Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rrhf

Congratulations to Dromore and hard luck to Coalisland.  Dromore were simply awesome and Garry, snowy Sean O Neill, Fabian deserve county trials.  Bets couty final performance I hacve seen in 15 years.  Pleased for Noel Mc Ginn and had a feeling before the match that this could happen.  I think it was a case of Dromore being a much better team as much as freezing etc.  Over the bar Ill ate that pie.  As for Errigal I never seen the great e/c as delighted with a jammy last minute goal against an experimental side.  :D Definitely e/c are on the wane.

loughshore lad

Thought Dromore would win but didnt expect them to win by such an amount. Ourselves and Dromore would have a strained enough relationship over the last year or 2 but I send them congratulations from the loughshore they deserve their title after knocking consistently on the door for the last number of years.
As for the fianna - looks like the hype got to them big time. Maybe this will put some manners in both their supporters and some of their players, their arrogance was unbelievable. The fianna aint on fire any more and who knows what effect such a heavy defeat on the biggest day in Tyrone club football will have on this young team??

rrhf

On another point todays events made a complete show of the county final.  Technical issues aside the entertainments were a bore and very poorly organised.  keep it simple lads.  If i had known there was going to be such a delay between the games Id have avoided them.  what about the famous line "we'd just like to thank all the contractors for their professionalism...." lights out sound off oops.   >:(  

snappiered

Congrats to Dromore. They have suffered their disappointments over the years and was glad to see them win it. The Fianna just froze on the day with the occasion getting to them. Dromore had the advantage of playing big Championship matches in Omagh over the past few years and they were more familar with the surroundings. But this young Island team will learn from this and ive no doubt will come back stronger. Im sure they had a massive party in Dromore last night and they really deserved it. Kiddo was in great from. Fair play to him.

snappiered

We defeated Moy on Saturday evening with Phily Jordan carried off with what seem to be a hamstring pull. We also lost corner back John Gallagher to a serious shoulder injury. Big loss for us for the remainder of the season. Colly Cavanagh was outstanding in the middle of the field. If MH wanted to push Sean into the half forward line ive no doubt Colm could play in the middle.

Shadylimp

Forgive me if i sound delighted, but tough shit coalisland! no one can feel sorry for this outfit for they have been the most cocky and arrogant team ive encountered in my life. its a fact, their players and supporters were actually talking about winning ulster and for many years.  ::) right whatever lads. maybe if yous had one decent defender yous could think like that. over the moon that you were beat. THANKS LADS!  ;D
'Oh honey I didn't get drunk. I just went into a strange fantasy world'

rrhf

This final wasnt about the Fianna, Dromore were technically flawless. Even some of the great Errigal and Carmen teams in their heyday would struggled to have beaten Dromore today.

phpearse

On the field action - thought Dromore were very good and whilst I expected them to win I thought Coalisland would at least give them a bit of a game. Dromore really up for it this year especially with Carmen out of it so early, it just had to be their year. Coalisland just too young, too small, too green and a bit yella. Dromore had them running scared from before the first whistle. O'Neill (Dromore No 5) must have learned his manners from Ricey as he was in the face of his man from the get go. He went on to have a fine game and looks to have a great engine in him. Mickey Garry was terrific, Snowy was excellent but why didn't the Coalisland back room team make a change there. Ricey continued his poor year and was just OK, didn't make any of his runs through the middle. It'll be interesting to see how these lads fair in the Ulster Club. It would be nice if a few of the lads that showed well yesterday, impressed in the Ulster Club and give Tyrone a few more options.

Off the field - very embarrasing for the county board that their spark didn't do a very good job. Power kept tripping. Impressive looking press facilities and the changing rooms look very good. Not impressed with the priest blessing of the new facilities. That should have been done privately, religion should be kept away from a show piece GAA event.

Good luck to Dromore in the Ulster club.

oneillcup2007

EC Unique

Congratulations to Dromore. Enjoy it, the first is always the best. The question now is will they be a force in Ulster? Could be on yesterdays performance or were they made look good? Congratulations also to our minors who blew Pomeroy away, The future in Errigal looks strong.

rrhf

Congrats EC on the minors, they looked a strong outfit and were never threatened alright. The match programme yesterday showed Errigal Ciaran wining 2 titles before 1993 in the 20s and 30s.  What do you attribute the lack of success to before the reformation?  How did the reformation change this if it didnt change the catchment?  There are a few who suggest that the post canavan era for Errigal will be the same as for Tyrone - cupless.   

EC Unique

clarshack

congrats to dromore, well done! would expect dromore to beat mayobridge in omagh which would mean an ulster club semi against crossmaglen. couldnt make it up to omagh for one reason or another but glad i didnt when i heard the 2 landslide results and also with the technical issues and big delay between the 2 games it just seemed like a sh*t day for the neutral. was heading through coalisland during the game and was expecting a ghost town but no - there was plenty of activity for a town that was appearing in a county final for the 1st time in 17 years - very surprised at this.

rrhf

;)
Congrats anyway.  How do the errigal and Carmen posters think dromore would have coped with any of the great Carmen and errigal teams in their pomp.  (about 8 years ago)

Over the Bar

QuoteThere are a few who suggest that the post canavan era for Errigal will be the same as for Tyrone - cupless.  

Bit like D'more for the last 80 years then. lol

QuoteDefinitely e/c are on the wane.

Unfortunately there's only one way from the top! ;)  However our current crop of minors, unbeaten in 3 championship seasons following on from being minor Ulster champions in 05 might suggest we'll be a force for a while yet!