Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maximus

With regards championship there was talk about end may (weekend 30-31st) or the following week dependent on how Tyrone do against Antrim

ziggysego

Quote from: maximus on April 13, 2010, 10:06:38 PM
With regards championship there was talk about end may (weekend 30-31st) or the following week dependent on how Tyrone do against Antrim

What date is the Antrim v Tyrone game? I'm away one weekend in May and knowing my luck, probably that weekend.
Testing Accessibility

omagh_gael

Quote from: ziggysego on April 13, 2010, 10:08:59 PM

What date is the Antrim v Tyrone game? I'm away one weekend in May and knowing my luck, probably that weekend.

23rd Zig

Dell

Depending how Tyrone do against Antrim! How things have changed from last years Ulster Final when all of Tyrone expected an easy win. Have we really dropped this much in 9 months?
light travels faster than sound this is why some people appear bright until they speak

ziggysego

Quote from: omagh_gael on April 13, 2010, 10:09:53 PM

23rd Zig

Frick it, it IS the same weekend!   :'(
Testing Accessibility

maximus

I don't think it's a foregone conclusion that Tyrone will beat Antrim with the likes of CJ, Sean Kelly returning to an Antrim team which will be full of confidence following a sucessful league campaign and an All Ireland win for several players. That said I would still expect Tyrone to win maybe not as comfortably as last year.

Dell

What about a vote for the GAA here?
The Biggest sporting organisation in Ulster!

Who is Ulster's greatest sports icon?

George Best 43%
Tony McCoy 5%
Barry McGuigan 6%
Mary Peters 4%
Willie John McBride 3%
Peter Canavan 6%
Joey Dunlop 21%
Alex Higgins 2%
Pat Jennings 6%
Jack Kyle 4%

Read more: http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/other-sports/ulsters-top-10-sporting-icons-14764989.html#ixzz0l0rkBhTE
light travels faster than sound this is why some people appear bright until they speak

up tyrone

Quote from: Rocky Mc Guigan on April 13, 2010, 08:24:35 PM
Quote from: trileacman on April 13, 2010, 08:15:34 PM
Quote from: Rocky Mc Guigan on April 13, 2010, 07:46:09 PM
Quote from: up tyrone on April 13, 2010, 06:19:54 PM
Quote from: Rocky Mc Guigan on April 13, 2010, 08:47:06 AM
I'd say Davy Harte can't wait to see the return of Brian Dooher so he can start covering for him again.
Catch yourself on coming out with a comment like that davey seems to get the brunt of everybodys criticism on this  board because of who he is,very easy for anybody to sit behind a keyboard to criticise a fella who gives 9-10 mths of the year devoted to the gaa.Theirs to many people here who wouldnt know how much these fellas put their bodys through everyday of the week dedicated to playing football.
Were you at the Galway or Dublin games in recent weeks?I'd be of the opinion that parting with my hard earned cash gives me the right to voice my opinions whether some like it or not.
If Davey Harte was personally beniffiting from your "hard-earned cash" being spent at matches then you might have a leg to stand on but until then voice your opinions in a more balanced manner.
Do you mean, sit on the fence and pay homage at the feet of the bearded one. Don't think so.Sport is all about opinions and I'm entitled to mine. By the way Carrickmore beat Greencastle 2-9 to 0-7
Ur starting at 5 against antrim and we`ll see how you get on!Theirs more than davey playing poorly in those games but hes always the cheap shot because of who he is.

Rocky Mc Guigan

Quote from: maximus on April 13, 2010, 09:47:45 PM
Will Ronan mc Garrity be playing for Carrickmore seniors this year I see he came on for the thirds against Dregish hardly keep a man of his quality playing thirds for the year?
There's not many men in their fortieth year playing Division 1 football. Will be poor reflection on the rest of the Carrickmore players if Ronan made the first team. A class player in his day right enough

Tommo2

Was Kevin McNally playing for Carmen last night? I think he broke his leg last year and was out for most of last season.

