Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Knock Yer Mucker In

Quote from: Gaffer on October 18, 2009, 11:04:20 PM
Quote from: redcard on October 18, 2009, 10:59:03 PM
Quote from: KIDDO 4 on October 18, 2009, 06:42:38 PM
Well done Dromore and let the celebrations begin.

Exactly kiddo Well done dromore

Patsy Forbes can't bear to look at McCullough

classic snap, what would you expect anyhows!!!

Great game, Arboe had it in the clasp of their hands, an awful way to way.  I was in shock at the end. I was sure they had it.

mick999

Typical BBC ...

Main headline on NI Sports website is about the incident at the end ...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/northern_ireland/gaelic_games/8313897.stm

GAA chiefs to probe ref assault 

Trouble flared after the Tyrone county final at Healy Park
Tyrone officials are to investigate reports that referee Sean Quinn was assaulted after Sunday's county football final at Healy Park.

orangeman

Still in shock here.

Gutted for everyone in the club. It's hard one to take after playing all the football in the second half. Dromore looked dead and buried after Ardboe mesmerised their now renowned defence with the best football we've played all year. We had one ( maybe two ) hands on the Cup only for it to be taken away from us in the most cruel of circumstances.

The team did the club proud and we're all proud of the display they put on yesterday and this should be remembered above all else. The effort they made yesterday was fantastic and a credit to them. Hopefully we'll build on the efforts of this year and can be there or thereabouts next year.

But fair play to Dromore who are aslo a fantastic team.

Captain Mc Cullagh held his nerve well to put away the penalty. It sounded that he had his speech prepared and read it accordingly with no consideration given to the manner of their victory. The victory speech looked like it wasn't going to be needed.

I wish the Dromore team, management and supporters well in their quest for the Ulster title. At this stage they're well conditioned and games like yesterdays will stand to them.

Finally, it does look as if the ref was hit coming off the field and those responsible will just have to take whatever medicine is coming their way. I thought the ref did a good job - it was a penalty. You can't touch let alone hit a ref.

seamusthebard

Hard luck to Ardboe. That was the cruellist way i have ever seen any team lose a county final. Little consoilation I know but your team were a credit to you and with talent like that, it wont be long until the the championship is resting in Ardboe again.
Well done to Dromore, a very good team and to both teams , thanks for wonderful entertainment.

Doogie Browser

Fair play to ye Orangeman, magnanimous summation.

under the bar

QuoteThe O'Neill cup should be renamed the West Tyrone cup.

East Tyrone would need to reform their own league again if they want to start winning something!

Just remind me - who won it last year - my memory is nearly as bad as yours.

Exactly.  A flash-in-the-pan fluke if ever I saw one. 

Master Yoda

Briilant game of football yesterday, I thought Ardboe done enough to win it but fair play to Dromore they stuck at it and got a break. Two very good teams and Dromore in my opinion will be the team to beat in Ulster.

Don't want to be picking faults with the Ardboe management but you would have to question the thinking in standing the wonderful Brian McGugian in full forward for the first half when they could not get any supply of ball to him, it was no coincidence that Ardboe started to play when he came out the field a bit.

I really feel sick for Ardboe to come so close and be denied at the death like that was heart breaking, I hope they can regroup and come back and rectify it next year.
Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering

Sanchez

Best county final i've ever had the pleasure of attending. Wonderful game of football. Ardboe's second half comeback was the best bit of football i have seen all year. I'll admit that I was rooting for the Rossas the whole game and was gutted for them at the end up. I can only imagine the heartbreak they felt afterwards. Marty Mc Keown was outstanding I thought, Brian Mc Guigan immense in the second half as was Kyle Coney. I thought big John Mc Conville won his battle with Mickey Garry hands down. But you have to give full credit to Dromore. Behind by 5 points with not long left on the clock, they picked themselves up again after being totally dominated in the second half. They'll be hard to beat in Ulster.

Wee Roddy

Congratulations to both teams on an absolutely absorbing contest. The football was off the highest order and perhaps it was a good thing we came up short in the semi final because I dont think we have the quality both teams showed yesterday.
It seems to be unamious decision from everyone that it was a penalty but did Snowy throw the ball to Ricey? It happened very fast but it was my gut reaction!
A little side comment and not to sound ungracious but I hear that Mr Paddy Hunter reckons Dromore are the team of the decade! Am I wrong or is he a complete clem??

Tommo2

Quote from: Wee Roddy on October 19, 2009, 11:47:29 AM
Congratulations to both teams on an absolutely absorbing contest. The football was off the highest order and perhaps it was a good thing we came up short in the semi final because I dont think we have the quality both teams showed yesterday.
It seems to be unamious decision from everyone that it was a penalty but did Snowy throw the ball to Ricey? It happened very fast but it was my gut reaction!
A little side comment and not to sound ungracious but I hear that Mr Paddy Hunter reckons Dromore are the team of the decade! Am I wrong or is he a complete clem??

Not sure what that means, but I would also include Peter Ward in that category. A complete clown. Seems like a cartoon charactor these days. He's a very talented keeper if he would just stick to what he is good at.

new devil

DCR

Cruel way to lose a final but congratulations and best wishes to Dromore.
Isn't it amazing that after a game in which they were "white hot" favourites Dromore now dont look as formidable opponents as they did last week. And how long is it since the much vaunted Dromore defence conceded 1-9 in a half and their "devastating" (Tyrone Herald) forward line scored 0-1 from play. Clontibret will take much heart.

tyrone86

Quote from: new devil on October 19, 2009, 12:20:26 PM
What was ward at yesterday?

He left his goals to join the attack with a couple of minutes left. He got caught, Ardboe had a pop for goal and only for Cathal McCarron (I think) being back to clear the thing they'd have been in bother. However, if Ardboe had held possession at that point I'd have thought they'd held on for the win - I think that was the attack that led to McCullagh scoring the last free. 

Tommo2

Thought the ref done well yesterday, but one thing I noticed coming towards injury time. When Ardboe players commitng fouls which warranted a booking (Frank McGuigan), he let the free be taken and issued the yellow card on the run rather than halt the game and take the players details. However, in the semi-final against Killyclogher, Ardboe committed 2 cynical fouls in the last minute to slow the play down and the same ref took an entirety to book both players, rather than letting the quick free be taken. This meant that c. 2 mins were used for the bookings. Not sure why he changed his strategy, but it meant that Arboe's fouling did not work in this case.

DCR

Quote from: Tommo2 on October 19, 2009, 03:16:56 PM
Thought the ref done well yesterday, but one thing I noticed coming towards injury time. When Ardboe players commitng fouls which warranted a booking (Frank McGuigan), he let the free be taken and issued the yellow card on the run rather than halt the game and take the players details. However, in the semi-final against Killyclogher, Ardboe committed 2 cynical fouls in the last minute to slow the play down and the same ref took an entirety to book both players, rather than letting the quick free be taken. This meant that c. 2 mins were used for the bookings. Not sure why he changed his strategy, but it meant that Arboe's fouling did not work in this case.
But Fabian O'Neills did (again).