Back to Back All Irelands are tough

Started by magickingdom, July 26, 2009, 09:37:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longrunsthefox

Quote from: Billys Boots on August 24, 2009, 01:18:41 PM
QuoteLegacy of Kerry this decade ... never beat Tyrone.

They never beat Leitrim either.

Good one from that bastion of Gaelic football.. longford  :D

armaghniac

QuoteBack to back All Irelands aren't that hard, we were doing it before the rest of the Northern teams knew were Jones`s Rd was

Er Perhaps you are an Irish speaker Mr Cuig, the correct tense in English should be we did it, as you only did it once, although that was a great achievement. Indeed only one Ulster team has reached successive AI finals since then. It was not the case that you got to Jones Rd first though, Cavan, Armagh, Derry etc were all in finals before you.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Mike Sheehy

QuoteJack O'Connor came back to beat Tyrone  .  I heard Tyrone people after game saying, "at least it wasn't Kerry" and wishing Cork the best of luck in the final.  Jees!  Cork people have same estimation of Kerry begrudgers as us.
Legacy of Kerry this decade ... never beat Tyrone.

Legacy of Tyrone - diving, cheating, puke football, not team of the decade and couldnt do back to back AI which is the mark of true champions.

Back in your box now longrunsthefox.

Donnellys Hollow

Would people ever give up on this team of the decade nonsense. It is a mythical title that only exists in the minds of gutter tabloid hacks and clueless supporters. Its not as if there'll be an award ceremony on New Year's Eve or anything. Football existed before this decade and it will go on beyond it. Who were the team of the nineties then?? Meath? Down? Galway? It is just a pointless debate.

In conclusion, the Kilkenny hurlers are the team of the decade!!  ;)
Expect the Cork hurlers to start a work to rule in protest at this announcement.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Billys Boots

Quote from: longrunsthefox on August 24, 2009, 01:25:57 PM

Go on then, tell me it's not true.

And, by the way, there's a very fine tradition of football in Longford.  The X-Factor generation mightn't know that.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: Billys Boots on August 24, 2009, 01:38:32 PM

And, by the way, there's a very fine tradition of football in Longford.  The X-Factor generation mightn't know that.

I think you'll find that longrunsthefox is a lot older than that....read some of his first posts on the board. He's a bit weird.

Billys Boots

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on August 24, 2009, 01:52:06 PM

I think you'll find that longrunsthefox is a lot older than that....read some of his first posts on the board. He's a bit weird.

I was estimating his age from the maturity displayed in his posts - apologies.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

JMohan

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on August 24, 2009, 01:31:45 PM
QuoteJack O'Connor came back to beat Tyrone  .  I heard Tyrone people after game saying, "at least it wasn't Kerry" and wishing Cork the best of luck in the final.  Jees!  Cork people have same estimation of Kerry begrudgers as us.

Legacy of Tyrone - diving, cheating, puke football, not team of the decade and couldnt do back to back AI which is the mark of true champions.

You're really letting down the Kerry people and good Kerry footballers I know - a few with handfuls of All Irelands - they'd never dream of being so disrespectful to another team

muppet

Quote from: johnpower on August 23, 2009, 07:39:34 PM
Quote from: In the Onion Bag on August 23, 2009, 07:14:20 PM
Ah comon now lads, leave poor Pat alone. 
Sure wasn't he they only Kerry man able to manage a score (and a good one it was) in the whole of the 2nd half of the semi in 2001

His cousin Thomas hung up his boots ater the roasting he got that day from Peter Withnell.  Thomas showed more sense thant his cousin who should have left the scene at the same time.

Whoes cousin ?

Tom Spillane was Pat's brother in 1991 and may in fact still be.
MWWSI 2017

JMohan

I think they had another one and may still have too

longrunsthefox

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on August 24, 2009, 01:52:06 PM

This is from Sheehy who had to withdraw remarks from the board about my mother!.. and you call me wierd!

Mike Sheehy

QuoteYou're really letting down the Kerry people and good Kerry footballers I know - a few with handfuls of All Irelands - they'd never dream of being so disrespectful to another team

It was Tyrone baiting and gloating that has gotten the two counties to the level of discourse we are at today.  If you give it, learn to take it....and dont presume to speak for Kerry players.

Mike Sheehy

QuoteThis is from Sheehy who had to withdraw remarks from the board about my mother!.. and you call me wierd!

you still chasing after that Everton fan..you strange man...

longrunsthefox

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on August 24, 2009, 03:08:38 PM
QuoteThis is from Sheehy who had to withdraw remarks from the board about my mother!.. and you call me wierd!

you still chasing after that Everton fan..you strange man...

wat?  ???

Apple Crumble

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on August 24, 2009, 01:31:45 PM

I certainly agree with the diving & cheating.  Horrible form. 

They dived & cheated their way in 2003