Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longball

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on July 03, 2009, 03:27:42 PM
Quote from: orangeman on July 03, 2009, 03:12:27 PM
Quote from: longball on July 03, 2009, 03:05:47 PM
Quote from: orangeman on July 03, 2009, 03:02:21 PM
Having county minor on board or an under 21 player on board a reserve team would be a major boost to any reserve side.

Under 21s can be over in Match / April - reserve championships don't start till June at least.

Doesn't make sense -  sounds like signing up to a rule just for the sake of it.

They proberly thought that the county minors would do better than they did, thus made the ruling. But due to poor management the county minors exited in the first round, this rule should now be overturned.

The minors were a pale shodow of the team they had last year and I can't honestly see how / why management can be blamed for their exit.

Maybe I'm wrong but only my opinion.

I agree. Last years team were something special. A bit like the 97/98 minor team that came through. The management can't be blamed if the same talent isn't there year after year.

We have already had this discussion on this thread a number of pages back. There was a lot of talent in this years minor panel but a LOT of the players were plaed out of positions. Known forwards being played corner back etc go back and read it.
Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0

orangeman

Quote from: longball on July 03, 2009, 03:30:16 PM
Quote from: Archie Mitchell on July 03, 2009, 03:27:42 PM
Quote from: orangeman on July 03, 2009, 03:12:27 PM
Quote from: longball on July 03, 2009, 03:05:47 PM
Quote from: orangeman on July 03, 2009, 03:02:21 PM
Having county minor on board or an under 21 player on board a reserve team would be a major boost to any reserve side.

Under 21s can be over in Match / April - reserve championships don't start till June at least.

Doesn't make sense -  sounds like signing up to a rule just for the sake of it.

They proberly thought that the county minors would do better than they did, thus made the ruling. But due to poor management the county minors exited in the first round, this rule should now be overturned.

The minors were a pale shodow of the team they had last year and I can't honestly see how / why management can be blamed for their exit.

Maybe I'm wrong but only my opinion.

I agree. Last years team were something special. A bit like the 97/98 minor team that came through. The management can't be blamed if the same talent isn't there year after year.

We have already had this discussion on this thread a number of pages back. There was a lot of talent in this years minor panel but a LOT of the players were plaed out of positions. Known forwards being played corner back etc go back and read it.

1   Niall Morgan   Edendork
2   Shea McGarrity   Cookstown
3   Ronan McNamee   Aghyaran
4   Declan Connolly   Augher
5   Colin Hicks                   Glenelly
6   Danny Gorman   Killyclogher
7   Tiernan McCann   Killyclogher
8   Sean Warnock   Greencastle
9   Mark Faloon   Donaghmore
10   Liam Gervin                   Derrylaughan
11   Barry Tierney   Omagh
12   Brian McGarvey   Gortin
13   Niall Gavin                   Derrytresk
14   Ronan O'Neill   Omagh
15   John McCullagh   Greencastle

Out of interest, how many corner backs were there playing forwards on this team ?

longball

I said known FORWARDS playing as CORNER BACKS.

At least 50% of the corner backs play forwards for their club. Declan Connolly either plays WHF or CF for Augher
Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0

DCR

I would have thought that one of the key objectives of Reserve Football is to develop younger players (including County Minors) who are not yet able to hold down a place particularly at strong Senior Clubs, (as opposed to auld fellows who are on the downward slope). Is this a National Ruling or just another Tyrone anomaly by so called "do gooders." Also not much chance of "burnout" for any of the Tyrone minor squad this year (Unfortunately)

Norf Tyrone

So imagine if Kyle Coney, or Peter Harte played junior football and were injured for the Junior Championship. You'd have them in the div 3 reserve championship. Would that be a mis match.

This rule was brought in a number of years ago when Declan McCrossan played in the reserve Cship, and a number of clubs raised objections.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Rocky Mc Guigan

Anyone with latest on first game at Dunmoyle-must be nearly half time

ceol agus peil

HT
Coalisland 0-3
dromore 0-4
Dromore dominated the first half but coalisland chipped in with 3 scores and missed a relatively straight forward free at the end of the half that could have levelled the game. The referee is steven mc namee. Dromore are playing in yellow.
Sent from my iphone

ziggysego

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on July 03, 2009, 08:36:01 PM
Quote from: Rocky Mc Guigan on July 03, 2009, 07:11:58 PM
Anyone with latest on first game at Dunmoyle-must be nearly half time
Full-time: Moortown 1-12 Edendork 0-11.

Big test for Greencastle.
Testing Accessibility

brougherboy

littleoak

going back a page on the board about the rock protesting about an illegal player have it on good authority they did just that and it was liam gervin who was playing he scored 2-6 and is only 16 !!!!!!!!!!What a stupid rule to start with and an even more pathtic club for doing the above.

ceol agus peil

Ft
dromore 0-8
C'island 0-6
what does ec unique think on the matter?
Sent from my iphone

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: littleoak on July 03, 2009, 09:44:02 PM
going back a page on the board about the rock protesting about an illegal player have it on good authority they did just that and it was liam gervin who was playing he scored 2-6 and is only 16 !!!!!!!!!!What a stupid rule to start with and an even more pathtic club for doing the above.

Rules are rules.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Rocky Mc Guigan

Quote from: littleoak on July 03, 2009, 09:44:02 PM

Ciaran Gervin is the lad who played for minors(not a 16 year old called Liam)- I take it Little Oak has got the wires crossed a little bit-

littleoak

Rocky lad i think youll find there are no crossed wires Ciaran was a county minor last year Liam IS the player in question and was he who played county minor this year it reminds me of cavan gaels objecting to young bell playing in the ulster minor final at 15 and cavan gaels protesting due to him being to young . Still think its a low action of the rock club , am sure the lough shore men will love them for it :'( all you other intermediate clubs dont be playing any lads of 16 against the rock now ;)

Radioulster

are you from washingbay littleoak? heard a rumour that your manager has left? is it another of those nonsense stories as I imagine it is