Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Therealdonald on March 28, 2018, 05:09:50 PM
Any word on what clubs are going well this year? I read above that Killyclogher are training since November. They are consistently probably the best conditioned team in Tyrone.

Dromore got to Ulster League final so must be motoring along rightly at this stage.

GaelTheGael

Hearing reports of few division 2 and 3  teams going very poorly in regards numbers at training. With reports that Cookstown, Kildress and Loughmacrory have very poor numbers out at training even at this late stage before the league starts.

rrhf

Quote from: Dire Ear on March 27, 2018, 11:23:11 AM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on March 27, 2018, 10:33:13 AM
Quote from: Dire Ear on March 27, 2018, 10:31:00 AM
rrhf
Trillick V Carrickmore - by 2
Clonoe v  Moy - by 1
Dromore V Edendork- by 3------------
Some brave guesses there!

Galbally to draw with Errigal is another brave shout  :-X
maybe a betting man? !

I think the championship this year is between killyclogher, Omagh, Pomeroy the dark horse and Clonoe. Think the league will have little bearing on this and expect a whole host of shocks throughout the year as so called weaker teams like edendork are better prepared than ever before. Deep down with a fit Mc aliskey and a change in regime  I fancy the rahillys this year. But don't use the league to judge the championship.

Under Lights

Quote from: GaelTheGael on March 28, 2018, 10:28:55 PM
Hearing reports of few division 2 and 3  teams going very poorly in regards numbers at training. With reports that Cookstown, Kildress and Loughmacrory have very poor numbers out at training even at this late stage before the league starts.

Heard Gortin going very poorly, may not be able to field reserve team this year.

Also Ardboe numbers said to be poor which is surprising.

Club boi

All Im hearing is teams going poorly, low numbers at training, men leaving, no interest etc.... but is anyone surprised with the way the Club player is treated??

GaaFanatic123

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on March 28, 2018, 05:13:52 PM
Quote from: Therealdonald on March 28, 2018, 05:09:50 PM
Any word on what clubs are going well this year? I read above that Killyclogher are training since November. They are consistently probably the best conditioned team in Tyrone.

Dromore got to Ulster League final so must be motoring along rightly at this stage.

Yeah Dromroe seem to have a few good results, also a good run in the U21's!
I will still be interested on how they perform this season and what players play where.
Last season I watched them against Clonoe and McCarron was the best player on the field for Dromore, 2nd best was Ricey, Ricey who went off injured and it fell apart then at the back. McCarron is gone this season and im not sure what the story is with Ricey with his involvement with Fermanagh and if he's is going to go back and play for Dromore but surely wont be match fit. Also Fabian came on that day who is retired, Eoin McCusker - Retired, Conor O'Neil I think has quit also. Thats 5 players that day who are gone and will leave massive gaps in the team!

LeoMc

Tyrone Dreamer

Quote from: Club boi on March 29, 2018, 08:36:01 AM
All Im hearing is teams going poorly, low numbers at training, men leaving, no interest etc.... but is anyone surprised with the way the Club player is treated??

Did the season not run fairly well in Tyrone last year? Fixtures look decent enough for this year too. The one thing missing is a decent summer competition without the county players to keep things ticking over but for some reason the clubs don't seem to have any interest in this.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on March 29, 2018, 10:35:04 AM

Did the season not run fairly well in Tyrone last year? Fixtures look decent enough for this year too. The one thing missing is a decent summer competition without the county players to keep things ticking over but for some reason the clubs don't seem to have any interest in this.
I can never understand why anyone thinks we need something like that.
we dont need more games. what we have is fine if games are played regularly and club players have some sort of schedule that they can know when they are playing or when there is free weekends
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Tyrone Dreamer

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on March 29, 2018, 11:15:37 AM

we dont need more games. what we have is fine if games are played regularly and club players have some sort of schedule that they can know when they are playing or when there is free weekends

Because there will be a 6 - 8 week period were very few games are played and teams will be training with no proper games. The other alternative is to play more games in the league without county players but not sure there is any appetite for that.

There was a schedule put out last year and the fixtures generally went ahead as planned. There is a schedule out for this year to work off as well.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on March 29, 2018, 11:26:12 AM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on March 29, 2018, 11:15:37 AM

Because there will be a 6 - 8 week period were very few games are played and teams will be training with no proper games. The other alternative is to play more games in the league without county players but not sure there is any appetite for that.

There was a schedule put out last year and the fixtures generally went ahead as planned. There is a schedule out for this year to work off as well.

last year was a vast improvement on what we have had in the past.
I don't honestly think players mind having a break with no games ,as long as they know in advance when this is and it can be used for holidays etc.
The real frustrations comes when games are thrown in when they  arent expected or when there is a prolonged period with no games when there was supposed to be so players havent went on holidays/ to events etc.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

TabClear

Quote from: Under Lights on March 29, 2018, 08:19:57 AM

Heard Gortin going very poorly, may not be able to field reserve team this year.

Also Ardboe numbers said to be poor which is surprising.

Heard a few stories on this as well with question marks over whether all teams will be able to field Reserves. Unfortunately this becomes a vicious circle in summer with reserve matches being called off with little to no notice prompting other players to question why they should schedule holidays around breaks/stay in on sat night/train/give up Sundays leading to more matches being called off. Obviously a bigger issue with reserves who are more like to have older players with families or younger (18-20 year olds) who want to get out on a Saturday night. No easy solution unfortunately.

WT4E

Heard the problem is widespread on this - Heard Carmen have alot lower numbers than previous years - What about Errigal are they still able to field 3 teams?

Under Lights

Errigal will be turning out four adult teams this year again.

TBH the playing both reserve and senior on the same day is a bit off putting for a family man, an away game is a whole day gone.

Goals_Will_Come

Personally don't think there is a need to keep playing games on sundays. Why not have more Friday Saturday games and then free men up on a Sunday to spend time with their families etc. This county seems to stick very rigidly to the club games on a Sunday format.