goal difference  :D

In fairness for years we capitulated when it came to switching matches, if teams were in a tight spot we would very kindly help them out of it, it used to send the players mental. I can remember us changing games to help out the opposition but it didn't suit our players. We seem to be just doing now what every other team does.

oisinog

We are quite aware that we are probably going to go down. We have not been good enough this year. A year away to rebuild will do us no harm it has happened to us before and we came back stronger.

Our main aim is to give cushendall a good run in the championship 

Minder

Quote from: oisinog on August 11, 2011, 02:57:16 PM
We are quite aware that we are probably going to go down. We have not been good enough this year. A year away to rebuild will do us no harm it has happened to us before and we came back stronger.

Our main aim is to give cushendall a good run in the championship

There were two narrow defeats to Ballygalget earlier this year that you would think would have went differently if Tosh had come back a bit earlier.

oisinog

Its hard to call this saturday coming is the only time this year that we will have every player available. If we had avoided injuries earlier in the year it could have been a different situation

Jesusjones

I think it is bad sportsmanship from Glenariffe to refuse to refix the game away to Dunloy, sure Dunloy rearranged the corresponding fixture a few weeks ago twice at Glenariffe's request. As far as our quarter final against Glenariffe goes it is going to be one hell of a struggle to get out of it without Neil. Shane Mc Naughton's imminent return takes on a new significance.

oisinog

JJ its not just as simple as that. Do you think Cushendall would change a match to suit another team when it does not suit the majority of your players? I know the answer to that

If we had been given more that a weeks notice we may have been able to rearrange our prior arrangements but as the case is we were give a weeks notice

I am sure this trip had been organised for months.

The match Dunloy rearranged for us was once they rearranged it the second time when they had players unavailable. Dunloy were asked 4 weeks before the fixture was due to take place notice given well in advance.