Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: WT4E on February 17, 2016, 10:27:14 AM
Quote from: GlenMan on February 08, 2016, 08:42:17 PM
Quote from: redzone on February 08, 2016, 05:02:51 PM
Does anybody know the exact rule. What I can gather it is once they turn 17 then they are eglible. That's going by what was proposed. This would make a big difference if it was the case

Below is some important information relating to New Age Grades in 2016.

1. NEW AGE GRADES
From 1st January 2016 the following changes to Rule 6.16 (Age Grades) apply:
- A player who wishes to play Adult Club must be over 17 years (Must be 17 before 1st January 2016)
-A player who wishes to play Adult Inter-County must be over 18 years.
-A player who wishes to play Under 21 Club must be under 21 and over 16 years.
-A player who wishes to play Inter-county Under 21 must be under 21 years and over 18 years.

Rule 6.21 (c) Inter County Players Availability to Clubs:
A player on an Inter-County minor panel shall not play in Adult Club League Competitions / Challenge Games until his Inter-County activity for the year is concluded. An inter-county panellist is defined as a player listed in a panel of 24 players on March 1st, and which may be amended and confirmed to the County Secretary on a monthly basis thereafter.

Just heard a rumour that Cork have amended the 17 year old rule so that 17 year olds can play adult but not adult championship - Anyone know if this is true and if so would Tyrone county board consider bringing it in to help small clubs field teams and develop players?

Cork have to get that rule through congress to allow it to be effective. Tyrone have actually tabled a motion to get rid of the rule altogether and that too will go to congress.

The Cork motion I think is on page 26 of the attached, but I can't see the Tyrone motion on there!

http://www.gaa.ie/mm/Document/GaaIe/GAANews/12/46/73/CongressMotions2016(29.01.2016)(1)_English.doc
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

WT4E

Would that take effect for this year?

WT4E

Sorry should have read the motion I see it says 4 weeks after congress.

driveherin

Big Sean is still on the 'Tracker' bars like........ ::) ::) ::)

Tyrone Gaa

Anybody have any clue when we can expect the fixtures to be announced and when we can expect to hear the championship draw?

Curious also of manager updates, there was a lot of blank spaces in the last manager post.  Surely all clubs now have a manager appointed for the coming season????
Living the dream!!!

Mikhailov

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on February 22, 2016, 11:18:27 AM
Anybody have any clue when we can expect the fixtures to be announced and when we can expect to hear the championship draw?

Curious also of manager updates, there was a lot of blank spaces in the last manager post.  Surely all clubs now have a manager appointed for the coming season????

this is the middle of the NFL 'county' season - do you think our county board are concerned about our clubs - not a chance...

I see plenty of young lads asked to play 2 games in 24 hours plus extra time in very difficult winter conditions in order to start our minor league which will finish on 3rd April  ??? ??? - and then they talk about burnout !!

The Golden Years

Quote from: Mikhailov on February 22, 2016, 12:33:46 PM

this is the middle of the NFL 'county' season - do you think our county board are concerned about our clubs - not a chance...

I see plenty of young lads asked to play 2 games in 24 hours plus extra time in very difficult winter conditions in order to start our minor league which will finish on 3rd April  ??? ??? - and then they talk about burnout !!

On the same note I see 3 games in Section 1B were very 1 sided. Chatting to one of our the minor management last night he stated that the Pomeroy Management Wanted to play Grade 2 this year but the county board turned their request down.  How is this meant to benefit the Pomeroy lads? Or even our lads who i am sure would rather have a bit of a contest.

redzone

Draw for champ this week as far as I know.

As regards players playing two games in 24hrs that Mcrory game for dungannon was a refixture as pitch was unplayable the previous week, but sure blame the county board anyway. I'm sure some clubs could have got it refixed for midweek in garvaghy if they were that concerned.

Tyroneforsam

Quote from: The Golden Years on February 22, 2016, 02:08:15 PM

On the same note I see 3 games in Section 1B were very 1 sided. Chatting to one of our the minor management last night he stated that the Pomeroy Management Wanted to play Grade 2 this year but the county board turned their request down.  How is this meant to benefit the Pomeroy lads? Or even our lads who i am sure would rather have a bit of a contest.

The management may well have wanted to play grade 2 football, however this same group of Pomeroy lads won the grade 2 under 14 championship four years ago, which suggests they should be playing grade 1 football. I do take your point that Carrickmore beating them by 18 points does them no good however am I right in saying the same group of Carrickmore lads won the under 16 double which also suggests they are very strong? If we could pick up two or three wins in grade 1 against stronger teams it would benefit us better than playing in grade 2. 

