Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on May 17, 2010, 10:49:08 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on May 17, 2010, 09:31:23 PM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on May 17, 2010, 04:45:49 PM
Anyone think that the new Tyrone website has slipped this year.

Last year I could get youth results almost straight after games. This year that struggles to be the case. Maybe it's sorted now, but up until this morning I couldn't see results for the U14 quarter finals played on Saturday past.

I got the results straight away on the Tyrone website. Maybe you needed to clear your cache memory.

Doubt it. I used 3 different computers.

Any chance of a link then Zig?

http://www.tyronegaa.ie/fixtures-results/?clubID=1855
Testing Accessibility

Norf Tyrone

Cheers.
You would've need to have gone around the houses to get that. There is no link to give all the quarter final results on the one page though I notice!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

maco

Norf - what has happened to the Roes this season? I was at the game yesterday and I thought they were disappointing considering they played virtually the whole game against 14 men.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: maco on May 17, 2010, 11:14:43 PM
Norf - what has happened to the Roes this season? I was at the game yesterday and I thought they were disappointing considering they played virtually the whole game against 14 men.

I'll be honest with you. I don't know.
The only game I was at the year so far was the Clogher game, where we started brightly and then fell away but showed some promise. It's just gone Pete Tong since then.

We can't blame injuries or anything like that either. Yes there are one or two missing here and there, but all in all it's hardly much different to other clubs.

One factor is that we are not yet on our new pitch yet, and our temporary training pitch in Strabane was destroyed which has had an impact, but not sure that's the key reason.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Tommo2

Quote from: EC Unique on May 17, 2010, 05:20:52 PM
Quote from: Wee Roddy on May 17, 2010, 05:17:54 PM
Carmen and Cookstown was a decent game, somewhat spoiled by a referee who was very very very inconsistent. Gabriel McCallan got 2 yellow cards and by my reckoning and everyone around me as well, the first one might not have even warrented a free with the Cookstown player making a meal of the tackle and doing his best Drogba impression, no 6 i think (could be wrong there).
With 14 minutes left and two points down and a man down it looked bleak for Carmen but herculian efforts from John Donnelly, Conor Mullan and in particular Paul Daly and Ciaran McAleer meant that Carmen just sneaked over the line. There are signs of improvement and it looks as if Gormley and McGurk along with a few others will be back for the championship.
Cookstown are a good wee outfit this year and with their county players there should be a match for anybody. Lawn has added a bit of steel to the team!

They will give us a good game in the first round I suspect Roddy. Taking nothing for granted.

EC, Just a quick question - How would you describe Errigals style of play since  Canavan took over? I heard him on the radio yesterday almost criticising Armagh's tactics in the Ulster Championship, by playing so many players behind the ball and playing quite negitively. I didn't see the Armagh game, but it almost sounded like he was describing Errigals current tactics. Any thoughts?

Radda bout yeee

Quote from: TonesAbú on May 17, 2010, 05:41:08 PM
Carmen and Cookstown was a decent game, somewhat spoiled by a referee who was very very very inconsistent. Gabriel McCallan got 2 yellow cards and by my reckoning and everyone around me as well, the first one might not have even warrented a free with the Cookstown player making a meal of the tackle and doing his best Drogba impression, no 6 i think (could be wrong there).
With 14 minutes left and two points down and a man down it looked bleak for Carmen but herculian efforts from John Donnelly, Conor Mullan and in particular Paul Daly and Ciaran McAleer meant that Carmen just sneaked over the line. There are signs of improvement and it looks as if Gormley and McGurk along with a few others will be back for the championship.
Cookstown are a good wee outfit this year and with their county players there should be a match for anybody. Lawn has added a bit of steel to the team!

Wouldnt be the first time this year for that lad!

Its the same player too from what i've heard that got a man sent off in kildress i'm not going to mention him again but he may well share a name with an ex french soccer player who featured in a shampoo advert! ... disgraceful - its a pity that when some people are commenting on what a good a job lawn has done with the historical 'townie' attitude that this type of behaviour presists. he'll get a great name for himself in the county for it.

Zapatista

Quote from: Tommo2 on May 18, 2010, 10:01:19 AM

EC, Just a quick question - How would you describe Errigals style of play since  Canavan took over? I heard him on the radio yesterday almost criticising Armagh's tactics in the Ulster Championship, by playing so many players behind the ball and playing quite negitively. I didn't see the Armagh game, but it almost sounded like he was describing Errigals current tactics. Any thoughts?

He did explain it though.He said that Armagh didn't need to be so defencive as they have the talent going forward. He used their league campaign to back it up. Maybe he thinks EC need to do it?

