Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Over the Bar

QuoteThere are a few who suggest that the post canavan era for Errigal will be the same as for Tyrone - cupless.  

Bit like Donaghmore for the last 80 years then.  :P

QuoteDefinitely e/c are on the wane.

Unfortunately there's only one way from the top! ;)  However our current crop of minors, unbeaten in 3 championship seasons following on from being minor Ulster champions in 05 might suggest we'll be a force for a while yet!

tyronegael

I am amazed at the size of Errigal Ciaran's pick they have.Not 1 of there Minors is on a senoir team (an Errigal Man told me) and not 1 person playing under 16.Surely no other club in tyrone has this pleasure.
:o :o :o

Wee Roddy

Firstly congratulations to all concerned with Dromore and Errigal clubs on winning their respective titles yesterday. I said on here last week that I expected Dromore to win easily.

RRHF you ask that would Carmen and Errigal in their peak (8 years ago) competed with Dromore yesterday? Why 8 years ago by the way. Alot of people say Carmens best team was 3 years ago! But in answer to your question Carmen, Errigal Donaghmore and many more would have competed with Dromore yesterday. They may not have beaten them but by god could you imagine Gabriel McCallan, Ronan McNally or who ever else would be in the half forward line standing up, or not standing up would be more appropriate to some of the thing s that went on yesterday. Coalisland need to learn that all is fair in love and war. Dromore learned from Errigal last year on how to beat what essentially is a spinless outfit. 

rrhf

When I meant 8 years ago I was referring to wee Barney, Seamy, Peter L, Ronan Mc G, Peter and Paschal  and all in their prime.  In those days an outsider win wouldnt have won anything.  Time will tell but I thought Dromore yesterday were physically, mentally in as good a shape as I have seen any team.  If they could take Mayobridge which is something Carmen never did then that would be another step, but as its their first they are possibly entitled to party for weeks. I was bowled over by Dromore yesterday.  i had felt that Donaghmore had left it behind that day rather that Coalisland acttually being that good.  I think yesterday confirmed that.     

orangeman

Dromore did seem to steamroll Island - I like everybody thought it would be close but fair play to Dromore - I'm not sure Island are that bad - in fact they're not that bad and I don't think Dromore are 10 points a better side than Dromore or Errigal or Carmen - next year will be interesting -
No disrespect to Dromore but I think Carmen will re emerge as the biggest threat to Dromore's title.

rrhf

With donaghmore slipping out of the top 4 last weekend,  The league top 4 reads, Dromore, Carmen, Coalisland and Errigal.  Id have though there will be the odd bonecruncher in there.

orangeman

rrhf - What sort of a team had Errigal out at weekend - it seemed to be a bit depleted - were you many short ?

loughshore lad

Are there any league games this weekend?

Orangeman - I hear both ourselves and Cookstown wanted to play the league game on Saturday past and the county board wouldnt agree  ???

orangeman

As far as I can make out, both teams agreed to play, but county board would not agree and said that they made the fuxtures, not the clubs.

EC Unique

Quote from: rrhf on October 15, 2007, 09:45:25 AM
;)
Congrats anyway.  How do the errigal and Carmen posters think dromore would have coped with any of the great Carmen and errigal teams in their pomp.  (about 8 years ago)

To be honest it is very hard to say going on yesterday. Coalisland may have made Dromore look good. The Ulster club will decide how good they are. It is where great football will stand out.

rrhf

Orangeman -they were changed enough errigal and Donaghmore teams and donaghmore should have been out of sight at half time.  Errigal were only ever going to win it with a goal and they did have a chance or two before it came.  They were short a few and Donaghmore also.  There was a feeling of 2 teams looking out of the league about it as there was hardly a tackle in the game.

Over the Bar

QuoteTime will tell but I thought Dromore yesterday were physically, mentally in as good a shape as I have seen any team.

Have to agree there.  They looked very well trained and physically Coalisland were well beaten never mind on the scoreboard.  They came out the right side of nearly every 50/50 ball.

orangeman

Was it not a case of Coalisland making Dromore look better than they were - Kildress nearly beat Dromore - are Kildress better than Coalisland ? - don't think so. Kildress were more ready for the challenge of Dromore than Coalisland were.

phpearse

Orangeman big difference between league football and championship. Young lads can dance about all day in the league and score goals for fun but against a hard physical team like Carmen, Dromore in a championship they don't count. Coalisland may come good in a few years time but they'll need a few ignorant ball winners and a bit more badness about them if they are to do anything.

Has Mickey Garry enough pace about him to be a county FB or CHB. I know he played there for the u21's a while back. Cathal McCarron I thought could make it but he looked a bit unsure at times yesterday and he wasn't under any great pressure. Garry ruled the roost at MF and was surprised he didn't get MOTM.

Over the Bar

QuoteWas it not a case of Coalisland making Dromore look better than they were

I think you are being a bit unfair to Dromore there Orangeman.   Their high fielding, kicking, passing and determined 'hard but fair' tackling were all as you would expect from a team intent on winning the championship and they were in tremendous shape physically.

Had Dromore allowed Colaisland to settle then the outcomemight have been very different, but Dromore took the game by the scruff of the neck from word go.  Reminded me a bit of Tyrone v Kerry in 03.