Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rrhf

Heard strong rumour former Tyrone underage player Niall Mc Ginn has signed for Celtic. 

orangeman

Celtic step up chase for McGinn 

McGinn came on as a sub for Northern Ireland against Hungary
Celtic have made an offer for Derry City's highly-rated midfielder Niall McGinn and the deal is expected to go through within the next few days.
The Scottish champions had initially wanted the 21-year-old Northern Ireland international to undergo a trial period in Glasgow.

But Celtic have pursued their interest despite Derry refusing that request.

McGinn made his first appearance for his country in last month's 2-0 defeat by Hungary.

McGinn, who is also interesting Swansea City, was recently named young player of the year by the Professional Footballers' Association of Ireland.

And last week Derry City chairman Pat McDaid revealed that he had turned down Celtic's request to take McGinn on a week-long trial.  Niall has two years left on his contract, so we would be happy for him to stay at Derry City

Derry City chairman Pat McDaid

"I was surprised by Celtic's request in that Niall is a full-time player playing in a professional league and he has just been named young player of the year," said McDaid at the time.

"If any club wants him then they will have to make an offer.

"We have had a couple of offers from Championship clubs, but neither have met our valuation.

"There are no deadlines or anything like that. Niall has two years left on his contract, so we would be happy for him to stay at Derry City."

McGinn was recently in Swansea to watch the 2-2 draw in the south Wales derby with Cardiff City.

Celtic signed Pat McCourt from the Candystripes in June, but the winger has failed to make an impact in Glasgow.

The 24-year-old picked up a pre-season injury and has been restricted to two late appearances as a substitute.

under the bar

Good for him.  I hope he's a big success.

tyroneboi

Personally think its a bad move for McGinn. Would gladly eat humble pie but he is not as good as McGeady or Maloney.

bigfrank

New players on tyrone panel:

Gareth devlin
Aidan Cassidy
Jason Mc Anulla
Conor O Donnell
Colm Doris
Ryan T O neill
Niall Mc Ginn eskra

orangeman

Quote from: bigfrank on December 12, 2008, 11:40:05 PM

Gareth devlin
Aidan Cassidy
Jason Mc Anulla
Conor O Donnell
Colm Doris
Ryan T O neill
Niall Mc Ginn eskra

All very handy footballers indeed. Good luck to them all.

tyrone86

I hear Ryan Porter is helping Liam Donnelly with the Under 21s this year, only a rumour right enough but thats the story

tyrone86

Gareth devlin
Aidan Cassidy
Jason Mc Anulla
Conor O Donnell
Colm Doris
Ryan T O neill
Niall Mc Ginn eskra

Meh. Not a huge fan of O'Neill's  but he deserves a rattle. I do like McGinn and O'D, they're the lads likely to stick IC football. And they've balls. Mannies and Jasy are still U21 so long grass

Norf Tyrone

Always impressed by Gareth Devlin when I seen him.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

laceer

Gareth devlin
Aidan Cassidy
Jason Mc Anulla
Conor O Donnell
Colm Doris
Ryan T O neill
Niall Mc Ginn eskra
also
Pete McGahan from Killyman

orangeman

Good to see new blood being introduced - maybe it can drive the existing panel members on to greater things.

Tyrone Dreamer

Tyrone are the current All Ireland Champions, it doesnt get any greater than that!

I do agree though that fresh talent is needed to keep every one on their toes and push the existing players on. Will look forward to seeing the new players in the McKenna Cup. Has the panel definately been confirmed at this stage? Is any one apart from McCaul missing for next year?

Big Mickey

Gareth devlin
Aidan Cassidy
Jason Mc Anulla
Conor O Donnell
Colm Doris
Ryan T O neill
Niall Mc Ginn eskra

All handy footballers (though havent seen ur man from killyman play but heard good things about him).Going to go out on a limb here and say that i would expect cassidy and possibly devlin to make not only the championship squad but the team. i know its a long way away but cassidy is a class act,great footballer and a great pair of hands.dare i say it....sean cavanaghesque :o

healypark

Quote from: KIDDO 4 on December 08, 2008, 01:59:13 PM
SATURDAY 13 DECEMBER
TEAMTALK U18 FL Grade 1 Final 1 2:15PM (et if required)   
Omagh v Errigal Ciaran   in Loughmacrory

Congrats to the club's minors on beating Errigal on a scoreline of 1-8 to 1-6. This concludes a good year for an omaigh youth teams, winning 5 out of 7 Grade 1 finals. In addition, there's the Paul McGirr final next weekend.

OM good luck in the Ulster club minors. Still gutted from that day.  But as u proved games are won by playing to the death, which is something we probably learned from and helped to win the league final today. 

orangeman

Quote from: healypark on December 13, 2008, 08:20:34 PM
Quote from: KIDDO 4 on December 08, 2008, 01:59:13 PM
SATURDAY 13 DECEMBER
TEAMTALK U18 FL Grade 1 Final 1 2:15PM (et if required)   
Omagh v Errigal Ciaran   in Loughmacrory

Congrats to the club's minors on beating Errigal on a scoreline of 1-8 to 1-6. This concludes a good year for an omaigh youth teams, winning 5 out of 7 Grade 1 finals. In addition, there's the Paul McGirr final next weekend.

OM good luck in the Ulster club minors. Still gutted from that day.  But as u proved games are won by playing to the death, which is something we probably learned from and helped to win the league final today. 

Cheers and well done - it's would have been doubly gutting had you lost today - you've got a great side there. Errigal are a fantastic side as well and they'll be disappointed not to have taken something out the season.