AIQF Tyrone v ?

Started by ONeill, July 22, 2009, 05:10:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longrunsthefox

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on July 26, 2009, 09:21:44 PM
Hopefully. They will get a bigger attendance by having Cork v Donegal and Tyrone v Kildare on the Sunday rather than the Saturday. Doesn't matter when the Dublin v Kerry game is on as will be a sell-out regardless.

I would reckon Saturday Portlaoise  Meath V Limerick... Sunday Croke Park  Cork V Donegal and Tyrone V Kildare and bank Holiday in Republic Monday two 'southern' teams Croke Park  Dublin V Kerry  

Donnellys Hollow

Forgot that our minors along with the Dubs are out next Saturday in Cavan. Don't know if them fixtures are set in stone though.

Maybe Kildare-Tyrone/Cork-Donegal double header on Sunday with Kerry-Dublin on Monday is more likely in order to avoid a clash. It would also give them more chance to get the pitch in order.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

ziggysego

I'd say Sunday Cork v Donegal and Kildare v Tyrone. Monday Dublin v Kerry. Croke Park.

Interesting pairings and of all the teams we could have been drawn against, it's the one I'm most unsure of.
Testing Accessibility

orangeman

Quote from: ziggysego on July 26, 2009, 09:33:31 PM
I'd say Sunday Cork v Donegal and Kildare v Tyrone. Monday Dublin v Kerry. Croke Park.

Interesting pairings and of all the teams we could have been drawn against, it's the one I'm most unsure of.

Admit it. You'd have taken Kildare before the draw, wouldn't you ?.

Wexford last year, were perceived to have been a softish draw and both Down and Armagh fell to them.

ziggysego

Actually, no I wouldn't have taken Kildare. Would have taken Kerry! ;)
Testing Accessibility

Archie Mitchell

At this stage of the All-Ireland, you won't care who you play. If you have serious ambitions to win Sam, you won't care who you play as will have to beat them somewhere along the way.

kickingmule

@ this stage of the championship, there's no hiding place....
kildare are a fine footballing side and tough as teak ... tyrone will need to be @ their best to win this game.
but i do believe tyrone will up the tempo in this one.
THEY WILL BLOODY NEED TO!!!

longrunsthefox

Quote from: ziggysego on July 26, 2009, 09:37:35 PM
What are you winking about Ziggy? I'd loved to have got Kerry and no kiddin

orangeman

Tyrone will be without keeper John Devine against Kildare and probably the rest of the season after he suffered a dislocated shoulder on Sunday.

The last-eight ties will be played at Croke Park over the next two weekends.

Tyrone manager Mickey Harte told BBC Sport that Devine is likely to be out of action for another two months after he suffered the injury in training which means that he is likely to miss the remainder of the championship.

"He was stretching for a ball in stopping a shot when the injury occurred," Harte told BBC Sport.

"It's very disappointing and we hope that he recovers as quickly as possible."

It's desperately bad luck for Devine who missed last year's All-Ireland final after his father died on the eve of the game.

Pascal McConnell and Johnny Curran will now be in contention to take the goalkeeping jersey for the rest of the Championship.

It's at the stage of the Championship where they are no easy draws

Mickey Harte
The speculation is that Dublin will face Kerry at headquarters next Saturday with the Cork v Donegal and Tyrone v Kildare clashes taking place a day later.

There is also the possibility that a Sunday double-bill involving the Ulster counties could start the quarter-finals with the Dubs facing Kerry on the Bank Holiday Monday in the Republic.

Limerick will take on Meath in the remaining fourth-round qualifier next weekend with the winners facing Mayo at Croke Park a week later.

Tyrone are All-Ireland favourites but Kildare look capable of presenting Mickey Harte's side with a tough test.

Harte was philosophical after learning of his quarter-final opponents.

"It's at the stage of the Championship where they are no easy draws and where there usually is some kind of connection between the teams," added Harte.

"The link between Kieran McGeeney and ourselves is something that will be focused on but we know that it's going to be a tough test.

"They looked very impressive in the Leinster Final and did well to carve out a result against Wicklow on Saturday night."

u bent op uw

Great stuff, last eight of the Championship. On holiday abroad for both weekends (QF and SF). If we beat Cill Dara , will cut short for the semi-final. Good luck Tir Eoghain, let the good times roll.

ziggysego

Quote from: longrunsthefox on July 26, 2009, 10:07:24 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on July 26, 2009, 09:37:35 PM
What are you winking about Ziggy? I'd loved to have got Kerry and no kiddin

Yeah, me too. That's what I'm saying.
Testing Accessibility

omagh_gael

I think O'Neill should get onto the mods, surely this has to be the 'official' thread as opposed to the thread that popped up yesterday! Stewarts enquiry! p.s. How's about Kildare sneaking into the thread title  ;D

Donnellys Hollow

Nah, stick with the question mark - keep em guessing.

The gods of alphabetical order will punish O'Neill anyway if Kildare "sneak" into the thread title!
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

cadhlancian

Quote from: omagh_gael on July 27, 2009, 12:42:45 AM
I think O'Neill should get onto the mods, surely this has to be the 'official' thread as opposed to the thread that popped up yesterday! Stewarts enquiry! p.s. How's about Kildare sneaking into the thread title  ;D
Ok , so should I start a thread for the All ireland S/f titled AISF Tyrone V ?......this thread was started in respect to who "we" in Tyrone would actually like to draw in the QF. And to be honest, I put that "official " bit in to see if I could catch someone like urself, making a "gaunch out of himself" :D God forbid , should I ever undermine the clannish inner circle that I have begun to notice  exists here! :-\

tyssam5

That's very unfortunate for Devine, man was due a bit of luck this year. But big Packie will be solid as always.