Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MR99

No one can question mickeys ability to manage  the tyrone senior team but surely you have to agree that he single handedly has ruined club football in tyrone
[/quote]

Seriously the level off gaa intellect on this board is dropping every week, the continual Harte bashing about club football is kinda boring by now, have you lot no eyes!! the level of football in this county has been risen by the exploits of our vocational, minor, under 21s and seniors over the past decade! the issue is a national problem with more fixtures (due to success) and teams becoming more and more prepared to the highest possible level (left out professional!!) so obviously county managers will protect their interest just like a club manager, really lets discuss solutions and not continually bash our manager !! ask clubs in armagh, Dublin etc how often they see county men not often.  our time of being beaten early will soon be upon us and then sure everything will be hunky dorey except for you lot bashing the then county manager for his teams inept performances!!!!!!!! take a glance at the Derry board it will be us soon enough! :-X
[/quote]
Why not ask successful counties like Cork, Kilkenny and Kerry who's club's get regular use of their county men at all time. 

Tyrone Dreamer

Quote from: MR99 on July 20, 2010, 06:12:33 PM

No one can question mickeys ability to manage  the tyrone senior team but surely you have to agree that he single handedly has ruined club football in tyrone

Seriously the level off gaa intellect on this board is dropping every week, the continual Harte bashing about club football is kinda boring by now, have you lot no eyes!! the level of football in this county has been risen by the exploits of our vocational, minor, under 21s and seniors over the past decade! the issue is a national problem with more fixtures (due to success) and teams becoming more and more prepared to the highest possible level (left out professional!!) so obviously county managers will protect their interest just like a club manager, really lets discuss solutions and not continually bash our manager !! ask clubs in armagh, Dublin etc how often they see county men not often.  our time of being beaten early will soon be upon us and then sure everything will be hunky dorey except for you lot bashing the then county manager for his teams inept performances!!!!!!!! take a glance at the Derry board it will be us soon enough! :-X
[/quote]
Why not ask successful counties like Cork, Kilkenny and Kerry who's club's get regular use of their county men at all time.
[/quote]

Have you stats to back this up?

I'm going to ignore Kilkenny because they take part in a competition that there are much less competitive games and they are vastly superior to most of the other oppostion so can afford to risk injuries and have long layoffs between competitive games.

I'd imagine there has been little club football played in Cork with county men playing in recent weeks,maybe you can prove otherwise? In relation to Kerry and Cork I'd imagine there county men are available slightly more. That's not suprising as they take part in the Munster Championship were they generally only have 1 (although in recent years sometimes 2) competive game to win it. In Ulster maybe Tyrone have got it easier in recent years but generally its been tough to get out of - look at the number of uslters Tyrone have won compared to Munsters the other 2 have won (or Leinsters Kilkenny have won). I'd like to know did club football continue with county players in Kerry last year when they went the backdoor route?

As I've said I don't think the current situation is ideal in terms of club football but to say Mickey Harte has ruined is unfair on a man who has did so much for the gaa in the county.

under the bar

Do you know of any of the papers have Ulster Champions posters in them this week?  Going on holiday and need some to wind up the Armagh fellas going with me.

thanks

The Konica

Why can't some games be run without them anyway?

Or do like Fermanagh did a few years ago and organise a 'Star' tournament on a league basis where games ran ahead as normal in a special League but without county players?

Aaron Boone

Quote from: WeeDonns on July 19, 2010, 03:02:52 PM

Guys, sorry about the shameless plug here but it's gotta be done.
Drumragh are holding the 'Clash of the Clanns' 7 a side tournament at our grounds in Clanabogan next weekend.

Wee Donns & SS, how are the numbers holding up after the move out the Dromore Road from Omagh town, say the U-8/U-10 at the mo?
You know Dromore could be entitled to be sniffing around the best under-age players in Clanabogan now?

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Aaron Boone on July 21, 2010, 10:52:52 PM
Quote from: WeeDonns on July 19, 2010, 03:02:52 PM

Guys, sorry about the shameless plug here but it's gotta be done.
Drumragh are holding the 'Clash of the Clanns' 7 a side tournament at our grounds in Clanabogan next weekend.

