Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Club boi

Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on March 29, 2018, 01:28:46 PM
Personally don't think there is a need to keep playing games on sundays. Why not have more Friday Saturday games and then free men up on a Sunday to spend time with their families etc. This county seems to stick very rigidly to the club games on a Sunday format.

A friend of mine moved to a Co.Down outfit a few years back and he clearly said the only reason he kept playing was cause the games were on Friday evenings. Free weekend with his kids

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on March 29, 2018, 01:28:46 PM
Personally don't think there is a need to keep playing games on sundays. Why not have more Friday Saturday games and then free men up on a Sunday to spend time with their families etc. This county seems to stick very rigidly to the club games on a Sunday format.
i would agree with you there.
even if it was just 4/5 Friday or saturday night fixtures over the summer.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

trailer

Quote from: Under Lights on March 29, 2018, 01:08:18 PM
Errigal will be turning out four adult teams this year again.

TBH the playing both reserve and senior on the same day is a bit off putting for a family man, an away game is a whole day gone.

Yeah especially if you just want to play a bit of reserve football. Have the reserve game on a Friday so you don't lose the whole Sunday. Anyone with a family struggles with this commitment. If you work all week and in some cases Saturday then to say to the Wife you're off to Urney for the day, it'd be all picture and no sound for a few days.

Therealdonald

Its a catch 22 situation. There's probably as many men working in England or Dublin who would need the games on the Sunday, in comparison to disgruntled housewives. From a players point of view I'd say Friday games would be welcomed or even Saturday games. Leaves your Friday and Saturday free.

About the clubs with bad numbers, there's some bigger clubs mentioned there. Is there any reason why clubs are getting low numbers. I can't imagine its to do with fixtures? Probably more just a change in feeling among younger players?

TyroneOnlooker

I've heard of quite a lot of clubs saying they haven't got the numbers they would have had previous years. I think there's a general apathy at the minute, particularly with younger squad/reserve players. Demands are increasing, gone are the days of half the reserve team turning up on a Sunday to play a bit of football after a few beers on a Saturday night. Those that do get badly exposed as the fitness of club players has increased over the years in the same way as it has for county. Anybody that can only commit to the odd training or one night a week then when they do turn up realises they're way off the pace. Puts boys off.
Add in that younger ones just don't seem to have the same gra for the game and the club as ones gone before them...all leads to lower numbers. Boys can take or it leave it now. When i first started it was all in.

Saying that i can't wait for the league to start on Saturday! hope the weather holds up

WT4E

Quote from: TyroneOnlooker on March 29, 2018, 04:34:35 PM
gone are the days of half the reserve team turning up on a Sunday to play a bit of football after a few beers on a Saturday night.

Ah those where the days  ;D

Quote from: TyroneOnlooker on March 29, 2018, 04:34:35 PM
Anybody that can only commit to the odd training or one night a week then when they do turn up realises they're way off the pace. Puts boys off.

Also the fact that alot club managers refuse this type of player in the past - as they viewed them as uncommitted to the cause.

GaaFanatic123

Heard Ronan McHugh is injured for Agyayaran, must be a massive blow to clubs when County men come back injured?
Same for Meyler if he's not fit although hits the smaller clubs bigger imo, Colly Cav also massive blow to Moy!!

southtyronegael

Be some craic if colly Cavanagh lines out for the moy 2moro!

GaaFanatic123

Quote from: southtyronegael on March 30, 2018, 11:09:12 AM

It would, Clonoe would be laughing if he did, wouldnt say much for the Moy subs if a man that cant run at the minute lines out for them lol

Club boi

Quote from: Club boi on March 26, 2018, 02:49:48 PM
Donaghmore V Pomeroy - by 5
Derrylaughan V Omagh - by 8
Errigal V Galbally - by 6
Trillick V Carrickmore - by 3
Clonoe V Moy - by 10
Aghyaran V Coalisland - by 7
Dromore V Edendork - by 8
Killyclogher V Ardboe - by 2

Eglish v Dungannon - by 2
Gortin v Augher - by 1
Kildress v Owen Roes - by 2
Moortown v Cookstown - by 2
Stewartstown v Aghaloo - by 4
Strabane v Loughmacrory - by 1
Tattyreagh v Greencastle - by 5
Urney v Derrytresk - by 8

Clan na nGael v Newtownstewart - by 4
Clogher v Eskra - by 6
Beragh v Drumragh - by 2
Brackaville v Glenelly - by 3
Castlederg v Drumquinn - by 2
Dregish v Killeeshil - by 5
Rock v Fintona - by 2
Killyman v Brockagh - by 4

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: GaaFanatic123 on March 30, 2018, 11:34:13 AM
Quote from: southtyronegael on March 30, 2018, 11:09:12 AM

It would, Clonoe would be laughing if he did, wouldnt say much for the Moy subs if a man that cant run at the minute lines out for them lol

From what I'm told, they won't have that many subs and aren't fielding a reserve team. Hugely embarrasing if this proves correct.

laceer

Nothing embarrassing about it. Getting 30+ men out is a big enough ask. I'd say reserve games will be hit and miss over all divisions this year. A few men injured /suspended/away and it becomes a struggle.

Under Lights

Any results?

Clogher 2-11 Eskra 1-11
Tattyreagh beat greencastle
Gortin beat Augher

Tyroneforsam

Donaghmore beat Pomeroy by 3 with an injury time goal. A draw would have been a fair result but donaghmore did seem that bit fitter than us. We were in control at half time but faded towards the end!

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: Under Lights on March 31, 2018, 08:04:35 PM
Any results?

Clogher 2-11 Eskra 1-11
Tattyreagh beat greencastle
Gortin beat Augher

Some result for Clogher, I had Eskra going through that division like a hot knife through butter. Maybe I'm over rating them. Always thought of them as decent.
Living the dream!!!