Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Final Whistle

Moy beat Trillick yesterday in a rematch of the intermediate final with the sky blues in determined mood not to let it slip through their fingers again. Moy raced to a 3 point lead and never really looked back as they refused to surrender the lead. The game was played in a physical hard hitting manner but unlike that day in carrickmore it was trillick who left the shooting boots behind. Stunning Moy goal with sean cavanagh supplying the ammuinition for colm cavanagh to rise above three red defenders to flick onto subsitute kris kavanagh who squared for Ryan O'Neill to get the all important goal. Que celebrations of relief at Pairc Tir naN-Og. Moy were reduced to 13 men towards the end at Tommy McNicholl and Ryan Mellon both picked up clumsy second yellow cards. Sean Cavanagh collected the cup took the oppertunity to wish Trillick all the best in the up coming all-ireland series. A gracious Trillick and their supporters stayed on to applaude the two best teams in division 2 and were an example to all.

Moy succeeded in their primary objective for 2008, promotion is secured. Dromore, clonoe, Errigal and Carrickmore make some more room up there the Tir naN-Ogs and St.Macartans are back!!! :) :) :)

Goats Do Shave

I didn't feel the result was ever in doubt, but the goal definately killed off the comeback!

Great travelling support from Trillick by the way!

How did the celebrations go FW?

Final Whistle

Definitely over goats, pre season starts tonight!! ;)

orangeman

Quote from: Final Whistle on December 15, 2008, 08:58:59 AM
Definitely over goats, pre season starts tonight!! ;)

Mattie is starting early then.  ;) ;)

Take a break - you deserve it !

Final Whistle

possible to now say that the leagues are correctly rebalanced?

maybe cookstown will be argueing against that but its not far away from the finished article.

Fuzzman

Excuse my ignorance lads but is it only 2 that get promoted from Div 2 then?
So even if the Clanns beat Trillick and come 2nd they still dont go up?

Fuzzman

Will be interested having the Clanns meeting Strabane next year

With Urney, Gortin and Greencastle all in Div 2 next year there will be quite a few derby matches.

Hopefully Stevie doesn't suffer any more major injuries next year

Final Whistle

Clanns are going to have spend another year in intermediate. Not that they deserve to, they were consistently the best team in the division and should be commended for their efforts. i enjoyed division 2 this year, yes it dragged on but there was a lot of good football played.

stewartstown are on the right track and i can see a three way battle for the top spot with them cookstown and rejuvenated gortin with clanns there ot there abouts also.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Fuzzman on December 15, 2008, 11:22:43 AM
Will be interested having the Clanns meeting Strabane next year

That's one way of spinning it Fuzzman  ;)

Commiserations on missing the Div 1 boat.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Maximus Marillius

I have heard that brian Mc Ivor is to be Dromores new manager.

tyrone86

Quote from: Maximus Marillius on December 15, 2008, 03:41:54 PM
I have heard that brian Mc Ivor is to be Dromores new manager.

Quite a coup for Dromore, I suspect Ryan Porter played a major role in making it happen

Wee Roddy

I know another Tyrone club who think they have obtained the sevices of Brian. The rumour mill is in full swing already.

clarshack

Quote from: bigfrank on December 12, 2008, 11:40:05 PM
New players on tyrone panel:

Gareth devlin
Aidan Cassidy
Jason Mc Anulla
Conor O Donnell
Colm Doris
Ryan T O neill
Niall Mc Ginn eskra

is this official?

midnightcaller

Anybody hear the rumour about Rafferty and Errigal.... Was it to good to be true?

tyrone86

As an infrequent visitor to the Moy, can anyone inform me where the Moy Inn is?