Mikhailov

Quote from: redzone on February 22, 2016, 02:13:55 PM

As regards players playing two games in 24hrs that Mcrory game for dungannon was a refixture as pitch was unplayable the previous week, but sure blame the county board anyway. I'm sure some clubs could have got it refixed for midweek in garvaghy if they were that concerned.

Fixed for midweek - are you mad. Sure county minor training is on Mon, Thurs and sat so how are you going to fit in a game as well - more burnout..by the way the Tyrone U17's are training the same nights also so if you have anyone involved it doesn't suit. When these lads come to 'ordinary' club training they are goosed/knackered and not fit to do anything worthwhile and IMO are better resting but that doesn't send out the right signal to the 'ordinary club' team mates so it is a catch 22 scenario. I am not against development / academy squads, I think it is a great idea but they are doing far too much IMO but of course that is up for debate and everyone may not feel the same way.

tiempo

Quote from: Tyroneforsam on February 22, 2016, 02:49:01 PM
Quote from: The Golden Years on February 22, 2016, 02:08:15 PM

The management may well have wanted to play grade 2 football, however this same group of Pomeroy lads won the grade 2 under 14 championship four years ago, which suggests they should be playing grade 1 football. I do take your point that Carrickmore beating them by 18 points does them no good however am I right in saying the same group of Carrickmore lads won the under 16 double which also suggests they are very strong? If we could pick up two or three wins in grade 1 against stronger teams it would benefit us better than playing in grade 2.

How did Omagh get into Grade 2 last year?

WT4E

Well it was discussed before and there had been a rumour going around that Omagh pleaded to get into to division 2 because they didn't think they could win div 1 which IMO goes against all grading principles!

shezam

Quote from: Mikhailov on February 22, 2016, 03:12:54 PM
Quote from: redzone on February 22, 2016, 02:13:55 PM

Fixed for midweek - are you mad. Sure county minor training is on Mon, Thurs and sat so how are you going to fit in a game as well - more burnout..by the way the Tyrone U17's are training the same nights also so if you have anyone involved it doesn't suit. When these lads come to 'ordinary' club training they are goosed/knackered and not fit to do anything worthwhile and IMO are better resting but that doesn't send out the right signal to the 'ordinary club' team mates so it is a catch 22 scenario. I am not against development / academy squads, I think it is a great idea but they are doing far too much IMO but of course that is up for debate and everyone may not feel the same way.

Plenty more of that to come, just have a look at the Ulster U17/Minor Fixtures and Minor Club League. U17/Minor fixture on Saturday, Minor Club League on Sunday. Player burnout is alive and well!

Knock Yer Mucker In

You would think with the development of match lights in the county grounds that these league games could be played mid week to stopped games being doubled at weekends. Clubs can't chose when to play with CB fixing the dates of the games and also clubs not having funding to have match lights, but with this being a long standing prevalent problem you would think this would be a simple solution, mid week county minor league games.

Tyrone Gaa

The last update posed in this forum!!  These blanks filled yet?

2016 Club managers

Division 1/SFC

Ardboe     Rouse/Coney
Augher
Carrickmore       mc elroy/loughran
Clonoe         cassidy
Coalisland    McKeever
Dromore    Meenagh
Edendork
Eglish.        Collie Holmes
Errigal Ciaran       pascal canavan
Galbally         Beattie
Greencastle     Tracey
Kildress        dillon
Killyclogher
Omagh         Strain
Strabane       Mc Nulty
Trillick          Seaney

Division 2/IFC

Aghaloo
Aghyaran        Mc Ginnity
Brackaville
Cookstown      Audi Kelly??
Derrytresk Paul Conway
Derrylaughan  O'Hagan/B Quinn
Donaghmore   Gary and Richard Hetherington
Dungannon
Eskra
Gortin
Loughmacrory heard today that new manager is Scullion from Bellaghy? First name escapes me.
Moortown
Moy
Pomeroy     Harte & O'Donnell
Stewartstown O'Kane
Urney           Langan

Division 3/JFC

Beragh
Brocagh shay Mckeown ex power screen or is it another phone prank?
Castlederg
Clann na nGael
Clogher
Dregish
Drumquin       Mc Girr
Drumragh       Gallagher
Errigal Ciaran III
Fintona
Glenelly        Mc Connell
Killeeshil
Killyman
Newtownstewart