Back to Back All Irelands are tough

Started by magickingdom, July 26, 2009, 09:37:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longrunsthefox

Quote from: Apple Crumble on August 24, 2009, 04:40:03 PM
Quote from: Mike Sheehy on August 24, 2009, 01:31:45 PM
QuoteJack O'Connor came back to beat Tyrone  .  I heard Tyrone people after game saying, "at least it wasn't Kerry" and wishing Cork the best of luck in the final.  Jees!  Cork people have same estimation of Kerry begrudgers as us.
Legacy of Kerry this decade ... never beat Tyrone.

Legacy of Tyrone - diving, cheating, puke football, not team of the decade and couldnt do back to back AI which is the mark of true champions.

Back in your box now longrunsthefox.

I certainly agree with the diving & cheating.  Horrible form. 

They dived & cheated their way in 2003

Sour apples from the one hit wonders  :D

JMohan

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on August 24, 2009, 03:06:42 PM
QuoteYou're really letting down the Kerry people and good Kerry footballers I know - a few with handfuls of All Irelands - they'd never dream of being so disrespectful to another team

It was Tyrone baiting and gloating that has gotten the two counties to the level of discourse we are at today.  If you give it, learn to take it....and dont presume to speak for Kerry players.
You're doing a good enough job of that

stew

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on August 24, 2009, 01:31:45 PM
QuoteJack O'Connor came back to beat Tyrone  .  I heard Tyrone people after game saying, "at least it wasn't Kerry" and wishing Cork the best of luck in the final.  Jees!  Cork people have same estimation of Kerry begrudgers as us.
Legacy of Kerry this decade ... never beat Tyrone.

Legacy of Tyrone - diving, cheating, puke football, not team of the decade and couldnt do back to back AI which is the mark of true champions.

Back in your box now longrunsthefox.

there you are again, if you keep fighting with everybody Sheehy you will end up in hospital. take a tablet and turn off the computer before ye hurt yerself.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

JUMBODEMPSEY

Tyrone won 3 All Irelands this decade... 2003 beating Kerry in the semis, 2005 beating Kerry in the Final and again in 2008..

How can Kerry even bring up an argument of being team of the decade??

3 TIMES IS NO FLUKE...

Kerry also lost to Armagh and struggled this year with Antrim so obviously the word ULSTER is a mental hurdle in the land of the second best team of the decade...

SidelineKick

Quote from: JUMBODEMPSEY on August 24, 2009, 05:01:33 PM
Tyrone won 3 All Irelands this decade... 2003 beating Kerry in the semis, 2005 beating Kerry in the Final and again in 2008..

3 TIMES IS NO FLUKE...

Kerry also lost to Armagh and struggled this year with Antrim so obviously the word ULSTER is a mental hurdle in the land of the second best team of the decade...

4 All Irelands (potentially 5) V 3 All irelands.  More provincial titles and 2 national leagues.

Silly indeed.
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

Apple Crumble

Quote from: SidelineKick on August 24, 2009, 05:05:11 PM
Quote from: JUMBODEMPSEY on August 24, 2009, 05:01:33 PM

3 TIMES IS NO FLUKE...

4 All Irelands (potentially 5) V 3 All irelands.  More provincial titles and 2 national leagues.

Silly indeed.

Kerry are'Team of the Decade'.....why is this even a discussion??

In the Onion Bag

Back-to-backs cannot be all that difficult.

Sure didn't Down do it at their 1st attempt and only 1 year after taking up the senior game.

JUMBODEMPSEY

How can you be team of the decade when you couldn't beat Tyrone??

And to use provincial titles in Munster is a joke... One game to play.. The Tyrone u-16 development squad could get to a Munster final for jaysus sake...

To be the best you have to beat the best.. somthing Kerry couldn't do at 3 times of asking.

In my statement about Kerry being afraid of Ulster i even forgot the damage Monaghan inflicted and even Derry after going well behind in a National league...

Take Ulster out of the equation and Kerry are team of the decade.. and even if Kerry do win the All Ireland this year which i strongly doubt... NOT BEATING TYRONE TAKES THE SHINE RIGHT OF IT....AGAIN!!!

longrunsthefox

Quote from: JUMBODEMPSEY on August 24, 2009, 05:25:40 PM
How can you be team of the decade when you couldn't beat Tyrone??

And to use provincial titles in Munster is a joke... One game to play.. The Tyrone u-16 development squad could get to a Munster final for jaysus sake...

To be the best you have to beat the best.. somthing Kerry couldn't do at 3 times of asking.

In my statement about Kerry being afraid of Ulster i even forgot the damage Monaghan inflicted and even Derry after going well behind in a National league...

Take Ulster out of the equation and Kerry are team of the decade.. and even if Kerry do win the All Ireland this year which i strongly doubt... NOT BEATING TYRONE TAKES THE SHINE RIGHT OF IT....AGAIN!!!

I would like to be associated with the words of the last speaker  :D  3-0 

SidelineKick

What was it I said, bad losers and even worse winners!

Its just looking like sour grapes now lads, give it up. Forget about provincials then, Kerry have more AIs this decade, making them team of the decade.

But sure you always have Dooher, "Player of the Decade"  ::)

Reported.

supersarsfields

Lads seriously let the whole team of the decade thing go. If we had went on to win this year then yip i'd have said we deserved it. But the fact Kerry have more titles makes it pointless. It might be an irritation to them to not having beat Tyrone but no more than that. Head to head battles only come into account when the titles are level.

SidelineKick

Quote from: supersarsfields on August 24, 2009, 05:36:28 PM
Lads seriously let the whole team of the decade thing go. If we had went on to win this year then yip i'd have said we deserved it. But the fact Kerry have more titles makes it pointless. It might be an irritation to them to not having beat Tyrone but no more than that. Head to head battles only come into account when the titles are level.

There speaks a man with sense.

Also, I'm not saying Tyrone weren't / aren't a brilliant team.

Reported.

longrunsthefox

OK  Kerry-the team of the decade who couldn't beat Tyrone  :-*

SidelineKick

Quote from: longrunsthefox on August 24, 2009, 06:17:06 PM
OK  Kerry-the team of the decade.

There. Wasn't that easier than you thought?  ;)

Reported.

longrunsthefox

Quote from: SidelineKick on August 24, 2009, 06:19:56 PM
Quote from: longrunsthefox on August 24, 2009, 06:17:06 PM
OK  Kerry-the team of the decade.

There. Wasn't that easier than you thought?  ;)

easier than it was for Kerry to beat Tyrone   :P