Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocky Mc Guigan

I'd say Davy Harte can't wait to see the return of Brian Dooher so he can start covering for him again.

orangeman

The night that Tyrpne played Kerry, was there not somebody else on a yellow card that night as well but who were not taken off at half time ?.

Can anybody remember ? Was it Mc Menamin by any chance ?.

My point is that you can't take everybody off that is on a yellow ?.

Ok it did look that Dublin successfully adopted these tactics on Sunday by taking off the lads who were on their last chance i.e Bastick etc etc.

up tyrone

Quote from: Rocky Mc Guigan on April 13, 2010, 08:47:06 AM
I'd say Davy Harte can't wait to see the return of Brian Dooher so he can start covering for him again.
Catch yourself on coming out with a comment like that davey seems to get the brunt of everybodys criticism on this  board because of who he is,very easy for anybody to sit behind a keyboard to criticise a fella who gives 9-10 mths of the year devoted to the gaa.Theirs to many people here who wouldnt know how much these fellas put their bodys through everyday of the week dedicated to playing football.

bigfrank

Tyrone championship hardly start in May this year will it with current fixtures i have seen in place and tyrone v antrim 23rd may. Did anyone hear dates etc

Rocky Mc Guigan

Quote from: up tyrone on April 13, 2010, 06:19:54 PM
Catch yourself on coming out with a comment like that davey seems to get the brunt of everybodys criticism on this  board because of who he is,very easy for anybody to sit behind a keyboard to criticise a fella who gives 9-10 mths of the year devoted to the gaa.Theirs to many people here who wouldnt know how much these fellas put their bodys through everyday of the week dedicated to playing football.
Were you at the Galway or Dublin games in recent weeks?I'd be of the opinion that parting with my hard earned cash gives me the right to voice my opinions whether some like it or not.

trileacman

Quote from: Rocky Mc Guigan on April 13, 2010, 07:46:09 PM
Were you at the Galway or Dublin games in recent weeks?I'd be of the opinion that parting with my hard earned cash gives me the right to voice my opinions whether some like it or not.
If Davey Harte was personally beniffiting from your "hard-earned cash" being spent at matches then you might have a leg to stand on but until then voice your opinions in a more balanced manner.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Rocky Mc Guigan

Quote from: trileacman on April 13, 2010, 08:15:34 PM
Quote from: Rocky Mc Guigan on April 13, 2010, 07:46:09 PM
If Davey Harte was personally beniffiting from your "hard-earned cash" being spent at matches then you might have a leg to stand on but until then voice your opinions in a more balanced manner.
Do you mean, sit on the fence and pay homage at the feet of the bearded one. Don't think so.Sport is all about opinions and I'm entitled to mine. By the way Carrickmore beat Greencastle 2-9 to 0-7

ceol agus peil

Tyrone Div 1 ACL

Carrickmore 2-9
Greencastle 0-7

Niall Loughran sent off in the Greencastle v Carrickmore game tonight. Straight red card from referee, Eugene McConnell. Conor Gormley was subbed close to the end of the second half due to an injury.
Sent from my iphone

ceol agus peil

ACL Div 1
Errigal Ciaran              1-13
Aghyaran St Davogs     1-9
Sent from my iphone

EC Unique

Errigal come from 5 points down to win by 4 in a poor enough game. Year off to a wining start but not that impressive.

sandwiches_in_the_boot

Quote from: ceol agus peil on April 13, 2010, 08:31:56 PM
Tyrone Div 1 ACL

Carrickmore 2-9
Greencastle 0-7

Niall Loughran sent off in the Greencastle v Carrickmore game tonight. Straight red card from referee, Eugene McConnell. Conor Gormley was subbed close to the end of the second half due to an injury.

Referee was absolutely diabolical. Good job Carmen won so can laugh about it, but really was bad. Didn't see the Loughran incident and he probably deserved to go, but there was couple of other striking incidents he waved on.
The Greencastle member (of the management team?) doing the line, did his best to make a joke of the game as well. Carmen were very poor first half, but started playing well second. Full back line did well, Spirlo in particular, Wee Dan was excellent as well. Greencastle did show potential during periods, but have a way to come. Saying that, although the goals gave Carrickmore the comfortable cushion by the end, it was far from a comfortable game for the most part.
"A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin."
H. L. Mencken

ziggysego

First of all, congratulations to Carrickmore, but the game was much tighter than the scoreline might suggest. Greencastle were much the better team in the first half and could have been in the lead, but Carrickmore had the experience to put it up to us in the 2nd half.

If Greencastle were to keep up to this standard, we could well be staying up at the end of the year, which is all we really want for our first in Division 1.

Conor Gormley did go off near the end. I've heard rumours he cracked his knee cap, which could put a cloud over Tyrone GAA this summer.

As for a member of the Greencastle Manage Team on the line, I'm afraid you're very much mistaken Sandwiches.
Testing Accessibility

maximus

Will Ronan mc Garrity be playing for Carrickmore seniors this year I see he came on for the thirds against Dregish hardly keep a man of his quality playing thirds for the year?

sandwiches_in_the_boot

Quote from: ziggysego on April 13, 2010, 09:31:24 PM
First of all, congratulations to Carrickmore, but the game was much tighter than the scoreline might suggest. Greencastle were much the better team in the first half and could have been in the lead, but Carrickmore had the experience to put it up to us in the 2nd half.

If Greencastle were to keep up to this standard, we could well be staying up at the end of the year, which is all we really want for our first in Division 1.

Conor Gormley did go off near the end. I've heard rumours he cracked his knee cap, which could put a cloud over Tyrone GAA this summer.

As for a member of the Greencastle Manage Team on the line, I'm afraid you're very much mistaken Sandwiches.

Who was he then? Was a poor enough organised affair. Ref had to go to the Greencastle dug out looking a linesman. He made a right hash of it, one time two Greencastle lads managed to put the ball over the line between them but still managed to get the line kick. Not often you see the linesman give advice to one team or treat a player for cramp either!

Looked like it was Gormley's knee that was the problem.
"A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin."
H. L. Mencken

ziggysego

Quote from: sandwiches_in_the_boot on April 13, 2010, 10:02:16 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on April 13, 2010, 09:31:24 PM

Who was he then? Was a poor enough organised affair. Ref had to go to the Greencastle dug out looking a linesman. He made a right hash of it, one time two Greencastle lads managed to put the ball over the line between them but still managed to get the line kick. Not often you see the linesman give advice to one team or treat a player for cramp either!

Looked like it was Gormley's knee that was the problem.

True, linesman should have been in place before the throw-in. The ref didn't go to the management, asking for one of them. Just to find someone. A Greencastle from the stand.

Still, Carrickmore were the better team in the second half. Once youse got that second goal near the end, took the wind out of our sails. We were in it until then though.
Testing Accessibility