Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

healypark

congrats to dromore. they were 5 points down mid way through the second half.
never seen them getting a goal but shows the character of them not to give up.

up tyrone

That peter ward is some laugh,must be from planet mars theirs a talking point with him every time i see him play!ref struck at least twice could have been alot worse only for the stewards.epic game bad way to loose,but definite pen goalie didnt have to touch the player concerned ball was going wide.Have to say if i was from ardboe thought i wouldnt have been happy with some of the scoreable frees sean quinn give to dromore in the second half,also he stopped play for ricey in the second half a couple of times when he was down when their was nothing wrong with him,and when tommy mcguigan was clearly injured he waved play on.Puzzling decision by ardboe management to take bella of with a few minutes to go.

randomtask

two cracking games of football on show today, congrats to dromore and very unluicky ardboe who should hold their heads very high, also wana congratulate the omagh lads on showing great spirt and heart to come back from 6 points with five minutes to go, all an all a great advertisement for tyrone football

DCR

Quote from: up tyrone on October 18, 2009, 07:30:50 PM
That peter ward is some laugh,must be from planet mars theirs a talking point with him every time i see him play!ref struck at least twice could have been alot worse only for the stewards.epic game bad way to loose,but definite pen goalie didnt have to touch the player concerned ball was going wide.Have to say if i was from ardboe thought i wouldnt have been happy with some of the scoreable frees sean quinn give to dromore in the second half,also he stopped play for ricey in the second half a couple of times when he was down when their was nothing wrong with him,and when tommy mcguigan was clearly injured he waved play on.Puzzling decision by ardboe management to take bella of with a few minutes to go.

I agree totally with your comments on Ref's performance. Being charitable - some puzzling calls.
Don't know where you were in ground but if you had been behind the dugouts you would have seen Bella signal that he was injured and call for a sub.

tyrone86

The best County Final since the Errigal v Carmen battles at the start of the decade.

Definitely a penalty, a draw would have been a fair result. The proverbial game of 2 halves. Dromore dominant in the 1st half - should have led by more than 3 at the half. Ardboe clicked after half time and played as well in the first 20 minutes as they did all year. Dromore experience was the key factor in the last 5.

No excuse for anyone having a go at Clitheroe, from a neutral point of view I thought he was excellent.

DCR

Tyrone 86 what did you think of Up Tyrones post concerning refs handling of injuries
.......Have to say if i was from ardboe thought i wouldnt have been happy with some of the scoreable frees sean quinn give to dromore in the second half,also he stopped play for ricey in the second half a couple of times when he was down when their was nothing wrong with him,and when tommy mcguigan was clearly injured he waved play on.

tyrone86

There was a few digs went in at Ricey when he was on the ground. Why would he lie down when they were 2 or 3 points down at the time? As for the Tommy incident, he was getting treated and the ref told the keeper to get on with it. I've seen it in plenty of cases when the clock is counting down. Tommy was up by the time the kickout was taken.

I can't think of any soft frees in the second half except, maybe, the very first one Dromore got. Generally you don't tend to get too much for nothing from Quinn.

wheres he takin er from

any ideas when jerome quinn is likely to have footage online so i can get a look at it?
First on the field and last to leave

tyroneboi

Quote from: wheres he takin er from on October 18, 2009, 08:19:04 PM
any ideas when jerome quinn is likely to have footage online so i can get a look at it?

Will be on this website on Monday I would imagine:

http://vimeo.com/user1785268

He is usually pretty quick in getting them up on the site.

Tyrone Dreamer

Brilliant game. Best county final in a long long time. Ardboe must be gutted, really deserved to win. Can't understand why they left themselves so open at the end. From a neutral point of view (was actually hoping Ardboe would win) I think the ref had no choice with the penalty. Thought he was good throughout and didnt favour either team. Don't think he can be blamed for the result. If he was struck at the end it was a disgrace. Some people really have to grow up and catch themselves on or we'll be left with no refs.

sam03/05

the actions of those idiots at the end of the match should be really punished hard. I actually thought the ref had a great game, it was a very difficult game to referee in tricky conditions and with a bit of niggle which he handled really well (others might have over reacted) as a result we got one of the best games of football in years. Ardboe were very unlucky and should really have won the game. McCullagh showed some bottle at the end to stick away that penalty.

