Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

Lisdoon - I think you could be right there - I've heard a different story but it does appear that SON was at odds with the manager - ?????????

Out in Front

Sean Kelly will not be taking part in the Q&A but Ross Carr has kindly agreed to take his place.

For those who may be interested, among the prizes in the raffle we're having on the night is a Kerry jersey signed by last year's All-Ireland winning team.

Gaelic Life GAA Q & A NIGHT
In association with the Newry Reporter
In aid of the 
SOUTHERN AREA HOSPICE SERVICES

In the CANAL COURT HOTEL, NEWRY
On WEDNESDAY FEBRUARY 6, 2008
@ 7.45pm - TICKETS £10

MC for the evening, the BBC's MARK SIDEBOTTOM

Taking your questions will be
JARLATH BURNS, JOE KERNAN, JOE BROLLY & ROSS CARR

Tickets are available at the door on the night or they can be purchased in advance from the following:
Darren / Mairead, Gaelic Life, 14 John Street, Omagh, BT78 1DW. Tel: 028 8225 5959
Paul Welsh, Newry Reporter, 4 Margaret Street, Newry, BT35 1DF. Tel: 028 3026 7633

(please make cheque payable to Southern Area Hospice Services)

tyrone86

No further updates or changes to be made lads?

Division 1

An Charraig Mhor - Raymond Munroe / Enda Kilpatrick
Ardboe - Malachy Coyle
Clonoe - Damien Cassidy
Coalisland - Leo Quinn / Pat McNabb
Donaghmore - Joe Faloon
Dromore - Noel McGinn
Errigal Ciaran - Tiffy Quinn
Killyclogher - Tony Collins
Killyman - Mickey Cavanagh
Loughmacrory - Paddy McGuigan

Aghyaran -
Cookstown -
Eglish -
Galbally -
Kildress -
Omagh -

Division 2

Clann na nGael - Brendan Hughes
Eskra - Barry McNellis / Eamon Kavanagh
Gortin - Roger Keenan
Greencastle - Sean Teague
Moortown - Tommy Devlin
Moy - Mattie McGleenan
Pomeroy - Ciaran McBride
Rock - Niall Conway
Stewartstown - Joe Canavan
Tattyreagh - Declan Armstrong
Trillick - Liam Donnelly

Derrylaughan -
Dungannon -
Edendork -
Killeeshil -
Urney -

Division 3

Augher - Gerard Moane
Beragh - Palor McNulty / Barry Grimes
Brocagh - Declan McGeehan
Castlederg - John Lynch
Clogher - Paddy Linden
Drumquin - Sean Donnelly
Dregish - Brian O'Kane
E R O'Neills - Gerard Porter
Errigal Ciaran III - Stevie Quinn
Fintona - John Kelly / Brian Quinn
Glenelly - Sean McConnell
Strabane - Dermot Corry / Dessie O'Connor

Aghaloo -
Brackaville -
Derrytresk -
Drumragh -
Newtownstewart -

snappiered

Quote from: SuperHans on January 24, 2008, 01:43:33 PM
Playin Loughmacrory in the ulster league this year. What are they like? Is meenagh/ ronan ward still any use? Does yer big man quinn play for them in the middle or is that pomeroy

Yous have to travel to us to I see superhans? Do yous normally field a strong side in the Ulster league.

Stevie O Neill a massive loss. He was going to be our main scoring treat (if fit) in 2008. This has been common knowledge amongst alot of people this past few months. Suppose it only was announced now as the panel is due to be announced at the weekend. Orangeman is on the right trail of the reasons as well. Hope Stevie sticks at it with the Clanns and you never know he could return someday to play for the county again.

amigo

Quote from: snappiered on January 25, 2008, 08:52:06 AM
Quote from: SuperHans on January 24, 2008, 01:43:33 PM
Playin Loughmacrory in the ulster league this year. What are they like? Is meenagh/ ronan ward still any use? Does yer big man quinn play for them in the middle or is that pomeroy

Yous have to travel to us to I see superhans? Do yous normally field a strong side in the Ulster league.

Stevie O Neill a massive loss. He was going to be our main scoring treat (if fit) in 2008. This has been common knowledge amongst alot of people this past few months. Suppose it only was announced now as the panel is due to be announced at the weekend. Orangeman is on the right trail of the reasons as well. Hope Stevie sticks at it with the Clanns and you never know he could return someday to play for the county again.

I was speaking to a relative of Stevens a while back who told me there was no way Steven would go back and play under Harte!! Apparently he had to quit working with him as well as they were not seeing eye to eye on a number of issues. I will not go into details but if i was in his shoes i would struggle to play under the circumstances also! I think he had lost all respect for the man!!

orangeman

there was no way Steven would go back and play under Harte!! Apparently he had to quit working with him as well as they were not seeing eye to eye on a number of issues. I will not go into details but if i was in his shoes i would struggle to play under the circumstances also! I think he had lost all respect for the man!!

????????????????????????????

ONeill

That's exactly what I'd heard but probably best to leave it at that on this board.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

tieroan

All is not well lads. A certain All Star nominee last year is rumoured to be very unhappy with Harte and the different positions he is played in. He asked Harte if he could have a break during the McKenna cup only to be told not a chance. He then got 2 minutes of air time in the first few games so he just did not travel against Donegal. Are they sick of the voice?

Maximus Marillius

Quote from: orangeman on January 25, 2008, 10:03:42 AM
there was no way Steven would go back and play under Harte!! Apparently he had to quit working with him as well as they were not seeing eye to eye on a number of issues. I will not go into details but if i was in his shoes i would struggle to play under the circumstances also! I think he had lost all respect for the man!!

????????????????????????????

Heard that quite a while ago

orangeman

Sre cthe cracks starting to appear ? Will the whole thing start top crumble ? Hopefully not - MH and the team deserve more than this.

amigo

Quote from: orangeman on January 25, 2008, 12:27:32 PM
Sre cthe cracks starting to appear ? Will the whole thing start top crumble ? Hopefully not - MH and the team deserve more than this.

I am afraid it looks like a slipperry slope orangeman. Take Peter Canavan, Steven O Neill and more than likely Brian McGuigan out of a Tyrone Championship team. Three of the best players in the country over the last ten years or so!!! The only way is down for this team i am sorry to say !!

orangeman

Hopefully not - when the dust settles and the league is over, SON might reconsider or be persuaded to come back.

loughshore lad

Although its a real hammer blow to Tyrone I would say they are rejoicing up round Donema and Aughabrack. A fit stevie playing full time for the clans will be some boost to them this season.

orangeman

This story doesn't make a lot of sense - everyone is saying that he is retiring because of injury - but yet he is suposedly over the injury and fit again ? Is he fit or not ?

rrhf

I agree Orangeman we should just shut up and wish that he returns to club football injury free and enjoys the rest of his career.  He has played a lot of footbaLL FOR A 27 YEAR OLD.