Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DCR

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on July 03, 2009, 11:16:00 PM
Quote from: DCR on July 03, 2009, 10:49:36 PM
So imagine if Kyle Coney, or Peter Harte played junior football and were injured for the Junior Championship. You'd have them in the div 3 reserve championship. Would that be a mis match.

This rule was brought in a number of years ago when Declan McCrossan played in the reserve Cship, and a number of clubs raised objections.

You could also imagine if Sean Cavanagh or Brian Dooher played Junior football - get a grip man. And I didn't realise that Kyle Coney and Peter Harte were minors this year. Were they injured for the Armagh game?

Welcome to the board DCR. I don't need to imagine if Brian Dooher played junior football... he already has. I didn't say that KC and PH were minors this year. I was refering to last year, and the fact that they were probably the strongest individuals in that squad.

Thanks for the Welcome Norf Tyrone; nice to meet someone with good manners.  However I am still struggling to understand the point that you are making about last year's minors but that is probably my fault. Anyway the question I have asked is "Is this ruling a National one or just something confined to Tyrone"?.

orangeman

Quote from: EC Unique on July 04, 2009, 09:32:50 AM
Quote from: ceol agus peil on July 03, 2009, 09:44:43 PM
Ft
dromore 0-8
C'island 0-6
what does ec unique think on the matter?

Was at the game.

I thought the standard of play was poor especially in both forward lines. Coalisland will really be kicking themselves as Dromore were there for the taking and only for some very poor shooting and decision making up front they could have won.

If Errigal were playing Dromore next week in the Championship I would be confident of a win, but they are not and God only knows when it will happen. Dromore need to and will will improve and it should be a great contest.

What did people think of Dunmoyle and is there anything that should have been done different from our point of view?
[/b]

Deady set up but could you get Barretts to do a new road from the roundabout straight to the pitch - make it a dedicated road solely for use of GAA match traffic. Access is poor.

EC Unique

The one aspect out of our control :-\ 

DCR

Ft
dromore 0-8
C'island 0-6

Was at the game.

I thought the standard of play was poor especially in both forward lines. Coalisland will really be kicking themselves as Dromore were there for the taking and only for some very poor shooting and decision making up front they could have won.

If Errigal were playing Dromore next week in the Championship I would be confident of a win, but they are not and God only knows when it will happen. Dromore need to and will will improve and it should be a great contest.

What did people think of Dunmoyle and is there anything that should have been done different from our point of view?

Agree with EC. Two poor games but two deserving winners.
Thought that facilities and organisation were excellent but a pity about the access. And I realise that EVEN Errigal Ciaran can't arrange the weather which ruined the last 10 minutes for players and spectators alike.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: DCR on July 04, 2009, 09:36:21 AM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on July 03, 2009, 11:16:00 PM
Quote from: DCR on July 03, 2009, 10:49:36 PM
So imagine if Kyle Coney, or Peter Harte played junior football and were injured for the Junior Championship. You'd have them in the div 3 reserve championship. Would that be a mis match.

This rule was brought in a number of years ago when Declan McCrossan played in the reserve Cship, and a number of clubs raised objections.

You could also imagine if Sean Cavanagh or Brian Dooher played Junior football - get a grip man. And I didn't realise that Kyle Coney and Peter Harte were minors this year. Were they injured for the Armagh game?

Welcome to the board DCR. I don't need to imagine if Brian Dooher played junior football... he already has. I didn't say that KC and PH were minors this year. I was refering to last year, and the fact that they were probably the strongest individuals in that squad.

Thanks for the Welcome Norf Tyrone; nice to meet someone with good manners.  However I am still struggling to understand the point that you are making about last year's minors but that is probably my fault. Anyway the question I have asked is "Is this ruling a National one or just something confined to Tyrone"?.

Well I suppose my point is that I agree with the Tyrone ruling (To an extent), but it could be watered somehow.

I think the ruling is not a national one, but maybe there are other counties that use it.

Also you say that EC can't control the weather. Surely the can with god on their side.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

blewuporstuffed

Ft
dromore 0-8
C'island 0-6

Was at the game.

would agree with that, although dromore were slightly the better side.good at the back but looked a bit toothless up front.snowy is a shadow of the player that won the championship with them.colm donnolly, collins and sean oniell were good for dromore coalislands defence were all decent and kane wasnt bad up front.
peter donnolly very lucky to stay on the feild and Kerr rightly sent off, but poor game overall
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Rocky Mc Guigan

Donnelly at least 2 punches to the head-what was the linesman looking at- both got yellows- bit of a mystery

Zapatista

Was at the game.

