Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

Quote from: tyrone86 on January 22, 2008, 11:06:44 PM
Wouldn't it be non Irish Nationals Ziggy  :P

Smart arse!  :D

I still think who I think you are. Just admit it!  ;)
Testing Accessibility

orangeman

God - it's so long since this page fell so far down the list - where are you all and have ye no news to share ?

SuperHans

Playin Loughmacrory in the ulster league this year. What are they like? Is meenagh/ ronan ward still any use? Does yer big man quinn play for them in the middle or is that pomeroy

orangeman

Ward and Meenagh are very good players - Jarlath Quinn plays for Pomeroy -

feetofflames

God - it's so long since this page fell so far down the list - where are you all and have ye no news to share ?

I agree - At this rate there'll be very little in the sports sections of the local papers next week so!! 
Chief Wiggum

goal and a point

when is harte announcing the tyrone panel for NFL

feetofflames

Anybody else  heard that theres going to no fannying about like last year and hes only going to name 30 panellists. It seems that a general feeling exists that standards dropped last year due to too man being involved.   I also was told to expect a surprise development.  Anyone any ideas??? (Canavan back?)   8)
Chief Wiggum

orangeman

Canavan back as a player or as a selector / coach ??????????

I can't see him coming back as a player.

To whom it may concern

Quote from: feetofflames on January 24, 2008, 02:28:18 PM
Anybody else  heard that theres going to no fannying about like last year and hes only going to name 30 panellists. It seems that a general feeling exists that standards dropped last year due to too man being involved.   I also was told to expect a surprise development.  Anyone any ideas??? (Canavan back?)   8)

Well i am great friends with a unanamous player and he told me that Peter may well be back!! Possibly as a selector/possible player, word is that he is giving errigal one last go, being great friends with tiffy, and he has been training...whole thing has been left open according to this player....panel hasn't been announced yet but heard that snowy o'neill and pj quinn are going best out of the newcomers...stephen o'neill's new "setback" not as serious as announced, but is serving as a buffer for him not being keen to go back to the county, word is he is siting out league injured or not, don't think the camp is very united at minute

never kickt a ball

O'Neill retirement stuns Tyrone
Tyrone GAA has been stunned by the news that Stephen O'Neill has retired from intercounty football at the aged of 27.
County manager Mickey Harte told BBC Sport on Thursday evening that O'Neill had decided that 10 years of intercounty football was enough.

O'Neill has been troubled by injury in recent years and is currently out of action but Harte believes the decision is not just injury-related.

"He feels that he has no more to give to the county," added the Tyrone boss.

O'Neill has told Harte that he does intend to continue for his club Clann na nGael.

Harte revealed that O'Neill had first told him of his plan to quit back in October.

"I was hoping that we would be able to change his mind and that he would come round once he got over his knee problem but his mind is made up."

Story from BBC SPORT:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/sport1/hi/northern_ireland/gaelic_games/7207950.stm

ziggysego

I guess the rumours were true then. I didn't believe them. Sad day for Tyrone, but I wish Stevie all the best in his retirement, but I hope to see him in the Tyrone colours again sometime in the future.
Testing Accessibility

damiankelly

One of the greatest players this county has ever produced.  His committment and dedicaion was second to none and after ten years and countless injuries who can blame him for hanging them up.  thanks for the memories stevie!

gerry

though he stall for another while to see if he could get fit.  he probably knows within himself that he never be the player he was.

he be sadly missed this year.  no real forwards to get us the scores this year. :-[ :-[
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

orangeman

O'Neill has been troubled by injury in recent years and is currently out of action but Harte believes the decision is not just injury-related.

What does this mean ? Is there a rift as has been suggested ?

lisdoon1

Quote from: orangeman on January 24, 2008, 11:08:15 PM

What does this mean ? Is there a rift as has been suggested ?

Im an An Dun Gael, but I heard from a reliable source that there was a meeting recently with the Tyrone Players & Management.  A number of players challenged Harte openly to quit as county Manager.

There was a bit of a rift & I understand that O' neill was one of those players.....