Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clarshack

Quote from: amongthebushes on September 07, 2009, 11:58:41 AM

they'll probably have to finish the championship first before having any playoffs. from what i saw of killeeshil yesterday they wont be far away when it comes to the championship.

Wont be helped by the fact that 3 players are flying back to NY on Wednesday to play for Tyrone NY in their championship match rather than play for Killeeshil against Gortin on Saturday!!

And if tyrone NY get beat, just one of them is coming back home to go to uni in Liverpool!

wtf were they doing in stewartstown yesterday then? ???

amongthebushes

Quote from: clarshack on September 07, 2009, 12:06:58 PM
Quote from: amongthebushes on September 07, 2009, 11:58:41 AM

they'll probably have to finish the championship first before having any playoffs. from what i saw of killeeshil yesterday they wont be far away when it comes to the championship.

Wont be helped by the fact that 3 players are flying back to NY on Wednesday to play for Tyrone NY in their championship match rather than play for Killeeshil against Gortin on Saturday!!

And if tyrone NY get beat, just one of them is coming back home to go to uni in Liverpool!

wtf were they doing in stewartstown yesterday then? ???

Im not sure what way the NY transfers work. Johnny Murtagh from crossmaglen was also home for the cross match on saturday and came on as a sub and is also flying back to NY on Wednesday.

Wee Roddy

Does anyone think that this years championship is the most open in years? Every team left in it has realistic chances, depending on the draw off course, to get to the final.
Our own lads are stuttering and stammering through games at the minute and there are huge problems in our forward line. I did not get to Kildress on Saturday but Kildress cleaned them out in the middle third with only 2 players out of 8 winning their own battles. The enigma that is Ronan McNally continues to search for form and I think Carmens title aspirations do depend on him with his brother Kevin missing.
Errigal are getting Dromore at the right time. The blues are bound to be a little disjointed with 3 men to slot back in again but if Dromore win they will take a lot of beating. A lot depends on the fitness of Enda McGinley in this one. If he is fit then Errigal may well pip[ them but I reckon they will be back in Carrickmore for a second time to sort this one!
By all accounts Galbally are flying at the minute. In Paul Rafferty they have a player who can almost win a game on his own. They have a no nonsense defence and if they can break even in the middle sector it could go to the wire. Killyclogher have the talent but on the big days they rely to much on the Meenans and if Leo in particular can be marshalled they struggle at times. However I think Killycloghers desire and will to win will be enough to get the result.
Ardboe and Omagh has the potential to be a classic. There is probably more raw talent on show in this game than any other in Tyrone and maybe further this weekend. The McGuigans, Coney, Gavin Teague, John McConville versus the McMahons Conor ODonnell, Jason McAnulla, Dean ONeill. It is one to wet the appetite. I think this will be another draw with Ardboe shadding the replay.
So let the club scene get back to centre stag and see what men will be men and get to the semi of the championship in what will be mucky wet fields.

Bonkers09

The prospect of a Omagh Killyclogher semi final is mouth watering!

Tommo2

K'clogher v Galbally - Galbally on the basis of their win at the weekend.
Carmen v Trillick - Carmen will be too strong as Trillick are struggling. Carmen may struggle in the semi's to get scores without McNally. Mind you, never write off carmen.
Errigal v Dromore - Dromore are very experienced at this stage and may muscle Errigal out of it.
Omaghh v Ardboe - Draw. Nothing between the 2 teams.

Prospect of some great semi-final pairings:

Oma v K'clogher
Trillick v Dromore
Carmen v Errigal

kicking king

relegation battle from division 1 very tight after weekends games.  Kildress unlucky not to get at the very least a draw against carmen and aghyran getting a point in the moy (apparently due to some dubious refereeing).  Fancy kildress to beat coalisland at home in last game but the question is will Omagh be motivated to beat aghyran or will there be points "thrown".  Hopefully not but its looking like a playoff between kildress and aghyran.

orangeman

Tyrone CCC release details of Proposed 2010 Club Championship

The Tyrone CCC this week released draft proposals for a Championship Qualifier system in 2010 championship.  The Chairman and Secretary from each club will have an opportunity to debate the proposals at the CCC Meeting on which will now be held on Tuesday 29th September.  Please note the new date for this meeting. 