KIDDO 4

WEDNESDAY 21 October @7:45PM (et if required)
O'Neill's ACL Div 1 League Semi-final
An Charrig Mhór v Ardboe in An Charrig Mhór

SUNDAY 25 OCTOBER
O'Neill's ACL Division 1 Relegation Play Off @ 2:30PM (et if required)
Kildress v Loughmacrory in KILDRESS

O'Neill's ACL Div 2 Promotion Play-Off Final @ 2:30PM (et if required)
Derrylaughan v Moortown in COALISLAND

W J Dolan U21 Grade 3 Final 2PM
Aghyaran v Brackaville in KILLYCLOGHER

W J Dolan U21 Grade 2 Final 3:30PM
Gortin v Greencastle in KILLYCLOGHER

oakleafgael

That was the best club game I have seen this year, in derry or tyrone. Hard luck to Ardboe as they had it won but thats football. I hope a few lunatics dont take the gloss off what was a great final. They should be dealt with in the proper fashion and shouldnt be allowed to blacken the name of their own club, fair play to the Ardboe players who interevened along with the stewards.

Whilst it was a hard way to lose the referee cant be blamed in any way at all. He had an excellent game and had an excellent game imo. There was a bit of niggle in the first half and a weaker ref would have let it develope but he managed to keep a lid on it. The penalty was the right call and he had no option but to give it, the keeper will be having nightmares about it for a while to come as he had no need to do it.

Dromore bossed the first 25mins of the first half and the score at half time wasnt reflective of their dominance. Ardboe where far to easily pushed around and it looked a senior team against minors such was the physical dominance of the Dromore men. The Blues defence was winning whatever ball came in but it was mainly poor quality.

From the start of the second half it was a different Ardboe team, they completly dominated midfield and up front the McGuigans had the better of their men. McConville was either winning or breaking every kickout and he was instrumental in the goal. A hail mary ball from a free out the field was broken down and the ball was in a scrum of players before it broke to an Ardboe man, Coney?, and he passed to the unmarked Shea McGuigan who went round the keeper and put it away. It was score for score for most of the rest of the second half, point for point until Dromore got it back to 2. Points from Brian McGuigan brought it back to four and it looked all over. But Ardboe stopped playing for the last 5 mins, they only had one man inside the dromore 45.

Two quick points brought it back to 1 with time almost up but Ardboe managed to get a break away point and it looked over. Then a moment of madness from the young keeper and it was a penalty. Fair play to the wee man McCullagh for sticking it away, I didnt like the attempts by the Ardboe to put him off and he held his nerve. The ref played enough time to give Ardboe the chance to draw but htey couldnt get the ball up the field and that was that.

There where plenty of incidents during the game that people will no doubt bring up, by the letter of the law both the number 2 and 5 from Ardboe should have seen the line and McConville and Ward could have joined them but the match was refereed very well.

The best defender on the pitch was the Ardboe full back he didnt deserve to be on the losing team and would be one who could deserve a chance in the McKenna cup. Some of the bigger names where very poor, McMenamin isnt a chb and should be played on the wing as he left far to much space in the middle of the field. McCullagh apart from the placed kicks wasnt at the races but I suppose he won the game for them. In fact the whole Dromore attack was poor in the second half as the stopped making any kind of runs at all. Fair play to Fabian O'Neill, he didnt always win the ball but he is as game as a badger and stuck at his task all game. MOTM for me was the big number 14, John McConville.

Mr. Nakata

12 quid at the entrance had me wincing but by God that was money well spent. The undercard game was excellent, end to end stuff all match with loads of goal mouth incident. Well played Omagh for a storming comeback. Takes a set of balls to take a free from 30 yards out last kick of the game to equalize, in front of 5000 people at 16 years of age. Well done young Murphy. Senior final was a classic. Really thought the weather was gonna kill it as a spectacle, but it only added to the drama. Big ridge were dominant with Collins and Garry lording proceedings in the first half. McNabb also looked to have the beating of Campbell, who is a niggly wee player. The opening 20 minutes in the second half was fantasy stuff from the loughshore men. Even though a lot of ball was hail maryed in, there was some exquisite passages of play as well. Dromore didn't get a kick at it for 15 minutes. Midfield were massacred, wee Fab was left exposed at the back and Frank McGuigan done serious damage. Coney was spraying the ball about beautifully and there was only going to be one winner. Just before the penalty incident the Arboe substitute had a 2 on 1 to bury the blues and 9 times out of 10 he would've taken the right option, a security point. Cue penalty, then mayhem. Ref was slapped which is a disgrace, but the end of the game was surreal. A truely wonderful day's football. Well done Dromore and commiserations to Ardboe. The best team lost, but that's the game.

never kickt a ball

Quote from: Any craic on October 18, 2009, 09:29:51 PM
http://www.vimeo.com/7131133link - penalty at the end! there's some video as well on the Armagh website.

The treatment of McCullagh before he takes the penalty leaves a lot to be desired. He remained calm throughout and took the penalty well. Watch the Ardboe number 6 carefully!