Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrone86

Orangeman, one quick question to try and finish because I'm starting to feel a little dirty defending the CCC. Do you think the fixtures are just a shambles in general or the fixtures are a shambles because it's one rule for one and a different rule for another?

clarshack

Quote from: tyrone86 on October 16, 2007, 12:27:48 PM
Orangeman, one quick question to try and finish because I'm starting to feel a little dirty defending the CCC. Do you think the fixtures are just a shambles in general or the fixtures are a shambles because it's one rule for one and a different rule for another?

Both

EC Unique

What happened you lot on Sunday Oneillcup? I was looking forward to a close game ???

Bensars

This has been a problem over the last number of years.

On previous occassions Tyrones progress in the all ireland series was used. However this year and other years whereby Tyrone have not advanced the same problem persists.

No common sense whatsoever. Maybe no games for a few weeks, then the 12th july fortnight ( for example only) and 4 games over two weekends.

I feel this has also been compounded by the greed to have more spectators at championship games . Now before anyone starts i know the fixtures for championship and league are two different bodies, but nobody can tell me that they dont communicate.

Also factor in the Little Hitler syndrome where some individuals are put into positions of power

The proposal from the fact finding exercise ( which was to be implemented)  stated ( of the top of my head) That all fixtures would be released /published at start of year and adhered to. also that there would be a free fortnight for example so that any club player could organise holidays.     Where has all this gone.

Finally i cannot for the life of me see how anyone can rationally stand up and defend the CCC, without (a) being involved or connected to someone who is or ( B) never played the game and experienced the frustrations of club players.

Most club players started training in Jan/Feb........League wont be over until Dec.............NOT good enough

orangeman

86 - I couldn't have expressed it any better or any more eloquently than Bensars has  - and as Clarshck says BOTH.

oneillcup2007

The btter team won on the day.  it just didnt happen.. Im still at a loss for words about the perfromance.  Would rather not to have made the county final than stand there watching that dung.  

clarshack

well said bensars! liked the little hitler remark - so true!

oneillcup2007

Can anyone let us know what the story is with the under 21 championship?

Pharoch Phantom

orangeman and clarshack, you need to use your influence and get to the meetings to air your problems.

oneillcup2007

Use your influence what does this mean.  Are they both journos?

tyrone86

Quote from: Bensars on October 16, 2007, 01:05:38 PM
This has been a problem over the last number of years.

On previous occassions Tyrones progress in the all ireland series was used. However this year and other years whereby Tyrone have not advanced the same problem persists.

No common sense whatsoever. Maybe no games for a few weeks, then the 12th july fortnight ( for example only) and 4 games over two weekends.

I might be wrong but from memory the only double fixtures this year have been the weekend of the Vocational Schools and Hogan Cup Finals. In fact, unlike previous years, I don't think any club have been asked to play on the Sunday if they had a Thursday or Friday night game in the Championship. Sensible perhaps, but it will lead to fixture congestion later on in the year. Lets not forget not everyone takes the 12th fortnight. You've the Derry holidays affecting the North of the county, and I'm sure the Builders holidays in Dublin affects the whole county as well considering so many clubs won't play midweek because they've lads playing that work on sites in Dublin. Basically that writes off 3 weeks of July and 1 week of August.

Now try and get fixtures played and keep everyone happy during this period.

QuoteI feel this has also been compounded by the greed to have more spectators at championship games . Now before anyone starts i know the fixtures for championship and league are two different bodies, but nobody can tell me that they dont communicate.

This has been changed this year and the CCC is responsible for everything now in terms of fixtures. Despite the financial clout of Club Tyrone, the championship gate receipts have been the bread and butter of running the counties purse strings and have been for quite a few years and no matter who the county treasurer is, they'll want as much from the championship as they can get.

QuoteAlso factor in the Little Hitler syndrome where some individuals are put into positions of power

I've had a decent amount of dealings with the CCC and Management committee over the years and while I might not see eye to eye with all of them, and have little time for others, I don't think any of them are "Little Hitlers". If you feel differently, name and shame them.

QuoteThe proposal from the fact finding exercise ( which was to be implemented)  stated ( of the top of my head) That all fixtures would be released /published at start of year and adhered to. also that there would be a free fortnight for example so that any club player could organise holidays.     Where has all this gone.

As with the 3 x 16 leagues, starting in 2008

QuoteFinally i cannot for the life of me see how anyone can rationally stand up and defend the CCC, without (a) being involved or connected to someone who is or ( B) never played the game and experienced the frustrations of club players.

As for (a) I'm not related to, or even from the same club as anyone on the CCC and (b) I've played for a few years and might even have another 1 in me yet  :D

QuoteMost club players started training in Jan/Feb........League wont be over until Dec.............NOT good enough

100% correct my good man but I appreciate it's a very difficult job and I, seemingly on my own, am prepared to cut them a bit of slack. Let's be constructive rather than destructive eh?

Deal_Me_In

QuoteThere's certainly a problem this year but I think it's fair to say that as soon as the fate of the league title is established you'll not see any more junior games played.

86 you say that after tattyreagh secure the league there will be no more league games in junior football, what do you then say to lads who have trained from Jan/Feb to play 15 games instead of 24? What about the junior reserve league? There are still 4 or 5 teams competing for the league title including ourselves and i can assure you our club will be looking to fulfill all the remaining fixtures to ensure we have a chance of winning one title this year.

tyrone86

Sure don't Beragh always win it anyway, they'll probably just give you the reserve title  ;)

Truth be told I forgot about playing out the reserve league. Apologies.

EC Unique

Quote from: oneillcup2007 on October 16, 2007, 01:42:37 PM
Can anyone let us know what the story is with the under 21 championship?

It is going ahead but not sure when ..... A bit late in the year but better than nothing. We should not be far away this year again. :)

loughshore lad

I see Ricey talking in the papers today about how the win on Sunday was the best of his career. I know his antics can at times leave a sour taste in the mouth but he is a good example of a high profile county player who has certainly not forgot his roots and his club commitment cant be questioned. He seems to be fully involved in the Dromore club - I saw him at the recent under 16 semi final played played before the Island - Donaghmore senior semi and he was along the line managing the under 16's.