Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Under Lights

Quote from: clarshack on September 02, 2022, 01:06:14 PM
Quote from: GaelTheGael on September 02, 2022, 12:44:21 PM
Donaghmore approaching Coalisland for points and Clonoe approaching Trillick for points this weekend.

going on current form, Trillick should be beating Clonoe but Donaghmore V Fianna would be 50:50 anyway.

Agreed, if anything I'm very surprised Donaghmore are in the position that they are.
I would have had them pinned as the next new team to emerge in the quest for the O'Neill Cup. They have a terrible championship record though, something like 1 win in the last 12 years in the championship. Someone fact check that there.

clarshack

Quote from: Under Lights on September 02, 2022, 01:23:35 PM
Quote from: clarshack on September 02, 2022, 01:06:14 PM
Quote from: GaelTheGael on September 02, 2022, 12:44:21 PM
Donaghmore approaching Coalisland for points and Clonoe approaching Trillick for points this weekend.

going on current form, Trillick should be beating Clonoe but Donaghmore V Fianna would be 50:50 anyway.

Agreed, if anything I'm very surprised Donaghmore are in the position that they are.
I would have had them pinned as the next new team to emerge in the quest for the O'Neill Cup. They have a terrible championship record though, something like 1 win in the last 12 years in the championship. Someone fact check that there.

also haven't Derrylaughan a decent recent record against Moy? beat them in the championship this last 2 years running? therefore it's Clonoe imo who should be worried the most going into this weekend.

LeoMc

Quote from: Under Lights on September 02, 2022, 10:28:04 AM
Quote from: LeoMc on September 02, 2022, 09:54:28 AM
Quote from: Under Lights on September 02, 2022, 06:10:09 AM
Quote from: LeoMc on September 01, 2022, 10:49:59 PM
Quote from: Under Lights on September 01, 2022, 06:13:17 AM
Quote from: HalfBack7 on August 31, 2022, 11:07:07 PM
Quote from: Fionntamhnach on August 27, 2022, 10:11:15 PM
I just noticed from looking at the dates/times/venues of the 1st round of championship games, I see that the JFC 1st Round tie between Coalisland thirds vs. Drumquin isn't listed. Safe to presume that Coalisland have withdrawn their thirds team completely for this year then with Drumquin getting a bye into the quarter finals? Nothing confirmed on the fixtures on the county website.

I see the game is now conceded by Coalisland on the County website. Surely a redraw for the junior championship is needed.
The way things stand Drumquin's opponents in the quarter final will already have played two championship games (prelim and 1st round) before meeting Drumquin in the quarter final.

A farce, County board are a disgrace for entertaining these thirds team and making a mockery of the junior league and championship.
What does that say about the 10 teams that finished below Errigal 3rds?
Donaghmore, with 2 fairly strong minor panels coming through will be competitive  the next few years.

It has already been established that Errigal Ciaran with three clubs amalgamated into one, are the only team that has a reasonable chance of making it.

As for Donaghmore's strong minor panels, this is why we have an U19 competition.

County board need to have a serious think about situations like this, either set up a hobby league with regular fixtures or split D3 into D3A and D3B

Should all those Donaghmore lads just quit when they are 19 then? If Donaghmore have the numbers willing to commit and put the required effort in they should be accommodated, like Errigal were.
And for a bonus point name the 3 clubs that merged to form Errigal.

Donaghmore already have two adult teams in adult to cater football for these lads, strong talk around here that they have approached Coalisland for points this weekend.
If they are fit to field in Div 3 and division 3 reserve (60+ players out) then 2 teams is not enough.

Under Lights

LeoMc

Quote from: Under Lights on September 02, 2022, 04:17:54 PM
Thems the breaks.
Thems not the breaks.Donaghmore and even the County board seem to give more effort to player retention than you do.

Under Lights

Quote from: LeoMc on September 02, 2022, 04:27:21 PM
Thems the breaks.
Thems not the breaks.Donaghmore and even the County board seem to give more effort to player retention than you do.

