Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EC Unique

This year Dromore won the Tyrone Championship, Dromore are County Champions. They are the best team this year in Tyrone reguardless of what happens in the League.  Championship brings the cream to the top. League is for preparing for Championship success.

DirtyDozen12

Quote from: EC Unique on October 17, 2007, 02:29:44 PM
This year Dromore won the Tyrone Championship, Dromore are County Champions. They are the best team this year in Tyrone reguardless of what happens in the League.  Championship brings the cream to the top. League is for preparing for Championship success.

Does this apply to Killyman then???  Won 2 games all year in the league in division 2 but have won the championship.  Now i am not begrudging Killyman their championship win because over the 3 games in the championship they where worthy winners but you seriously cant believe they are the best team in division 2??I would disagree that championship brings the cream to the top, after all anyone can have an off day..ie Carmen this year, in the championship, but a league standing shows how you have been playing throughout an entire season.
Beer, now there's a temporary solution!!!

Over the Bar

QuoteDoes this apply to Killyman then???

No, cos division 2 is pure dort!

ballygawleyman

well said over the bar errigal are in the same boat as carmen, they too had an off day

ziggysego

Quote from: Over the Bar on October 17, 2007, 04:00:19 PM

Wind your neck in, there was a lot of good football in Division 2 this year.
Testing Accessibility

laceer

great statement.you're obviously a knowledgable gael.did you think that up at play time?

EC Unique

Quote from: DirtyDozen12 on October 17, 2007, 03:55:48 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on October 17, 2007, 02:29:44 PM

Does this apply to Killyman then???  Won 2 games all year in the league in division 2 but have won the championship.  Now i am not begrudging Killyman their championship win because over the 3 games in the championship they where worthy winners but you seriously cant believe they are the best team in division 2??I would disagree that championship brings the cream to the top, after all anyone can have an off day..ie Carmen this year, in the championship, but a league standing shows how you have been playing throughout an entire season.

I can't speak for Division 2 as I have no experience of it. As for Division 1, well this is where the most of the county team comes from, so some clubs have to play without up to 5,6 or even 7 of their best players in quite a few of their league games. This means that you can only see their true form in the heat of the Championship. This is when they are going hell for leather holding nothing back. This is where 'most of the time' the best team will win. This year we were not good enough and in my opinion Dromore would have been a big ask of us had we met them in the final.  League does not bring the best out of Division 1 teams on a weekly basis. Far from it!!

tyrone exile

Dromore won the championship fair and square! no matter what anybody says about the "Big two" the past is history, we'll see next year if the big two are anywhere near the final!

Over the Bar

Wind your neck in, there was a lot of good football in Division 2 this year.

Jay-zuz I'm only jokin............ a chill pill for all div 2 club supporters methinks!

longball

How dare you run down division 2 football! There are plently of talent players that would make any 1A teams.
think ur statement lowers the standard of the board to hoganstand level.
now stop being so immature- u ignorant tw*t  :P :-[
Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0

Over the Bar

QuoteHow dare you run down division 2 football! There are plently of talent players that would make any 1A teams.
think ur statement lowers the standard of the board to hoganstand level.

In anim dia! Longball and the rest of the Div 2 fodder are tetchy today! lol

Never let it be forgotten that Kevin Hughes won an AIF MOTM from div 2! 

There's hope for the rest of ye yet!

rrhf

Otb  :o
Can you not remember errigal in division 3 in 1991.

Over the Bar

It's come full cirlce.... our 3rds are there now!  :D

clarshack

it was glencull/errigal II that played in an 18 team Div 3 in 1990 (windmill played that year) winning the league and thus gaining promotion to a 16 team Div 2 for 1991. this errigal team contained peter and pascal canavan, denver farrell & eoin gormley etc.. derrytresk put  them out of the junior championship that year. if i can remember right they pulled out half way through the league in 1991 as all the better players had left to play for the 1st team.

rrhf

Derrytresks finest hour, they created Errigal ciaran 1sts.  Only for them Carmen woudl have won 12 out of the last 14 titles.