Bensars

Quote from: trileacman on April 13, 2010, 08:15:34 PM
Quote from: Rocky Mc Guigan on April 13, 2010, 07:46:09 PM
Quote from: up tyrone on April 13, 2010, 06:19:54 PM
Quote from: Rocky Mc Guigan on April 13, 2010, 08:47:06 AM
I'd say Davy Harte can't wait to see the return of Brian Dooher so he can start covering for him again.
Catch yourself on coming out with a comment like that davey seems to get the brunt of everybodys criticism on this  board because of who he is,very easy for anybody to sit behind a keyboard to criticise a fella who gives 9-10 mths of the year devoted to the gaa.Theirs to many people here who wouldnt know how much these fellas put their bodys through everyday of the week dedicated to playing football.
Were you at the Galway or Dublin games in recent weeks?I'd be of the opinion that parting with my hard earned cash gives me the right to voice my opinions whether some like it or not.
If Davey Harte was personally beniffiting from your "hard-earned cash" being spent at matches then you might have a leg to stand on but until then voice your opinions in a more balanced manner.
:o :o :o :o

Watch out the Opinion police are on patrol !

nrico2006

What is the Carrickmore 3rd side?  Is Brian Gormley playing for them also?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

mick999

Reports on last Night's games from Teamtalk newsletter:

http://campaign.constantcontact.com/render?v=001907B4yRClb9WpyiSew1airP1FL15MYEK2qBhVUl_10LaxYFf04u_MEVVbgs4PqhCbZQUIbTZjrOLNLvDzdipVHZZ_vAQ6WOR5t7TM5_rdnt5EVPIvN3Nm7mIv8_BiUhFF5DycXuF6M0%3D

O'NEILLS ALL COUNTY LEAGUE DIVISION ONE

Wins for Errigal and Carmen

The two senior league finalists from last season opened their campaigns with wins last night as champions Errigal Ciaran overcame Aghyaran at Dunmoyle while Carrickmore defeated debut boys Greencastle.
A Michael Anderson goal and points from Aidan Connolly and Martin Penrose got the St Davogs off to a great start against Errigal Ciaran before Caolan Dolan found the net. In the second half it was the home side who had the better of things with Tierney, Ronan McRory and Peter Harte all weighing in with points, with Penrose on target for Aghyaran as Errigal Ciaran won 1-13 to 0-9.
The visitors finished with thirteen men after Brian McHugh and Ronan McNamee were sent off while Errigal had only fourteen players on the field at the final whistle after Damian 'Dasher' McDermott was dismissed.
Greencastle made their debut in senior football but it proved to be a losing one as they went down 2-9 to 0-7 at home to Carrickmore. Paul McAleer and James Nugent were the St Colmcilles goal scorers on a night when they finished with fourteen men after Niall Loughran was sent off. They also suffered a blow with Conor Gormley having to go off with a knee injury. Shane Coyle was among the points for the St Patrick's.

GORMLEY BLOW FOR TYRONE

Tyrone have been dealt a blow with the news that Conor Gormley picked up an injury while playing for his club Carrickmore in their opening league game of the season away to Greencastle last night (Tuesday).

The Red Hands centre half back had to be helped off with only five minutes left to play and reports suggest he has a very badly swollen knee that could well leave him a doubt for Tyrone's opening game in defence of their Ulster title against Antrim next month.

Nothing can be done until the swelling goes down and he will then be assessed by the Tyrone physios later in the week. It comes just forty eight hours after Joe McMahon had to go off with a knee injury in Tyrone's National league defeat against Dublin and the Omagh St Enda's man is to have a scan to find out the extent of the damage.

Tommo2

Any word on Conor Gormleys injury. Will he be back for the Antrim game?

ziggysego

Quote from: Tommo2 on April 14, 2010, 02:24:11 PM
Any word on Conor Gormleys injury. Will he be back for the Antrim game?

I heard it was a cracked knee cap, which could rule him out for the Antrim game.
Testing Accessibility