The draw would work along the following example ...

First Round Qualifiers - 8 losing teams from Rd 1
These games would take place on the same weekend as the Quarter Finals.  In 2009 these teams included Loughmacrory, Eglish, Aghyaran
Clonoe, Coalisland, Kildress, Moy and Donaghmore. These teams are drawn against each other to produce 4 ties. 

Second Round Qualifiers
This round is made up of the four winners of the Round 1 qualifers and the beaten quarter finalists.

Championship Quarter Finals
The team who qualify through the direct route now have a home game against a team who came through the qualifiers.  They will also not have to play Championship football three consecutive weeks.

The system can only work if clubs retain the starred games that was in operation throughout the 2009 season.

Clubs are asked to debate the proposals over the next three weeks and come to the meeting on Tuesday 29th September with a mandate to vote for or against the recommendation. 

All Clubs should note that the PR/Marketing committee and County Management will also be present to inform clubs about the Garvaghey Patrons Scheme which was endorsed by club delegates at the July County Committee meeting.

botman

Had the pleasure of watching Moy and Aghayarn at the w/end - Draw.

The ref Kerlin from Clan na Gael was an absolute disgrace and clearly biased in favour of Aghayarn. Did Moy do something on him? Very poor indeed. Have to say if Moy had of been beaten he prob wouldn't have got out alive.

I'm not from Moy btw.

Keep them at it.

EC Unique

Quote from: Wee Roddy on September 07, 2009, 12:19:56 PM
Does anyone think that this years championship is the most open in years? Every team left in it has realistic chances, depending on the draw off course, to get to the final.
Our own lads are stuttering and stammering through games at the minute and there are huge problems in our forward line. I did not get to Kildress on Saturday but Kildress cleaned them out in the middle third with only 2 players out of 8 winning their own battles. The enigma that is Ronan McNally continues to search for form and I think Carmens title aspirations do depend on him with his brother Kevin missing.
Errigal are getting Dromore at the right time. The blues are bound to be a little disjointed with 3 men to slot back in again but if Dromore win they will take a lot of beating. A lot depends on the fitness of Enda McGinley in this one. If he is fit then Errigal may well pip[ them but I reckon they will be back in Carrickmore for a second time to sort this one!
By all accounts Galbally are flying at the minute. In Paul Rafferty they have a player who can almost win a game on his own. They have a no nonsense defence and if they can break even in the middle sector it could go to the wire. Killyclogher have the talent but on the big days they rely to much on the Meenans and if Leo in particular can be marshalled they struggle at times. However I think Killycloghers desire and will to win will be enough to get the result.
Ardboe and Omagh has the potential to be a classic. There is probably more raw talent on show in this game than any other in Tyrone and maybe further this weekend. The McGuigans, Coney, Gavin Teague, John McConville versus the McMahons Conor ODonnell, Jason McAnulla, Dean ONeill. It is one to wet the appetite. I think this will be another draw with Ardboe shadding the replay.
So let the club scene get back to centre stag and see what men will be men and get to the semi of the championship in what will be mucky wet fields.

