Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skeog

thats a bit like a man who managed our club who used to say the opposition scored 10 last week so if we can get 11 we should win

supersarsfields

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on September 12, 2016, 01:36:44 PM
Quote from: Under Lights on September 12, 2016, 09:13:25 AM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on September 11, 2016, 10:10:46 PM
Quote from: Under Lights on September 11, 2016, 09:58:15 PM
Any one at carrickmore on Saturday for junior quarter finals?

Me.

Great insight to the games there.

I wasn't asked for one! I thought you were going to pose a question!

Insights.

We had a great 2nd half against Drumragh and I was very happy with the result. I was expecting it to be a lot tighter. As usual Cathal will get the headlines, and probably merited on this occasion. Some of his scores were outstanding. One at the start of the 2nd half, well I've no idea how he got it over! However Tony Devine's industry in midfield and Brendy Boggs' experience at the back were also big factors.

On Friday night we've work to do against Rock as 3 or 4 players didn't feature on Saturday and we'll need everyone man on his game to give us a chance.

Lastly- The game was very well reffed by Rambo IMO. There was one decision in the first half where Drumragh might have had a penalty that ended up being a free kick, which I was unsure what was going on, but outside of that no issues.

CNG v Clogher was an unreal game- and again well reffed for the record. Consistent with the black cards.

Its hard to describe how off the pace CNG were in the first half. 10 points down at HT and 2 x black cards, one of which was Stephen O Neill to a poor tackle, it was a case of how many a very impressive looking Clogher would win by.

However like they did to us in Glenmornan 3 weeks back and Castlederg just before that, slowly they clipped away at the lead with Damian Ball and Gareth McDermott influential. They went route one and big McGill was dominating in FF, and I was surprised that Clogher never got a 2nd man on him till very late.

It was a bit like the McGregor fight where he was great in the first half, tired in the second half and then found a 2nd win late on!

Going into injury time CNG were two points up, but their efforts caught them a little and Clogher came back with two late scores. Some controversy over the injury time- which I thought was appropriate i.e. 4 mins- and the late free to level it. Personally I thought it was a free out for a foul on the keeper. However a draw was probably fair.

I make Clogher favourites now as Gareth McDermott went off bald injured near the end. He actually got hurt retrieving a ball that was going out, with CNG scoring from the play. I can't see him making tomorrow night but you never know. As I say. Never write CNG off!

The Tatts were too strong for Glenelly who appeared to lack a bit of belief and couldn't really get into the game. They were there or thereabouts for most of the game but you never felt a shock was on.

The bookies has a Rock v Tatts final now!
Would agree with most of that. Our guys got a great start and from the first half there was little between them. Main difference was McShane. He's a fantastic talent. The score when he was, er falling down, that he hooked over the bar was brilliant. Disappointed for our boys, they've plenty of football in them, but might be a bit lightweight at the min.
With regards to the penalty, I wouldn't blame the ref. He consulted with the umpire who declared it outside the area. That's all I'll say on that!! 😡

Under Lights

Mountain Man

Anyone on here know much about Niall McElroy from Aghaloo? Very impressive against Moortown. Looked quite young but don't recall him playing on any county minor teams.
Also, Stephen Mullan from Omagh. Didn't give McAliskey much space. Similar to Danny Gorman very solid for Killyclogher again. Could be worth a look come McKenna Cup.
I'd say Mark Bradley and Sludden were the pick of the county players on show at the weekend.

