Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zapatista

Can't argue with any of that FOF other than the opening. Anohter Killyman man might have told te different.

glencullrule

we played killyman and they looked like when they get confidence theyl be a better team. they didnt want to come up but had to so give them a break. i dont think dromore will win it, watched carmen on sunday and there sharp who beat a fast clonoe team. we would have liked to get a game with kildress to try other players and positions. killyman never scored against carmen because carmen have excellent defence

feetofflames

I totally agree - I havent seen them this year yet, but Ive heard that at the end of last season Killyman were a division 3 club in all but the championship win, with their experinces this year I have no doubt that they will be a very competitive division 2 club next year and will be back in division1 shortly.  Their guys are a credit to their club and their parish when you see the cut of their more illustriouos neighbours.   
Chief Wiggum

orangeman

Quote from: glencullrule on May 20, 2008, 10:35:42 AM
we played killyman and they looked like when they get confidence theyl be a better team. they didnt want to come up but had to so give them a break. i dont think dromore will win it, watched carmen on sunday and there sharp who beat a fast clonoe team. we would have liked to get a game with kildress to try other players and positions. killyman never scored against carmen because carmen have excellent defence

I think this is what will win the championship and league for Carmen - they simply don't concede mnay points and very few goals.

feetofflames

Ornageman - I think both teams will win 1 each, I dont think the samne team will win both - brave prediction - Would you be happy enough to assess Ardbvoe like that.  Feel free to add your own assessments.
Chief Wiggum

orangeman

Quote from: feetofflames on May 20, 2008, 10:44:51 AM
Ornageman - I think both teams will win 1 each, I dont think the samne team will win both - brave prediction - Would you be happy enough to assess Ardbvoe like that.  Feel free to add your own assessments.

Carrickmore just seem to me to have more to prove as Kiddo has pointed out in a funny sense. Ardboe were beat on Sunday night by Coalisland at home and we would need a lot of luck to make any progress.

Eglish seem to be putting it up to a lot of teams and but for bad luck they would have had more points than they do have at this stage.

Killyman have improved from every outing this season - credit to them.

Errigal see to have found a groove now - perhaps they've found a settled team after a few different permutations.

Clonoe defintely are the surprise packet - they have a swagger about them and seem to have found real confidence after taking full points in the first 4 outings. People said they were lucky to beat Carmen last year, but I hear Clonoe really put Carmen to the pin of their collar on Sunday.

As you say Omagh can play a bit and will at least give Dromore a game in the championship.

Donaghmore are fiding their feet after a poor start - new management brought in who seem to have steadied the ship - Mc Ginn was a massive loss.

All in all, it will be an exciting league and championship - the one round league with 15 games is by far a better product.

snappiered

Feet of Flames have a wee look at your list there again. I think there may be 16 teams in Division 1. I know we mighten be going that well but we are still in Senior.

feetofflames

Prediction: Dromore
Potentai lfinalists: Carmen, Errigal Ciaran, - these three are all capable teams
Next tier: Clonoe Coalisland, Killyclogher, Ardboe, Omagh - these teams have championship know how and can deliver if their form and momentum gathers.
Next tier: Donaghmore, Aghyaran, Kildress, Cookstown, Galbally, Loughmacrory No real championship form or pedigree but onm their day can beat anyone
Final tier: Eglish Killyman - Two young improving sides for whom satying up would be a success -thats not knocking them at all.. Id love to see it.    
Any comments?
Chief Wiggum

feetofflames

Oh dear ive done a poo poo
Chief Wiggum

orangeman

Quote from: snappiered on May 20, 2008, 10:57:17 AM
Feet of Flames have a wee look at your list there again. I think there may be 16 teams in Division 1. I know we mighten be going that well but we are still in Senior.

Oops !!!  ;)

feetofflames

Total apologies sir
Loughmacrory - would Id imagine fit in somewhere just above the bottom 2  ;). In fairness - I always thought Ronan Ward looked county capable particulalry when we have little options.  How is Mc Gee playing for you this year and Ciaran Meenagh? Id include them alonmgside the third tier group and apolgies foir their ommission, a good gritty wee team just ggod enough to stay up. 
Chief Wiggum

orangeman

Quote from: feetofflames on May 20, 2008, 11:07:35 AM
Total apologies sir
Loughmacrory - would Id imagine fit in somewhere just above the bottom 2  ;). In fairness - I always thought Ronan Ward looked county capable particulalry when we have little options.  How is Mc Gee playing for you this year and Ciaran Meenagh? Id include them alonmgside the third tier group and apolgies foir their ommission, a good gritty wee team just ggod enough to stay up. 
[/b]

Just on that point - how many points would keep you up this year ???

6 ??

8 ??

It used to be that you would have needed 12 at least - but this year you won't need anything like 12.

feetofflames

I feel 6 points could  well be enough this year. 
Chief Wiggum

orangeman

Quote from: feetofflames on May 20, 2008, 11:12:03 AM
I feel 6 points could  well be enough this year. 

We're safe then on 8 !  ;) ;D

amigo

Boys this year does third from bottom Div 1 play third from top Div 2 in a playoff or is it just a straight two up two down scenario ?