Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Final Whistle

Illegal player my ass! Catch yourself on, fair play to mcnabb for lining out on Sunday! Credit to him and his club.

blewuporstuffed

just a question about the tyrone summer camps , whats the age limit for it, is it just for promary scholl children or is it u12 or what?
(and no i'm not thinking of going myself!)
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Wee Roddy

I cant remember who asked the question last week and I am to lazy to check.
Some asked about Errigal and Carrickmore third teams, and which is the higher standard, thirds or reserves? The impressioned seemed to be that the thirds took preference. This in fact is not the case due to the county board rulings, which are fair enough on the issue. The first team and the reserve team are the senior panel. In Carrickmore only a few players were forced to played thirds, the rest all prefered thirds due to either hurling commitments or simply could not give the time required to play senior football.
Errigal i believe is slightly different but as far as I am aware their reserves are their 2nd team.

wheres he takin er from

Quote from: Wee Roddy on May 19, 2010, 10:47:35 AM
I cant remember who asked the question last week and I am to lazy to check.
Some asked about Errigal and Carrickmore third teams, and which is the higher standard, thirds or reserves? The impressioned seemed to be that the thirds took preference. This in fact is not the case due to the county board rulings, which are fair enough on the issue. The first team and the reserve team are the senior panel. In Carrickmore only a few players were forced to played thirds, the rest all prefered thirds due to either hurling commitments or simply could not give the time required to play senior football.
Errigal i believe is slightly different but as far as I am aware their reserves are their 2nd team.

probably already answered numerous times, but do either errigal or carmen III have a reserve team, or do teams playing them not get a reserve game for that round of the league? if ye know what i mean
First on the field and last to leave

maco

Errigal III have a 'reserve' team. Carrickmore III do not have a 'reserve' team.

Radda bout yeee

Quote from: sizzler on May 18, 2010, 01:44:54 PM
Quote from: Radda bout yeee on May 18, 2010, 01:31:56 PM
Quote from: sizzler on May 18, 2010, 12:25:11 PM
Quote from: Radda bout yeee on May 18, 2010, 11:35:56 AM
Quote from: TonesAbú on May 17, 2010, 05:41:08 PM
Quote from: Wee Roddy on May 17, 2010, 05:17:54 PM
Carmen and Cookstown was a decent game, somewhat spoiled by a referee who was very very very inconsistent. Gabriel McCallan got 2 yellow cards and by my reckoning and everyone around me as well, the first one might not have even warrented a free with the Cookstown player making a meal of the tackle and doing his best Drogba impression, no 6 i think (could be wrong there).
With 14 minutes left and two points down and a man down it looked bleak for Carmen but herculian efforts from John Donnelly, Conor Mullan and in particular Paul Daly and Ciaran McAleer meant that Carmen just sneaked over the line. There are signs of improvement and it looks as if Gormley and McGurk along with a few others will be back for the championship.
Cookstown are a good wee outfit this year and with their county players there should be a match for anybody. Lawn has added a bit of steel to the team!

Wouldnt be the first time this year for that lad!

Its the same player too from what i've heard that got a man sent off in kildress i'm not going to mention him again but he may well share a name with an ex french soccer player who featured in a shampoo advert! ... disgraceful - its a pity that when some people are commenting on what a good a job lawn has done with the historical 'townie' attitude that this type of behaviour presists. he'll get a great name for himself in the county for it.

Radda Bout ye.......the same player will be remembered for being Cookstown's all ireland winning captain at Croke Park and wont be worried about what boys like you think. "Townie Attitude"....you make it sound like only townies carry on like this. Wise up. Carrickmore man was unlucky no doubt but thats football.

Your right he will be remembered for being your all ireland winning captain i heard theres a statue being erected on the site of the old St Patricks 'Intermediate' school if you get my drift. All I can say is that I'm sure there have been plenty of players who have went out and made a bad error of judgement when they have received contact and are generally embarrassed when it's shown/told to them again. But to do it twice in the space of three games to get a man sent off in gaelic football – That can't be defended!
Would anyone disagree with me that town teams cookstown especially in the past have shown traits unknown to other teams and all I'm doing is complimenting cookstown and chris lawn on instilling a real desire and passion for GAA in cookstown again. For god sake there must have been a total squad of 50 players with fr rocks out in kildress that day. That was unheard of in the past.

I'm disagreeing with you yes....Name one other example of a "trait" as you put it that "Cookstown especially" display that other teams dont????
The Carrickmore player was sent off for two yellows also, and was persistantly fouling all day. To be honest as a Cookstown man I would argue that other teams in the past have been much more street wise and cuter than us!!!

Diving
Whinging at refs
quarrelling amongst each other when things are going bad
division within the squad at certain times of year
players playing to soccer on a saturday and continuing celebration drinks on a sunday instead of going to GAA match
Poor training turnouts

But i reiterate i compliment cookstown and lawn in eradicating this type of thing in the vast majority of the club.

MR99

Quote from: Final Whistle on May 19, 2010, 08:59:04 AM
Illegal player my ass! Catch yourself on, fair play to mcnabb for lining out on Sunday! Credit to him and his club.
Agree with you strongly there Final Whistle.  Fair play to young McNabb, if only some of the rest of Micky's training panel had the same commitment to their clubs they would improve thier own games too.  Anyone that realistically has no chance of playing on Sunday should have represented thier clubs instead of going along on a weekend junket to ensure MH has enough men to play 15 v 15 in training.  There are 10 or 11 men there just to make up the numbers and in my opinion all they are doing is insulting their club and fellow cub players.  From what I hear McNabb did not start for Dromore and was the only recognised defender they had on the bench after their No. 6 was carried off, so fair play to Dromore and young Ronan for showing leadership.  I'd say the Moy men queued up to phone Micky as soon as he went onto the field!

