Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Over the Bar

Is it true that Ricey bit the head off a bat on stage at the celebrations :P?

orangeman

Errigal simply didn't field last year in the semi finals  - and Dromore have shown this year that in spite of impending championship matches, that they just get on with it and field teams as normal - there will be and should be no need to change games simply to accomodate Dromore - this is how the wheels have fallen off the wagon with regard to fixtures.

midnightcaller

Until Dromore beat one of the BIG 2 then they can call themselves the best in the county. They have a chance to do that in the league Semis/ or Final. Yes indeed they won the championship this year at a canter, because they had such poor opposition put in front of them. I know you can only beat whats put in front of you Dromore have a long way to go to prove themselves against the best.

ballygawleyman

hardstation i hate to say it but its true. donaghmore beat an understrength errigal team and carmen were put out because of a freak goal. every team is due a bad day, look at tyrone against meath in croke park. it happens. i really dont feel dromore would have beat carmen or errigal on sunday. i feel errigal or carmen would have beat a select team from sunday

clarshack

Quote from: ballygawleyman on October 17, 2007, 10:21:18 AM
i feel errigal or carmen would have beat a select team from sunday

carmen were beaten by clonoe - a 1B team while errigal would have been beaten by another 1B team in clan na gael if stephen o'neill was fit. hardly 'big 2' material?

dromore were deserving winners, they have won 3 league titles in recent years and lost a championship final - they have been knocking on the door and they finally broke through through it. end of story!

Over the Bar

Quotei really dont feel dromore would have beat carmen or errigal on sunday.

Can't say I agree.  Dromore were on a mission on Sunday and weren't to be denied their first title, just like Killyclogher in '03 after they'd been beaten at the final hurdle the year previous.    I believe their sheer motivation and determination would have beaten either Errigal or Carmen.

It's also nice to see the balance of power remain firmly in the west and long may that continue.  ;D

DMarsden

The team that wins the championship is the best team in the county for that year. end of story. to try to suggest otherwise makes you look like an idiot

Fear ón Srath Bán

No question, Dromore are worthy winners bar none, and to suggest otherwise is really scraping the bottom!

Iarthar Thír Eoghain abú!  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

ballygawleyman

dromore should have been beaten by kildress who are also a 1b team but this doesnt matter. in championship footbal divisons dont matter. if stevie oneill was playing against errigal would the clans have been as close till errigal, when your missing your main player it tends to boost teams like that wile stronger teams tend to flop when missing big players

Nally Stand

"carmen were beaten by clonoe - a 1B team while errigal would have been beaten by another 1B team in clan na gael if stephen o'neill was fit. hardly 'big 2' material?"

I know i'm biased in this bein a Carmen man but it still has to be asked of you Clarshack... does only having lost two games all year (to date) not make Carmen one of the "big two"?
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Bensars

Ballygawleyman and midnight caller i suspect may be the same person.  You're making a fool of yourself. Yes championship games are supposed to be tight. No team walks over the other ( normally), and yes dromore may not have played fantastic in all their games but neither has errigal or carmen over the last number of years.

Theres not too many Gaels would begrudge Dromore their first championship. Despite the fact that some may not have the greatest love for them.

Those who do, most likely have never played the game and are barstool pundits.  Which category do you fall into ?

orangeman

Bensars - it's becoming inceasingly difficult to read your posts, given the distraction in the corner ! It has an almost hypnotic effect.........

clarshack

Quote from: Nally Stand on October 17, 2007, 12:29:54 PM
"carmen were beaten by clonoe - a 1B team while errigal would have been beaten by another 1B team in clan na gael if stephen o'neill was fit. hardly 'big 2' material?"

I know i'm biased in this bein a Carmen man but it still has to be asked of you Clarshack... does only having lost two games all year (to date) not make Carmen one of the "big two"?

sorry but after this year how can there be such a thing as a big two? its disrespectful to the other top sides in tyrone. it can be argued that there is a top 4 or 5 which of course carmen would be part of. for me dromore are number one and are a better side than carmen or errigal. just one example of dromores strength would be raymond gallagher, he would be starting on any other team in tyrone but he's only a sub with dromore.

Over the Bar

Clarshark there is a Big Two as only two teams have dominated Tyrone football for the past 14 years.  If Dromore build on their first success by adding additional titles in the coming years they will then join that ranking, but for now there is still only a Big Two.

orangeman

I would have to agree that Errigal and Carmen b virtue of their dominance as past 15 years deserve the title of the big 2 - no question about that.