Don't agree with your opinion on the match there EC as I thought both defeneces were on top starting from both number 1s. However, I'm not a neuteral so won't argue about it. If anyone wanting to see the (supposedly) lost art of high fielding there was a good show of it at that match

I liked Dunmoyle. Access could have been a problem but I think it was well controlled and fair play to the organisers. I've had bigger delays in Omagh. Could have done without the ambush for half time draws tickets though. There must have been 6 sellers standing 3 yards the otherside of a 3 yards wide entrance.  I would always buy one but would like the option. Ye are famous for yer fund raising though and it looks like it's well spent.

BTW I got there alright, cheers.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Rocky Mc Guigan on July 04, 2009, 10:33:56 AM
Donnelly at least 2 punches to the head-what was the linesman looking at- both got yellows- bit of a mystery
yeah couldnt believe he stayed on,collins looked inocent to me, thought that i musta missed a punch by he but apartley he didnt throw one!
hate this crap from referees were they just hand out a yellow each, if one man strikes, send him off!
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Whats it all about

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on July 04, 2009, 10:57:12 AM
yeah couldnt believe he stayed on,collins looked inocent to me, thought that i musta missed a punch by he but apartley he didnt throw one!
hate this crap from referees were they just hand out a yellow each, if one man strikes, send him off!

On closer investigation you will find mr collins was not punching but gouging the lower regions ricey must have taught him lol plus mc namee did well he blew very little but did so for both teams

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Whats it all about on July 04, 2009, 11:11:17 AM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on July 04, 2009, 10:57:12 AM

On closer investigation you will find mr collins was not punching but gouging the lower regions ricey must have taught him lol plus mc namee did well he blew very little but did so for both teams
didnt see him throw a punch,thats why i said he looked innocent but thought he musta done something to get that reaction from donnelly.
agree with you about mcnamee, thought he was good overall, and prob one of our best referees, just hate when 2 players get involved like that referees generally just throw out 2 yellows regardless of who was to blame or what he saw.

EC Unique

Quote from: Zapatista on July 04, 2009, 10:34:28 AM

Was at the game.

Don't agree with your opinion on the match there EC as I thought both defeneces were on top starting from both number 1s. However, I'm not a neuteral so won't argue about it. If anyone wanting to see the (supposedly) lost art of high fielding there was a good show of it at that match

I liked Dunmoyle. Access could have been a problem but I think it was well controlled and fair play to the organisers. I've had bigger delays in Omagh. Could have done without the ambush for half time draws tickets though. There must have been 6 sellers standing 3 yards the otherside of a 3 yards wide entrance.  I would always buy one but would like the option. Ye are famous for yer fund raising though and it looks like it's well spent.

BTW I got there alright, cheers.

I agree that defences were good Zap but some of the shooting from both teams was sub standard. On a few occasions Coalisland went for a goal when a fisted point was on and they missed a few very scorable frees. Adding these chances up they could have done better. I also remember Young O'Niell at 14 for you missing a few easy enough chances. All in all for Dromore it is good to be through but I think you would need to up your game if the boy with the lugs is to reside with you.

tyrone86

Quote from: Zapatista on July 04, 2009, 07:21:50 AM
I thought Dromore & Coalisland played a good game of football. Dromore really should have been futher ahead at half time. While there was only a point or two in it at times (and I was at the edge of my seat) Coalisland didn't look like they could win it without a lucky break. AS the rain poured down and it got much darker in the last 15 mins it made me more nervous.

With the exception of Red Sean Dromores county lads were relatively quiet with Colm Donnelly and Barry Collins (my MOTM) in great form. Curran and Ward in both sets of goals had good games too.

Tyrone 86 - I think it was P Donnelly and B Collins (rather than S McMahon) who were lucky to stay on the field.

Different incident, McMahon threw a punch more or less right in front of McNamee about 5 minutes after the Donnelly incident. I thought Collins was hard done by with the yellow in that altercation with Donnelly, Collins wouldn't be renowned for dirty play so I'll take the gouging allegations with a pinch of salt. Not to be critical of McNamee, I did think Dromore got their frees handier than the Island.

laceer

tyroneboi

Quote from: laceer on July 04, 2009, 02:08:37 PM
How'd Edendork Moortown go?

Moortown won by 4. Play Greencastle in the next round.