Final Whistle

Not at all MR99, mcnabb didn't start as u said, he was fully justified in being introduced, played well also. Anybody grumbling on here has no reason to, moy were beaten by a vastly superior side/squad in a game that was refereed quite brilliantly. Fair play.

wheres he takin er from

Quote from: MR99 on May 19, 2010, 11:31:51 AM
Agree with you strongly there Final Whistle.  Fair play to young McNabb, if only some of the rest of Micky's training panel had the same commitment to their clubs they would improve thier own games too.  Anyone that realistically has no chance of playing on Sunday should have represented thier clubs instead of going along on a weekend junket to ensure MH has enough men to play 15 v 15 in training.  There are 10 or 11 men there just to make up the numbers and in my opinion all they are doing is insulting their club and fellow cub players.  From what I hear McNabb did not start for Dromore and was the only recognised defender they had on the bench after their No. 6 was carried off, so fair play to Dromore and young Ronan for showing leadership.  I'd say the Moy men queued up to phone Micky as soon as he went onto the field!

gotta agree with all the sentiments expressed here. very well put
First on the field and last to leave

Radda bout yeee

Quote from: wheres he takin er from on May 19, 2010, 12:32:12 PM
Quote from: MR99 on May 19, 2010, 11:31:51 AM

gotta agree with all the sentiments expressed here. very well put

Strength in numbers they should make a pact he can't drop them all. People must realise that MH is not the king of tyrone on gaa and non gaa matters i think some people are convinced he is.

the processor

Quote from: Radda bout yeee on May 19, 2010, 11:25:55 AM
Carmen and Cookstown was a decent game, somewhat spoiled by a referee who was very very very inconsistent. Gabriel McCallan got 2 yellow cards and by my reckoning and everyone around me as well, the first one might not have even warrented a free with the Cookstown player making a meal of the tackle and doing his best Drogba impression, no 6 i think (could be wrong there).
With 14 minutes left and two points down and a man down it looked bleak for Carmen but herculian efforts from John Donnelly, Conor Mullan and in particular Paul Daly and Ciaran McAleer meant that Carmen just sneaked over the line. There are signs of improvement and it looks as if Gormley and McGurk along with a few others will be back for the championship.
Cookstown are a good wee outfit this year and with their county players there should be a match for anybody. Lawn has added a bit of steel to the team!

Its the same player too from what i've heard that got a man sent off in kildress i'm not going to mention him again but he may well share a name with an ex french soccer player who featured in a shampoo advert! ... disgraceful - its a pity that when some people are commenting on what a good a job lawn has done with the historical 'townie' attitude that this type of behaviour presists. he'll get a great name for himself in the county for it.

Radda Bout ye.......the same player will be remembered for being Cookstown's all ireland winning captain at Croke Park and wont be worried about what boys like you think. "Townie Attitude"....you make it sound like only townies carry on like this. Wise up. Carrickmore man was unlucky no doubt but thats football.

Your right he will be remembered for being your all ireland winning captain i heard theres a statue being erected on the site of the old St Patricks 'Intermediate' school if you get my drift. All I can say is that I'm sure there have been plenty of players who have went out and made a bad error of judgement when they have received contact and are generally embarrassed when it's shown/told to them again. But to do it twice in the space of three games to get a man sent off in gaelic football – That can't be defended!
Would anyone disagree with me that town teams cookstown especially in the past have shown traits unknown to other teams and all I'm doing is complimenting cookstown and chris lawn on instilling a real desire and passion for GAA in cookstown again. For god sake there must have been a total squad of 50 players with fr rocks out in kildress that day. That was unheard of in the past.

I'm disagreeing with you yes....Name one other example of a "trait" as you put it that "Cookstown especially" display that other teams dont????
The Carrickmore player was sent off for two yellows also, and was persistantly fouling all day. To be honest as a Cookstown man I would argue that other teams in the past have been much more street wise and cuter than us!!!

Diving
Whinging at refs
players playing to soccer on a saturday and continuing celebration drinks on a sunday instead of going to GAA match
Poor training turnouts

But i reiterate i compliment cookstown and lawn in eradicating this type of thing in the vast majority of the club.

Here sean cavanagh phoned harte to tell him mc nabb was playin, him and mickey must be good buddies again

Final Whistle

In the Know

Whats with Errigal Thirds team this year?? is the same management team in place?? they seemed to be a team that had progressed alot last year and where playing good football. this year they seem to be going backwards. I thought they would be a team that would be pushing for silverware the year??

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: the processor on May 19, 2010, 01:35:27 PM

Diving
Whinging at refs
Poor training turnouts

Here sean cavanagh phoned harte to tell him mc nabb was playin, him and mickey must be good buddies again

If so, they were more than likely looking a game himself.

sizzler

Diving
Whinging at refs
Poor training turnouts

Ok so let me get this straight now......no other club in Tyrone cheat, winge at refs, quarrel amongst each other when things are goign bad, have the odd internal fallout amongst the squad, have a poor turnout for training on occassion???? I must have been so unlucky to have been born in Cookstown then and have to play for such a horrible club!!!!
Nobody has played soccer on a Saturday before a Sunday game in years by the way.
Chris has done a great job in instilling belief in these players, but dont kid yourself that town teams are any different from everyone else. Country boys can winge as good as anybody.  ;)