Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KIDDO 4

League winners first past the post , bottom 2 teams demoted to intermediate.

snappiered

Does third from bottom of Senior not play 2nd placed team in intermediate league?

tyrone86

Quote from: snappiered on May 20, 2008, 01:25:26 PM
Does third from bottom of Senior not play 2nd placed team in intermediate league?

I'm 99% sure they don't - I don't remember any provision for playoffs in the document at the time, but I don't have it saved on the computer either so I can't check for you.

ONeill

Very quiet on here regarding the Cookstown incident, given its possible far-reaching consequences. Any news on this?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Wolfe Kevin Toner

Ask not what your club can do for you.

Zapatista

Yeah it sounds like mugsy had one curry to many and might not be about for the Down game. We are all witing to see if what type of cure he can get for 'the runs' ;)

ziggysego

BBC are reporting he could be out for a month and not 6 months as reported here. Plus the club ban will also affect county football.
Testing Accessibility

tyrone86

Quote from: ziggysego on May 20, 2008, 02:09:33 PM
BBC are reporting he could be out for a month and not 6 months as reported here. Plus the club ban will also affect county football.

There's no suspension under 12 weeks that will bar you from club AND county action.

orangeman

Owen Mulligan could miss Tyrone's Ulster SFC opener next month after being sent off in a club game.

Mulligan, who was a concern for the Red Hands due to a hamstring injury, was shown a straight red card after his comeback game for Cookstown had ended.

The forward faces an anxious wait to discover whether the referee reports him for an offence which would rule him out of both club and county football.

I think it was all a misunderstanding - Cookstown have requested an appeal which is being heard tonight - there witnesses to say that the incident didn't happen at all and it was another case of mistaken identity.

clarshack

Quote from: tyrone86 on May 20, 2008, 01:34:16 PM
Quote from: snappiered on May 20, 2008, 01:25:26 PM

I'm 99% sure they don't - I don't remember any provision for playoffs in the document at the time, but I don't have it saved on the computer either so I can't check for you.

pretty sure there isnt a promotion/relegation playoff this year but there should be some sort of reward for finishing 2nd i.e a chance against 3rd from bottom in the league above. they reverted back to the old system but forgot one of the ingredients. they'll probably end up bringing it back next year. when this system was in place years ago 12 points was good enough to avoid relegation about 95% of the time - dont remember anyone ever being relegated on 13 points. also with 3rd from bottom seemingly safe this year i would say 10 points would be the magic number - in division 2 anyway. i'll take a point in the moy!

rrhf

Is it just the teethcutting season?

orangeman

Mulligan faces anxious wait

Owen Mulligan
20 May 2008

Owen Mulligan is in danger of missing Tyrone's Ulster SFC first round clash with Down on June 8 after being sent off in a club game at the weekend.

The powerful attacker was issued with a straight red card during Cookstown's 0-11 to 1-11 league defeat to Aghyaran. It was his first appearance for club or county since he tore his hamstring in Tyrone's NFL win over Laois over two months ago.

Mulligan must now wait to find out if he is reported for a category A offence which would rule him out of county action as well as club games.

If he is suspended for the Down game, it will surely increase pressure on Stephen O'Neill to come out of retirement.

How do they work this one out ???

feetofflames

orangeman with your experience would you deem that being an obvious manipulation of the media by someone with a vested interest or just shi@@ talk by the journalist.  Is there somebody behind all these bizarre statements aboiut a man who has hardly kicked a ball this year.  I find it all very puzzling. 
Chief Wiggum

Zapatista

Quote from: orangeman on May 20, 2008, 04:24:45 PM

Owen Mulligan
20 May 2008

Owen Mulligan is in danger of missing Tyrone's Ulster SFC first round clash with Down on June 8 after being sent off in a club game at the weekend.

The powerful attacker was issued with a straight red card during Cookstown's 0-11 to 1-11 league defeat to Aghyaran. It was his first appearance for club or county since he tore his hamstring in Tyrone's NFL win over Laois over two months ago.

Mulligan must now wait to find out if he is reported for a category A offence which would rule him out of county action as well as club games.

If he is suspended for the Down game, it will surely increase pressure on Stephen O'Neill to come out of retirement.

Who wrote that OM? I heard on news talk this morning in there main sports news that Ricey will be fit. I knew he went of injured but I didn't think he was in danger of not being fit to play against Down. Why would they make a big deal about it or am I missing something?

orangeman

Quote from: Zapatista on May 20, 2008, 04:30:34 PM
Quote from: orangeman on May 20, 2008, 04:24:45 PM

Owen Mulligan
20 May 2008

Who wrote that OM? I heard on news talk this morning in there main sports news that Ricey will be fit. I knew he went of injured but I didn't think he was in danger of not being fit to play against Down. Why would they make a big deal about it or am I missing something?

It was on the Hoganstand Tyrone homepage - I just can't believe that ! How would / could you connect the two ? Pure media manipulation IMO !