Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: Under Lights on August 31, 2022, 01:22:04 PM
Are we just going to ignore the fact that Fintona U15s defeated Carrickmore U15s in Grade 1 last night.

Surely if youre interested you make a comment. If others are interested theyll reply. If not the topic will fade away. Is that not how it works? 😉

bogball88

Gortin's Brian McGarvey sustained a serious facial injury against Owen Roes at the weekend which rules him out for the rest of the year. They play the same opposition in the Championship. Big blow

skeog

Fintona is a very welcoming venue.Always well organised.

Under Lights

Fintona youth very impressive over last 3 years. Senior team picking up and if they can get them through there may be soke success in the near future. We didn't start the fire...

HalfBack7

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on August 27, 2022, 10:11:15 PM
I just noticed from looking at the dates/times/venues of the 1st round of championship games, I see that the JFC 1st Round tie between Coalisland thirds vs. Drumquin isn't listed. Safe to presume that Coalisland have withdrawn their thirds team completely for this year then with Drumquin getting a bye into the quarter finals? Nothing confirmed on the fixtures on the county website.

I see the game is now conceded by Coalisland on the County website. Surely a redraw for the junior championship is needed.
The way things stand Drumquin's opponents in the quarter final will already have played two championship games (prelim and 1st round) before meeting Drumquin in the quarter final.

clarshack

Quote from: HalfBack7 on August 31, 2022, 11:07:07 PM
I just noticed from looking at the dates/times/venues of the 1st round of championship games, I see that the JFC 1st Round tie between Coalisland thirds vs. Drumquin isn't listed. Safe to presume that Coalisland have withdrawn their thirds team completely for this year then with Drumquin getting a bye into the quarter finals? Nothing confirmed on the fixtures on the county website.

I see the game is now conceded by Coalisland on the County website. Surely a redraw for the junior championship is needed.
The way things stand Drumquin's opponents in the quarter final will already have played two championship games (prelim and 1st round) before meeting Drumquin in the quarter final.

Was there even a 1/4 final draw done?

https://tyronegaa.ie/2022/06/lcc-tyrone-football-championship-draw-2022/

HalfBack7

Quote from: clarshack on August 31, 2022, 11:17:19 PM

As far as I'm aware it's winners of A v B, C v D, E v F, G v H from the first round game.
Same as was with the reserve championships

Under Lights

A farce, County board are a disgrace for entertaining these thirds team and making a mockery of the junior league and championship.

square_ball

Yeah going by the draw you are on course to play Strabane in the semi final and then Aghaloo in the final. Down champions first up in Ulster so you may want to keep an eye on that championship as well.

WT4E

Quote from: bogball88 on August 31, 2022, 04:20:46 PM
Gortin's Brian McGarvey sustained a serious facial injury against Owen Roes at the weekend which rules him out for the rest of the year. They play the same opposition in the Championship. Big blow

Accidental or Intentional? - I see he's fond of an outburst on Twitter.

bogball88

Quote from: WT4E on September 01, 2022, 09:45:59 AM

Clash of heads I believe

Under Lights

Quote from: WT4E on September 01, 2022, 09:45:59 AM

Egg on face I believe.

clarshack

Quote from: square_ball on September 01, 2022, 08:42:03 AM

Yeah going by the draw you are on course to play Strabane in the semi final and then Aghaloo in the final. Down champions first up in Ulster so you may want to keep an eye on that championship as well.

will just be happy if we get past Brocagh this sunday and then take it from there.

clarshack

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on August 31, 2022, 11:10:46 AM
Quote from: WeeDonns on August 31, 2022, 08:03:12 AM
Quote from: Eire90 on August 31, 2022, 05:20:38 AM
will the energy crises have an effect on clubs
Noticed last time at Fintona they have a generator running their lights (rather than running from the grid or as backup?)
They'd probably be able to give a figure (in litres of Diesel) of what it costs to run the lights when they host a championship game

Yep, our big floodlights are powered via a generator, but I cant give a cost breakdown only to say that rising energy costs certainly make it more expensive.
I noticed that the floodlights at Garvaghy that came on in the second half of the Junior Reserve final also seemed to be generator powered.

what did you think of the Junior Reserve final?

Under Lights

Can you see any other amalgamations over the next few years?