Wee Donns & SS, how are the numbers holding up after the move out the Dromore Road from Omagh town, say the U-8/U-10 at the mo?
You know Dromore could be entitled to be sniffing around the best under-age players in Clanabogan now?

We played their U16s last year, and their squad was massive in comparison to our own. It looked like they had 25/26 young fellas there.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

WeeDonns

QuoteWee Donns & SS, how are the numbers holding up after the move out the Dromore Road from Omagh town, say the U-8/U-10 at the mo?

Membership wise, we've grown alot since the move. I think it's been mentioned on here before that we have the 2nd largest membership in the county now ( although i believe this is because other clubs don't actually register all their underage players)
We would have over 100 kids there on a saturday morning from U12 down, boys & girls

I'm not sure why you think dromore could be entitled to be sniffing around our underage players? The area in which we take players from has remained the same.

supersarsfields

As weedonns says the youth is going from strength to strength. No doubt the better facilities out at Clanabogan have made a big difference. When you look at the youth set up we have now and compare it to what was in place say 10 years ago you can certainly see the difference.

I wouldn't be overly worried about Dromore sniffing round. Can't think of too many Drumragh players that have went that direction with the minor exception of Barry Collins which was to be expected.

therattler

Tattyreagh 5 mile Road Race & 5k Fun Run Race

Tattyreagh GAC are organising a 5 Mile Road Race and 5k Fun Run & Walk on Saturday 24th July 2010. Pre-entry fee is £10 per adult and £5 per child. Entry Fees on the day are ; £12 per adult and £6 per child. Race/ Walk registration from 9.30am . The race/ walk commences at 11am from Tattyreagh GAC club grounds. Proceeds to Tattyreagh Childrens Play Park and Foyle Hospice. Prizes will be awarded to category winners. Contact Martin Mc Laughlin 028 82 840537, mob 07786164431 for further info.

1st time on this forum!

giveherlong

Just a quick reminder about this weekend's Glenelly Rockin by the River Festival:

Friday 23rd July: Robert Mizzell from 10pm. Country disco before with DJ Bernie of Q101 West. Admission £10 at door

Saturday 24th July:
Vintage Rally and Richie Kavanagh LIVE! (Steam engines, sheep shearing, vintage display)
More Power to Your Elbow live in the Marquee. Adm £10

Sunday 25th July:
Family Fun Day Bouncy castles, football blitzes, circus acts, drive the nail etc
Miracles live in the Marquee. Adm £10 

KIDDO 4

Target Express Senior Reserve Football Championship 1st Round @ 7.30pm (E.T. if required)
Friday July  30th
Coalisland V Clonoe
Trillick V Dromore
Donaghmore V Kildress
Aghyaran V Ardboe
Errigal Ciaran V Cookstown
Killyclogher V Carrickmore
Moy V Omagh
Galbally V Greencastle

Target Express Intermediate Reserve Football Championship 1st Round @ 7.30pm (E.T. if required)

Clann na nGael v Killeeshil

Target Express Junior Reserve Football Championship 1st Round @ 7.30pm (E.T. if required)

Dregish v Brocagh
Stewartstown v Tattyreagh
Drumragh v Dungannon
Castlederg v Owen Roes
Drumquin v Fintona
Killyman v Errigal Ciaran III
Clogher v Brackaville
Glenelly v Derrytresk

Monday 2nd August

O'Neills All County Football League @ 6.30pm (Reserve) and 8.00pm (Senior)

An Charraig Mhor v Galbally
Trillick v Coalisland

on the sideline

Anyone know the club fixtures for next week for definite, is it league games or reserve campionship?

wheres he takin er from

Quote from: on the sideline on July 30, 2010, 10:52:23 AM
Anyone know the club fixtures for next week for definite, is it league games or reserve campionship?

i think it totally depends on whether tyrone are still standing in the all-ireland series. so id say itll be more reserve championship
First on the field and last to leave

KIDDO 4

Dromore 2.15, Trillick 1.9, round1 reserve championship tonight in Trillick.

viiv