Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wee Roddy

Ricey is a good club man alright but I think you will find anyone or most should I say who come from a good club will pick their first county championship over an All Ireland. At a recent question and answer night Conor Gormley was on a panel with two other men who had won All Irelands , namely DJ Kane and Enda Gormley. Everyone was asked to name their proudest moment. Kane and Enda Gormley said their first All Ireland and both mentioned McRory cups. Conor Gormley said his first championship medal. Conor will walk the line with his club U16S in the league final on saturday, then captain Ulster on Saturday evening in Ballybofey then probably get lumps kicked out of him against Aghyaran on Sunday but i bet he would not have it any other way- same as Ricey.

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: loughshore lad on October 16, 2007, 03:56:47 PM
I see Ricey talking in the papers today about how the win on Sunday was the best of his career. I know his antics can at times leave a sour taste in the mouth but he is a good example of a high profile county player who has certainly not forgot his roots and his club commitment cant be questioned. He seems to be fully involved in the Dromore club - I saw him at the recent under 16 semi final played played before the Island - Donaghmore senior semi and he was along the line managing the under 16's.

His Canadian roots?  ;) ;)

ONeill

Jaysus did yiz see the oul face of Mackle in the Tyrone Times this week. He's a feckin pundit now......bet he bought thon tux for the photo.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

KIDDO

Even a former Dromore resident arrived home fromToronto ,Cathel Maguire ,   for  the greatest day in our club history.

midnightcaller

Fair play til Dromore, although i would say it was the easiest championship ever won. Trillick, Kildress, Cookstown, Coalisland. Need i say more.

john mcgill

KIDDO
Is Seamus Donaghy not an ex Dromore player?  I heard he was ill.  Was he fit to travel to the game?  He was a great player in his day.

tyrone exile

Quote from: midnightcaller on October 16, 2007, 07:09:26 PM
Fair play til Dromore, although i would say it was the easiest championship ever won. Trillick, Kildress, Cookstown, Coalisland. Need i say more.

the other side of the draw wouldnt have put up much of a fight either would it? and to be fair kildress beat the moy and should have beaten dromore

orangeman

Let's not start to demean Dromore's victory - they eon it fair and square, keeping the best wine to last - they beat what was put in front of them - history books will show Dromore as the winners in 2007 - end of the story -

Over the Bar

QuoteLet's not start to demean Dromore's victory - they eon it fair and square, keeping the best wine to last - they beat what was put in front of them - history books will show Dromore as the winners in 2007 - end of the story -

Good 2c you've come around Orangeman to give credit where it's due regardess and for the good of Tyrone football I hope the fixtures accommodate Dromore re: the league finals in their quest to represent Tyrone and not have them suffer the same shambles as Errigal last year.  I think we should also revert to the team with the most points wins the league, instead of a the English championship system that we use now.

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: KIDDO on October 16, 2007, 07:07:31 PM
Even a former Dromore resident arrived home fromToronto ,Cathel Maguire ,   for  the greatest day in our club history.

I know Cathal very well from out here - delighted to see that he was home for the big day

ziggysego

I think I know who tyrone86 is. If you want to know who I think you're, IM me.
Testing Accessibility

ziggysego

I was wrong ....................................... allegely ;)
Testing Accessibility

KIDDO

E-Ciaran ladies won 2.13 ,to 1.6 ,on Sat evening last, at Dunmoyle.

hoopsaaa

Aaron Boone

Will Dromore keep playing in yellow now?