Previous topic - Next topic

goal and a point

Quote from: clarshack on June 25, 2011, 05:13:33 PM
Quote from: Mac Eoghain on June 25, 2011, 12:07:12 PM
Quote from: Rocky Mc Guigan on June 25, 2011, 08:33:36 AM
Who was the referee who was hit?

As said earlier - Simon Brady from the Moy

were the attackers male or female?

Heard today that it was all caught in video and there was maybe 10 other people (supporters) who came running across the pitch who tried to get at the ref etc - so may just be more than 2 people taken to task.

sandwiches_in_the_boot

The referee incident may not be as straight forward as first seemed. Some eye witnesses say there was no contact but that he blacked out. Don't think it's the first time he's blacked out in a game. Obviously a full investigation is still required and the video evidence will be examined for the full story. And of course action will have to be taken for the second incident.

"A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin."
H. L. Mencken

KIDDO 4

Tuesday 28th June @ 7.00pm (Res) & 8.15pm (Sen)
O'Neill's All County Football League Division 3
Derrytresk  v  Clogher

Wednesday 29th June @ 7.00pm (Res) & 8.15pm (Sen)

O'Neill's All County Football League Division 1
An Charraig Mhor  v  Greencastle
Ardboe  v  Coalisland
Cookstown  v  Clonoe
Derrylaughlan  v  Errigal Ciaran
Donaghmore  v  Mootown
Killyclogher  v  Dromore
Moy  v  Eglish
Omagh  v  Trillick

O'Neill's All County Football League Division 2
Eskra  v  Augher
Newtownstewart  v  Gortin
Strabane  v  Clann na Gael
Urney  v  Aghyaran

Errigal Ciaran III  v  Killeeshil

O'Neill's All County Football League Division 2
Killyman  v  Stewartstown

Friday 1st June @ 7.00pm (Res) & 8.15pm (Sen)
Brocagh v Derrytresk

attheraces

I would say majority of people expected Tyrone to go on and win Ulster, or at very least get to final. So does anybody know what way this will affect league/championship fixtures? Or does Tyrone going the back door route now give us a clearer indication of when certain fixtures will be?
I intend to live forever. So far, so good.

Tommo2

Is it tur that Loughmacrory relieved Mr. McGinn of duties at the weekend? Are clubs moving back towards the internal manager/coach?

Wee Roddy

The Irish News makes for bad reading this morning if your a Carrickmore follower.
Whilst what was done was unacceptable, someone has to be held accountable for the incompetence of officials. Even the most ardant of St Macartans supporters did say that the decision to award a free in in the 8th Minute of injury time was a wrong call. Four minutes was called out over the PA and both sets of supporters would have went home happy after a bruising encounter. The arrogance displayed by officials is what infuriates players. He never answered any of the question the players asked as to why he had given a free in when clearly it was a free out.
Its very difficult to know what punnishment with be handed out.

raff

It's funny what makes mild mannered men, head the balls when it comes to football. Totally out of character.

Wee Roddy

Doting father, brother, sister syndrome!
Incidentally does anyone know if any punishment handed out affects the mens club. There is a lad at work who is insisting that the whole club will be suspended. Right enough I dont know why I am listening to him, the person he told me who was responsible for assaulting the ref wasnt even in the country!

fat head

Quote from: Wee Roddy on June 27, 2011, 10:41:15 AM
Doting father, brother, sister syndrome!
Incidentally does anyone know if any punishment handed out affects the mens club. There is a lad at work who is insisting that the whole club will be suspended. Right enough I dont know why I am listening to him, the person he told me who was responsible for assaulting the ref wasnt even in the country!

I couldn't see it affecting the mens club roddy as it would be dealt with by the ladies board which is separate still isn't it?  Report I heard was that ref made a bit of a meal of his "assault" but that the county chairman was hit an awful dirty dig as he tried to calm the situation.

Carmen Stateside

Quote from: hardstation on June 27, 2011, 11:17:04 AM
Are there two separate clubs for the ladies and mens teams? If not, it has to be the whole club.
This would be my thinking.  Only thing is, would the ladies board who are investigating have the power to do this if they are all the one club?

Up The Middle

The same ref was in charge of the Brocagh v Beragh game the following night which would suggest he wasnt badly hurt (not condoning the fact he was hit in any way).

As far as i am aware Carrickmore are the only club whose ladies and mens teams are under the same committee so any punishment will in fact have a knock on affect on the footballers. I could be wrong though thats what i heard.
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

clarshack

they are 2 different associations (mens and ladies). there's no way a ladies suspension could affect the men's club and vice versa.

raff

I know the county board asked clubs that had seperate ladies teams to merge into one club some years ago despite the same instruction not applying to county or provincial level. This compeition was run by the ladies county board so any suspensions will have no affect on competitions run by the mens county board. Essentially it is two different sports.

EC Unique

The pictures on the front of the Irish news are shocking. The performance of the referee is not relavent in the case at all. 2 men left spalled on the ground is the fact that matters. It is time a message was sent out that this is not acceptable. I am not a fan of banning clubs because of the actions of one or 2 of it's members. 5 year (or more) bans for the culprit(s) would be in order. Not to be allowed into a GAA ground at all. It would not be fair to deny others of football because of their cowardly acts. A disgrace to their club and the GAA.

Up The Middle

Surely if the ladies county board decide to close their field then it will affect the men. If the mens county board closed a field then ladies foofball could not be played on that field or any gaa sport for that matter
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.