Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MR99

Quote from: on the sideline on July 19, 2010, 12:03:15 PM
With Tyrone through to AI QF, does anyone have/know the official club fixtures for the next month or so?
Basically, to sum the club fitures up, if you play in division one, there are none!!!

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: MR99 on July 19, 2010, 12:37:55 PM
Quote from: on the sideline on July 19, 2010, 12:03:15 PM
With Tyrone through to AI QF, does anyone have/know the official club fixtures for the next month or so?
Basically, to sum the club fitures up, if you play in division one, there are none!!!

AFAIK the league fixtures that were due to be played the 8th august are now off
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

WeeDonns

Guys, sorry about the shameless plug here but it's gotta be done.
Drumragh are holding the 'Clash of the Clanns' 7 a side tournament at our grounds in Clanabogan next weekend.
I'm sure most of yous have heard about it by now on the radio etc, but it's a 7 a side tournament where everyone on your team has to be related to someone else on the team. You can have 10 players on your team with 7 playing at any one time. and its £100 to enter.
We've had a lot of interest so far with a lot of teams entering. You can register on the day before 5pm, or you can register right now at our website, www.drumraghgfc.net
Teams are graded by their ability (be honest when registering), so if you're just entering for a bit of craic, you'll be up against similar teams rather than those that'll be taking it a little more seriously.

Saturday 24th July
Team Registration & Briefing @ 5pm
First Games Start @ 6pm

Sunday 25th July
2pm - 6pm Finals & Presentations
Spectators entry fee £2
(Proceeds go to Charity)

Tyrone Dreamer

It's interesting to note how quiet the anti Harte brigade go when Tyrone win matches. When they lose (even league games as we saw earlier in the year) they all appear saying that Tyrone are finished and Harte should go. Its always the same stuff that he's to loyal to older players who's legs have gone and he isn't giving certain players a chance.

Certain players are no were near good enough and are only on to keep there brother happy or because of were they live. They will also quote players who arent happy with the set up and how there's tension in the camp.

The same people might even come back and say they were wrong for a while but will come back with the usual stuff after a defeat.

Zapatista

Tyrone Dreamer

Read back to after some of the earlier league game defeats and you'll see plenty of abuse. I've highlighted one quote from nothingbettertobeat above. Even in the run up to the ulster final someone on the thread said "Loyalty to the old guard could be an issue here and it was the fall of many a dictator!". I know this is a discussion thread but there definately is over the top abuse given out after any Tyrone defeat and some ridiculous abuse aimed at Harte.

orangeman

It's mission accomplished so far for Harte and he won't have lost much sleep over those who were giving out about delaying the club championships.

He has delivered yet again.

MR99

Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on July 20, 2010, 11:03:37 AM
It's interesting to note how quiet the anti Harte brigade go when Tyrone win matches. When they lose (even league games as we saw earlier in the year) they all appear saying that Tyrone are finished and Harte should go. Its always the same stuff that he's to loyal to older players who's legs have gone and he isn't giving certain players a chance.

Certain players are no were near good enough and are only on to keep there brother happy or because of were they live. They will also quote players who arent happy with the set up and how there's tension in the camp.

The same people might even come back and say they were wrong for a while but will come back with the usual stuff after a defeat.

I suppose I fall into your 'Anti Harte' brigade.  I have never criticised his loyalty to the old guard as I know that Dooher, Ricey, Hub and Conor Gormley still have waht it takes but my reservations about Davey which I always had and Colm Cavanagh still remain.

He can afford to play Davey against Monaghan as they do not play half forwards as such, they have 2 defensive haldf forwards.  He will be exposed when we come up against Cork or Meath who play attacking half forwards.  Yes, he is good going forward but he will cannot struggle against attacking half forwards.

As for Colm Cav, he is definitely improving and starting to justify his place, but if Aidan Cassidy was fit I would much prefer him.  In the meantime I hope Colm keeps up the improvement.  I'm not a fan of the way he reacts when he is fouled / gets rewarded for a dive.  Always gets up and confronts the other player and I fear someone cute will get him lined in a tight game, hopefully i'm wrong.