EC Unique

I don't think Errigal pack their defence at all! If anything I think we are an attacking team. Our first choice half back line would be Paul Quinn Barry Canavan and Davey Harte, all of which love to go forward looking a score. Our forward lines are full of attacking players as well. So far this year we have 88 points scored in the League which is the highest, yet we have conceded 66 which is far from the best!( 6 teams are better in that department) None of this points towards a team that are defencive so I don't see where you are coming from?

sizzler

Quote from: Radda bout yeee on May 18, 2010, 11:35:56 AM

Its the same player too from what i've heard that got a man sent off in kildress i'm not going to mention him again but he may well share a name with an ex french soccer player who featured in a shampoo advert! ... disgraceful - its a pity that when some people are commenting on what a good a job lawn has done with the historical 'townie' attitude that this type of behaviour presists. he'll get a great name for himself in the county for it.

Radda Bout ye.......the same player will be remembered for being Cookstown's all ireland winning captain at Croke Park and wont be worried about what boys like you think. "Townie Attitude"....you make it sound like only townies carry on like this. Wise up. Carrickmore man was unlucky no doubt but thats football.

Zapatista

Quote from: EC Unique on May 18, 2010, 12:22:19 PM
I don't think Errigal pack their defence at all! If anything I think we are an attacking team. Our first choice half back line would be Paul Quinn Barry Canavan and Davey Harte, all of which love to go forward looking a score. Our forward lines are full of attacking players as well. So far this year we have 88 points scored in the League which is the highest, yet we have conceded 66 which is far from the best!( 6 teams are better in that department) None of this points towards a team that are defencive so I don't see where you are coming from?

Hard to argue with that.

kicking king

Quote from: sizzler on May 18, 2010, 12:25:11 PM

Radda Bout ye.......the same player will be remembered for being Cookstown's all ireland winning captain at Croke Park and wont be worried about what boys like you think. "Townie Attitude"....you make it sound like only townies carry on like this. Wise up. Carrickmore man was unlucky no doubt but thats football.

Thats the point sizzler its not football, certainly not gaelic football anyway.  What it is is cowardly play acting and cheating to get an advantage, something which I'm fairly sure the vast majority on here would not condone.

sizzler

Kicking King....I'm not condoning it but to suggest that it is a townie trait is ridiculous. It happens in all games and people should look a bit closer to home before labelling someone else a cheat. Cheating comes in all forms......like the linesman who gives a sideline ball to his own team when it clearly isnt or the umpire who flags for a fifty when it is clearly a wide. Ring any bells? We've all smiled when these have benefited our own team.

Aaron Boone

Boylesports.com have the following Tyrone SFC odds:

5/2Dromore
10/3Carrickmore
9/2Ardboe
11/2Errigal Ciaran
15/2Omagh St Endas
11/1Coalisland
20/1Moy
20/1Clonoe
33/1Galbally Pearses
33/1Cookstown
33/1Aghyaran St Davogs
33/1Killyclogher St Marys
33/1Greencastle
33/1Donaghmore
33/1Kildress
33/1Trillick St Macartans

Radda bout yeee

Your right he will be remembered for being your all ireland winning captain i heard theres a statue being erected on the site of the old St Patricks 'Intermediate' school if you get my drift. All I can say is that I'm sure there have been plenty of players who have went out and made a bad error of judgement when they have received contact and are generally embarrassed when it's shown/told to them again. But to do it twice in the space of three games to get a man sent off in gaelic football – That can't be defended!
Would anyone disagree with me that town teams cookstown especially in the past have shown traits unknown to other teams and all I'm doing is complimenting cookstown and chris lawn on instilling a real desire and passion for GAA in cookstown again. For god sake there must have been a total squad of 50 players with fr rocks out in kildress that day. That was unheard of in the past.

sizzler

Quote from: Radda bout yeee on May 18, 2010, 01:31:56 PM

Your right he will be remembered for being your all ireland winning captain i heard theres a statue being erected on the site of the old St Patricks 'Intermediate' school if you get my drift. All I can say is that I'm sure there have been plenty of players who have went out and made a bad error of judgement when they have received contact and are generally embarrassed when it's shown/told to them again. But to do it twice in the space of three games to get a man sent off in gaelic football – That can't be defended!
Would anyone disagree with me that town teams cookstown especially in the past have shown traits unknown to other teams and all I'm doing is complimenting cookstown and chris lawn on instilling a real desire and passion for GAA in cookstown again. For god sake there must have been a total squad of 50 players with fr rocks out in kildress that day. That was unheard of in the past.

I'm disagreeing with you yes....Name one other example of a "trait" as you put it that "Cookstown especially" display that other teams dont????
The Carrickmore player was sent off for two yellows also, and was persistantly fouling all day. To be honest as a Cookstown man I would argue that other teams in the past have been much more street wise and cuter than us!!!