Good stuff wee Roddy apart from the mucky wet fields. Good day today with tomorrow to be wet. After that it is to be good weather right into next week with 18 - 20 degrees and dry so hopefully the pitches will be fine.

randomtask

Quote from: Bonkers09 on September 07, 2009, 12:27:56 PM
The prospect of a Omagh Killyclogher semi final is mouth watering!

you got that right, would be some grudge match especially after killyclogher beating omagh in the league, words cannot describe how much club pride that would be at stake.

on another note, i think dromore will dispose of a less experinces and less talented errigal ciaran side. i think alot of talk of errigal is un warranted (i am aware they are top of the league) i just think that full forward and full back line arent up to scratch

Tyrone Dreamer

Quote from: orangeman on September 07, 2009, 01:30:54 PM
Tyrone CCC release details of Proposed 2010 Club Championship

The Tyrone CCC this week released draft proposals for a Championship Qualifier system in 2010 championship.  The Chairman and Secretary from each club will have an opportunity to debate the proposals at the CCC Meeting on which will now be held on Tuesday 29th September.  Please note the new date for this meeting. 

The draw would work along the following example ...

First Round Qualifiers - 8 losing teams from Rd 1
These games would take place on the same weekend as the Quarter Finals.  In 2009 these teams included Loughmacrory, Eglish, Aghyaran
Clonoe, Coalisland, Kildress, Moy and Donaghmore. These teams are drawn against each other to produce 4 ties. 

Second Round Qualifiers
This round is made up of the four winners of the Round 1 qualifers and the beaten quarter finalists.

Championship Quarter Finals
The team who qualify through the direct route now have a home game against a team who came through the qualifiers.  They will also not have to play Championship football three consecutive weeks.

The system can only work if clubs retain the starred games that was in operation throughout the 2009 season.

Clubs are asked to debate the proposals over the next three weeks and come to the meeting on Tuesday 29th September with a mandate to vote for or against the recommendation. 

All Clubs should note that the PR/Marketing committee and County Management will also be present to inform clubs about the Garvaghey Patrons Scheme which was endorsed by club delegates at the July County Committee meeting.

Does anyone else think a back door system would be crap? The first round games will effectively be meaningless. If anything you'd be safer losing and getting into the easier draw with the losers. Cant see it helping revenue much as neutrals will hardly go to watch matches that dont really matter. They would far safer getting rid of the starred league games and making all the league games decent.

Redhand Santa

Quote from: botman on September 07, 2009, 01:58:04 PM

The ref Kerlin from Clan na Gael was an absolute disgrace and clearly biased in favour of Aghayarn. Did Moy do something on him? Very poor indeed. Have to say if Moy had of been beaten he prob wouldn't have got out alive.

I'm not from Moy btw.

Digraceful refereeing alright. He did whatever he could including playing 5 + minutes at end and giving Aghayarn at least 3 soft scoreable free's in a row til they drew level. Was going to play longer only the Moy won the ball in midfield and looked like going on the attack.

KIDDO 4

Omagh 0.13 ,Dungannon 1.8,  grade 1 u16  quarter final at Healy Park tonight.

kicking king

Quote from: Redhand Santa on September 07, 2009, 08:44:23 PM
Quote from: botman on September 07, 2009, 01:58:04 PM

I'm not from Moy btw.

Digraceful refereeing alright. He did whatever he could including playing 5 + minutes at end and giving Aghayarn at least 3 soft scoreable free's in a row til they drew level. Was going to play longer only the Moy won the ball in midfield and looked like going on the attack.

This seems to be happening more and more...referees in essence deciding the outcome of games.  So frustrating for players to works their balls off all week in training only for some a**hole on a power trip to decide what way their match is gonna finish

Mr. Nakata

I watched a very entertaining league game between Omagh and Dromore earlier in the summer. The ref must've played 6 or 7 minutes at the end ensuring Omagh got the draw. I think the ref's decisions earlier in the game favoured the big ridge and with a baying crowd, he saw it in his powers to maybe even those decisions up. I agree this is becoming much more prominent. On the other hand in a recent league game between Killyclogher and Omagh, the lillywhites were 4 adrift in the last minute. Incredibly they scored a goal and a point to even it up. I think 9 refs out of 10 would've blown full time. Not the bould Francie though. He let play continue giving Killyclogher 1 more attack to get the winning score. I can have no complaints though. Omagh were diabolical that day.