Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TF15

Any date for the decision on championship start date? It's really important clubs know early so they can tailor their training/season around peaking at these times.

Mikhailov

Quote from: TF15 on February 06, 2016, 03:47:45 PM
Any date for the decision on championship start date? It's really important clubs know early so they can tailor their training/season around peaking at these times.

Clubs? What clubs? Our county board doesn't give a f**k about our clubs. They only worried about county stuff. Championship will be threw in whenever suits them and Mickey - we are not important to them !! That applies to all levels of club football from 12's upwards. The whole thing is for the elite and don't give a damn about the REAL people at the heart of the GAA = the club player !!

redzone

That's your opinion. Have you any thing to back it up with

Norf Tyrone

Did anyone call for a vote of no confidence in the county board at the AGM?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

redzone

Sounds like u know a bit more. It only takes one or two, till get a vote going.

It's not that long ago there was one called on Harte mid season but someone got up and talked sense into the room and got it called off. If the vote has of passed in theory Harte would have had to step down leaving the senior team in limbo pre championship.

stiffler

Any minor teams interested in a friendly , Send me a pm.

Thanks
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

WT4E

The new rule regarding U-17 not being able to play adult football is a very harsh rule on players and smaller clubs. Does anyone else feel that this is a foolish rule being imposed?

Will clubs be able to field reserves teams without them? I know in our club every now and then we produce 2/3 17 year olds that get reserve game time to progress their development and it also helps out making sure we have enough for a squad with two teams.

I think it also hinders the players as from what I know we have a few decent minors but the squad as a whole would not be that strong and aren't expected to qualify for playoffs (hopefully they will) this would then leave it that our decent 17 year olds season would be finished by end of April.

I would be worried that we could lose these lads to other sports or worst still – if they're idle they could end up trying out the social life and lose their interest in football.

I honestly don't understand the logic of this ruling – in my mind the players who are in most danger of burnout are from 18-22.

Would there be an appetite for this rule to be changed and if so is it even possible to have it changed?

The Trap

WT4E and Mikhailov, I wrote on here about these things two weeks ago and didn't receive and support so I though I was on my own. Glad you are seeing where I was coming from. Redhanddefender certainly lived up to his name as he seems to be one of these county consumed people..........the new rules on county minors not being allowed to play for THEIR club and 17 year olds not being allowed to play for THEIR club were recommended by a minor review committee and passed at last years congress. These proposals had the ELITE (I hate that word) players in mind but didn't think of how this would affect a club or a player. The following situations will almost certainly happen some clubs and players this year:

- reserve games will not go ahead as one team wont be able to field thus denying up to 25/26 lads a game of football. Will that help keep lads playing?
- a lad in the limbo age bracket will have no football to play from possibly April 2016 to February 2017. How is that helping burnout?

Meanwhile our small percentage of ELITE  (I hate that word!) players will continue to get brainwashed by Academies that have taken them away from THEIR clubs.

Knock Yer Mucker In

Trap that's right, imagine a lad who played u16 football last year, his first year in minor football. The minor league starts in a few weeks , over by June. That's it, football over for the year. If he has left school he has no football to look forward to until next April when the res/sen league starts (incredible when you think of it), if he stays at school and good enough he will be involved in Mac Rory or whatever level the school plays at. Complete disaster area. Ill thought, there are some medalling AS' in these committees.

GlenMan

Quote from: Knock Yer Mucker In on February 08, 2016, 02:09:29 PM
Trap that's right, imagine a lad who played u16 football last year, his first year in minor football. The minor league starts in a few weeks , over by June. That's it, football over for the year. If he has left school he has no football to look forward to until next April when the res/sen league starts (incredible when you think of it), if he stays at school and good enough he will be involved in Mac Rory or whatever level the school plays at. Complete disaster area. Ill thought, there are some medalling AS' in these committees.

The same scenario exists in the gap between Under 14 and Minor. Somebody slightly too old for Under 14 and far too young for minor currently has to wait 6-7 months for football (Under 16 in July).

redzone

Does anybody know the exact rule. What I can gather it is once they turn 17 then they are eglible. That's going by what was proposed. This would make a big difference if it was the case

WT4E

Quote from: redzone on February 08, 2016, 05:02:51 PM
Does anybody know the exact rule. What I can gather it is once they turn 17 then they are eglible. That's going by what was proposed. This would make a big difference if it was the case

Thats what I thought but apparently not - County Board give clarification on this lately I believe and if you weren't 17 on 1 Jan you won't be playing much football this year!

redzone

Pretty sure tyrone are going to try to get this overturned at congress. I'm sure plenty other county's feel the same

GlenMan

Quote from: redzone on February 08, 2016, 05:02:51 PM

Below is some important information relating to New Age Grades in 2016.

1. NEW AGE GRADES
From 1st January 2016 the following changes to Rule 6.16 (Age Grades) apply:
- A player who wishes to play Adult Club must be over 17 years (Must be 17 before 1st January 2016)
-A player who wishes to play Adult Inter-County must be over 18 years.
-A player who wishes to play Under 21 Club must be under 21 and over 16 years.
-A player who wishes to play Inter-county Under 21 must be under 21 years and over 18 years.

Rule 6.21 (c) Inter County Players Availability to Clubs:
A player on an Inter-County minor panel shall not play in Adult Club League Competitions / Challenge Games until his Inter-County activity for the year is concluded. An inter-county panellist is defined as a player listed in a panel of 24 players on March 1st, and which may be amended and confirmed to the County Secretary on a monthly basis thereafter.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: TF15 on February 06, 2016, 03:47:45 PM
Last weekend in May/ first weekend in June apparently
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either