Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tommo2

Quote from: ziggysego on April 14, 2010, 02:25:50 PM
Quote from: Tommo2 on April 14, 2010, 02:24:11 PM
Any word on Conor Gormleys injury. Will he be back for the Antrim game?

I heard it was a cracked knee cap, which could rule him out for the Antrim game.

Plenty of hearsay and possibles in that statement. In other words, you haven't got a clue and it may well be that it is just a bit of swelling and he is available for Carmen at the weekend.

Final Whistle

Any word on the two mcmahons? Is the 1st round of the tyrone championship prior to the antrim game???

ziggysego

Quote from: Tommo2 on April 14, 2010, 04:11:46 PM

I heard it was a cracked knee cap, which could rule him out for the Antrim game.

Plenty of hearsay and possibles in that statement. In other words, you haven't got a clue and it may well be that it is just a bit of swelling and he is available for Carmen at the weekend.

Just saying what I heard from the Carrickmore camp and didn't say it was gosphel :P
Testing Accessibility

sandwiches_in_the_boot

Quote from: Tommo2 on April 14, 2010, 09:00:27 AM
Was Kevin McNally playing for Carmen last night? I think he broke his leg last year and was out for most of last season.

Maco lined out at centre half forward and played the whole game.

Quote from: nrico2006 on April 14, 2010, 09:58:16 AM
What is the Carrickmore 3rd side?  Is Brian Gormley playing for them also?

Can't see Brian playing but his brother Fergal has lined out at midfield for the III's. Gavin McElroy is also playing at CHB. Ronan came on the other day as well. The rest of the team is made of hurlers, reserve regulars and some younger lads. There's a few who wouldn't have got the chance to play for their club save for the thirds, so it's a good venture in it's infancy.They'll struggle this year, but it's no easy task launching a brand new team into a league.
"A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin."
H. L. Mencken

pumpednotstuffed

Killyclogher minors v Strabane

Was to be played the night as the two teams had no county minors. But county board couldn't organise a referee, even though all measures were taken so match could go ahead. An absolute joke. What a waste of managers time, players time, supporters and the expense for strabane.

up tyrone

Quote from: Tommo2 on April 14, 2010, 04:11:46 PM

Has done his medial ligament cud be out for anything between 1-3 mths depending on the severity.Has a scan later today from what i`m hearing no cruciate damage,so thats good news.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: pumpednotstuffed on April 15, 2010, 07:56:23 PM
Killyclogher minors v Strabane

Was to be played the night as the two teams had no county minors. But county board couldn't organise a referee, even though all measures were taken so match could go ahead. An absolute joke. What a waste of managers time, players time, supporters and the expense for strabane.

FFS. Is the County struggling for referees?
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

maximus

Probably just a mix up, hardly due to a shortage of referees as there were few other games on

Club Rossa

Ardboe v Stewartstown minor game was also off,with no county minors on either side.

Tommo2

Any predictions on league games this weekend. Aghyarn v Greencastle will be a big one. The Donegal border is a hard place to leave with both points.

Moy v Clonoe is also a big game. Will see if either team is potential challengers this weekend.

Club Rossa

Massive improvement need from Ardboe this weekend if they are to beat Killyclogher,who always provide stern opposition for us.

Tommo2

Quote from: Club Rossa on April 16, 2010, 12:43:02 PM
Massive improvement need from Ardboe this weekend if they are to beat Killyclogher,who always provide stern opposition for us.

Couple of the Meenans injured, so think Ardboe should have too much for them. Any word on rumour that former county man Brian Meenan has retired.

ziggysego

Hope Conor makes a full recovery in time for the Antrim game. He's rock solid for Tyrone over the years and his services will be greatly needed for this game.
Testing Accessibility

Wee Roddy

Here here Ziggy. Badly needed by club and county.
Coalisland have some chance to beat Carmen in Carmen on Sunday. A side without McGurk, Gaby McCallan, Finney Magill, Roana McNally and now Conor Gormley is well weakened. The newcomers done very well against Greencastle but a sterner test awaits on Sunday.
I would just like to say that Eugene McConnell has to be one of the most "look at me" referees of all time. Both sets of supporters and indeed some players were laughing at him.

longrunsthefox

...and mid fielder Niall Loughran got a straight red against Greencastle...