Uncle Kev

Quote from: Mountain Man on September 12, 2016, 04:05:53 PM
Anyone on here know much about Niall McElroy from Aghaloo? Very impressive against Moortown. Looked quite young but don't recall him playing on any county minor teams.
Also, Stephen Mullan from Omagh. Didn't give McAliskey much space. Similar to Danny Gorman very solid for Killyclogher again. Could be worth a look come McKenna Cup.
I'd say Mark Bradley and Sludden were the pick of the county players on show at the weekend.
I went out this past two weeks in search of a marquee full forward who would fit the bill for Tyrone . The only one capable of such a role is big Dan McNulty. The man could get us goals and points frees for fun! That's yer man Mickey so treat him well !

square_ball

Quote from: Uncle Kev on September 12, 2016, 05:14:31 PM
Anyone on here know much about Niall McElroy from Aghaloo? Very impressive against Moortown. Looked quite young but don’t recall him playing on any county minor teams.
Also, Stephen Mullan from Omagh. Didn’t give McAliskey much space. Similar to Danny Gorman very solid for Killyclogher again. Could be worth a look come McKenna Cup.
I’d say Mark Bradley and Sludden were the pick of the county players on show at the weekend.
I went out this past two weeks in search of a marquee full forward who would fit the bill for Tyrone . The only one capable of such a role is big Dan McNulty. The man could get us goals and points frees for fun! That's yer man Mickey so treat him well !

Sure are you not in the running for the top job in 2018 Kev? I think you could be the man to lead us if the chairwoman gives you the chance.

redzone

Missed one from twenty yards out yesterday, ballooned 10 yards wide at least. Clonoe could come good yet, different team when Mcnulty and ohagan came on. If Colu Doris was to make it back the next day u wouldn't rule them out

ose 14

helpline how can you be an overrated underachiever?

superstar_

Ruairi Sludden and Dan McNulty I would pick out as definite senior contenders.

Daidso191

Mattie Donnelly has far from too much football played. He Was unwell yesterday and I guess it was bad timing with it being the weekend of their biggest game of the year so far. Unfortunate for a lad who devotes his life to football! More to the point what county players stood out yesterday? Justin mcmahons  player scored 2.2 from play yesterday which is worrying as he is reconsidering playing into next season for Tyrone.  Ardboe impressed me yesterday and I feel if the Agyaran whistler had have given the penalty to mcguigan it may has been a different outcome. McCullers will be a big miss in the semi final.

Club boi

Stand out players over the weekend were clearly 2 x Sluddens and Mark Bradley. Let it be said that Tyrone have been crying out for a free taker and from memory I don't think Lee Breenan missed any yesterday. Great off the ground especially when having to judge a swirling wind around Pomeroy. Some may say he's young but if he's good enough, he's old enough

Mark Bradley never stopped moving and Was constantly looking the ball. Serious player

Whoever Dromore draw might just fancy their chances with no Mc Cusker. Arguably the best Non County Player this last 5/10 years

skeog

Does Matty have flu every time he has a poor game.

twenty one yard free

Quote from: Club boi on September 12, 2016, 07:59:24 PM
Stand out players over the weekend were clearly 2 x Sluddens and Mark Bradley. Let it be said that Tyrone have been crying out for a free taker and from memory I don't think Lee Breenan missed any yesterday. Great off the ground especially when having to judge a swirling wind around Pomeroy. Some may say he's young but if he's good enough, he's old enough

Mark Bradley never stopped moving and Was constantly looking the ball. Serious player

Whoever Dromore draw might just fancy their chances with no Mc Cusker. Arguably the best Non County Player this last 5/10 years

Dede Mulgrew at 18years oul gave McCarron his fill of it yesterday

Daidso191

I have rarely witnessed Mattie having a bad game. He wasn't his usual self so it was obvious he wasn't well Skeog.
I would say a Tyrone call up would destroy Danny 'Zuko' mcnulty as he likes to be called on Facebook. Took till it straight after the game to share his delight. Not something an inter county player would do after a first round victory. Sparky Bradley and the likes keep it zipped until the medal is in the pocket.

Club boi

Quote from: twenty one yard free on September 12, 2016, 08:40:10 PM
Quote from: Club boi on September 12, 2016, 07:59:24 PM

Dede Mulgrew at 18years oul gave McCarron his fill of it yesterday

Mulgrew And Cassidy played really well for Ardboe, great runners with the ball