Much to the determent of the league, would be better ensure competition amongst their own division 1 squad and maybe not need to ask for points constantly, maybe even win a championship game.

Also I've already made suggestions, as have others, for an avenue for these clubs with big nunbers to be facilitated instead of diluting our ACL. A team now has a bye in the championship due to one of these abominations.

LeoMc

Quote from: Under Lights on September 02, 2022, 04:42:20 PM
Quote from: LeoMc on September 02, 2022, 04:27:21 PM
Thems the breaks.

Much to the determent of the league, would be better ensure competition amongst their own division 1 squad and maybe not need to ask for points constantly, maybe even win a championship game.

Also I've already made suggestions, as have others, for an avenue for these clubs with big nunbers to be facilitated instead of diluting our ACL. A team now has a bye in the championship due to one of these abominations.
I had a scroll back and you did indeed make a few suggestions, I will retract. I don't think the effort from Coalisland should count against genuine efforts from Errigal and hopefully Donaghmore.

From the various suggestions I am not sold on the benefits of 3a and 3B. It gives teams 1 more game but would not decrease the number of mis-matches and could lead to a bun fight each year, e.g East Tyrone teams going up and West Tyrone teams going down will require the line be redrawn.
A recreational league, whilst great in theory, falls into that Dads and Lads area, it needs to see a few more clubs with excess players to provide sufficient games. Whilst Coalisland may have been better directed into Dads and Lads Errigal and Donaghmore do treat it seriously and want proper competition.

Someone suggested excess players should just drift out to neighbouring clubs, but that goes agains the ethos of the GAA. It leads to a revolving door between small clubs and their bigger neighbours, god young lads going to the bigger club and the over the hill and surplus being squeezed out to the smaller neighbours, perpetuating the inequality.

An Watcher

I see on the other thread they're chatting about different options for watching the club championships.  Some dearer than others.  £35 in derry for 10 games sounds excellent.  What options do we have? Buy a game or not?

Under Lights

Yes essentially four divisions in all but name. Would be good for some of them long time mid division three teams to win a league

Under Lights

Reserve football in the county certainly needs a rethink but I believe it has been put to clubs previously and the vote was to stay the same

Under Lights

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on September 04, 2022, 09:13:33 AM
Serious amount of rainfall in the wee hours of this morning, on top of yesterday's washout. Likely to be a few pitches not playable?

Couple of teams at bottom of D1 and D2 currently out hosing their pitches in the rain.

Tyrone Gaa

Derrylaughan relegated!!

Moy v Clonoe - Relegation playoff.

Moortown safe after securing a draw with Errigal. Donaghmore safe with a win over Coalisland
Living the dream!!!

TyroneClubs

Example of D1 - Derrylaughlin bottom - relegated
Next 2 - clonoe v moy play off. Loser down. Eg Moy get beat they are relegated
Clonoe into play off final. They play a team from division 2 play offs. If they win they remain division 1. If beat, they are relegated. Team that beat them promoted.

As things stands - Galbally, Pomeroy, Edendork and Gortin in d2 promotion play offs. Should one of those teams or English win champo, Killeshill will get play off spot.

Galbally v Gortin
Pomeroy v Edendork
Winners play each other in semi final
Semi final winner would play Clonoe as I used them as winner in above example. No extra motivation for Moy, just trying to explain it clearly 😂

Tyrone Gaa

No "Tyrone clubs" is correct. The senior club has 2 hurdles to hop before they can be declared safe.

They have to win the league relegation game then also win the game against the Division 2 side to secure the league status. A defeat will see any team in Division 2
Living the dream!!!

clarshack

Hard fought win on a tight pitch against Brocagh to win Division 3 today and it took a late goal and a point to make sure of it for us. Anyone who thought Brocagh would roll out the red carpet was deluded.
Strabane can consider themselves unlucky to only lose one game in the league and still not sure of promotion. In Division 2 Eglish lost 2 games and still won the league.
Thought we were unlucky to have been relegated in the first place with 4 teams automatically going down in 2021 and the same no. of points this year in Division 2 would have kept us out of the bottom 7.