As for Harte, I have never questioned his ability as a manager but no matter if he wins the All-Ireland or not, he has completely wrecked division 1 club football with his insistance of having a panel of 35 polayers and with-holding them from their clubs.

the processor

Quote from: loughshore lad on July 10, 2010, 02:01:16 PM
Quote from: Dell on July 10, 2010, 12:52:34 PM
Why was Coalisland game off? Believe Ardboe behaved badly.

What are they supposed to have done this time  ???

No one can question mickeys ability to manage  the tyrone senior team but surely you have to agree that he single handedly has ruined club football in tyrone

orangeman

The Konica

Quote from: the processor on July 20, 2010, 01:14:17 PM

No one can question mickeys ability to manage  the tyrone senior team but surely you have to agree that he single handedly has ruined club football in tyrone

LOL! He can't win can he?

Tyrone Dreamer

Wouldn't say he has ruined club football but do think the situation has to be looked at. From mid June to August very little football seems to be played (even at underage level). This needs to be looked at as its a good time for games. I've said previously a parish competition (or something similar that splits county into 16 teams) should be considered for when the county players are unavailable. This would allow good standard football to be played and allow junior players to play at a higher level.

Don't think it would be fair to ask clubs to play any more than 5 starred games so it isn't an option to continue with the leagues. Someone was complaining about a 35 man panel (think its actually 38 with 4 injuries) but don't think an extra 4 or 5 players makes a great difference in the overall scheme of things and 1 of them is a keeper.

Whats it all about

Quote from: the processor on July 20, 2010, 01:14:17 PM

Seriously the level off gaa intellect on this board is dropping every week, the continual Harte bashing about club football is kinda boring by now, have you lot no eyes!! the level of football in this county has been risen by the exploits of our vocational, minor, under 21s and seniors over the past decade! the issue is a national problem with more fixtures (due to success) and teams becoming more and more prepared to the highest possible level (left out professional!!) so obviously county managers will protect their interest just like a club manager, really lets discuss solutions and not continually bash our manager !! ask clubs in armagh, Dublin etc how often they see county men not often.  our time of being beaten early will soon be upon us and then sure everything will be hunky dorey except for you lot bashing the then county manager for his teams inept performances!!!!!!!! take a glance at the Derry board it will be us soon enough! :-X

EC Unique

Quote from: MR99 on July 20, 2010, 12:46:13 PM
Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on July 20, 2010, 11:03:37 AM

I suppose I fall into your 'Anti Harte' brigade.  I have never criticised his loyalty to the old guard as I know that Dooher, Ricey, Hub and Conor Gormley still have waht it takes but my reservations about Davey which I always had and Colm Cavanagh still remain.

He can afford to play Davey against Monaghan as they do not play half forwards as such, they have 2 defensive haldf forwards.  He will be exposed when we come up against Cork or Meath who play attacking half forwards.  Yes, he is good going forward but he will cannot struggle against attacking half forwards.

As for Colm Cav, he is definitely improving and starting to justify his place, but if Aidan Cassidy was fit I would much prefer him.  In the meantime I hope Colm keeps up the improvement.  I'm not a fan of the way he reacts when he is fouled / gets rewarded for a dive.  Always gets up and confronts the other player and I fear someone cute will get him lined in a tight game, hopefully i'm wrong.

As for Harte, I have never questioned his ability as a manager but no matter if he wins the All-Ireland or not, he has completely wrecked division 1 club football with his insistance of having a panel of 35 polayers and with-holding them from their clubs.

I was glad to see Davey have a good game on Sunday and am not convinced on your theory about him not being able to defend, he has an allstar as a wing back and this can't all be down to him just attacking!

As for CC I have criticised in the past and he has got a lot better as the year has went on but I agree that he is there because of injuries. I wonder could Enda put in a claim for that jersey?

Zapatista

Quote from: EC Unique on July 20, 2010, 05:14:17 PM
As for CC I have criticised in the past and he has got a lot better as the year has went on but I agree that he is there because of injuries. I wonder could Enda put in a claim for that jersey?

i doubt it or he would have been wearing it. I have no complaints about how CC has proved me wrong and M Harte too for that matter. I would like to see CC release the ball quicker though he seems to get caught in pocession too ofteneven though he wins frees regularly.

I wouldn't rule out McCarron making a move to FB with Carlin along side him and Justy being moved to the Centre or even MF. I would love to see more of Justy running up the field especially against a big team like Cork.