Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: LeoMc on February 05, 2016, 09:43:07 PM
Quote from: Mikhailov on February 05, 2016, 02:31:08 PM
Quote from: GlenMan on February 05, 2016, 01:48:28 PM
Proposal from CCC presented last night to go back to a 4 division league- Div 1A, 1B, 2 & 3 - from 2018.

It would mean that there will be four league divisions but only three Championship grades (Championship remaining Junior, Inter, Senior).

In all divisions each team will play each other, home and away, with County Senior Players available for at least one of these games. There will be no end of season relegation/promotion play offs.

Not a bad idea in principle but it wont work. 4 divisions = 4 x 12 if I understand correctly. You claim that each team plays H&A so there are 22 games and county players are GUARANTEED to play minimum 11 - sure at the minute they only play 10 when you take into consideration the starred games. The county situation is getting worse not better so there is no way MH or whoever is manager is going to release them for MORE games. This scenario is heading down the same track as club rugby in Ireland - you NEVER see the elite rugby player playing for their club (Dungannon, Ballymena, Instonians etc) and he only plays for his province when recovering from injury or when the Ireland season is over. Unfortunately we are heading the same way fast !
It was tried before and we moved away from it. Now with increased restrictions being imposed by all County managers it becomes even less likely to work.

There will be no workable solution on the IC season is streamlined and shortened.
This is the way it was up until 2008 when it was changed to what we have now.
It ended up with a  load of games crammed in and several 'double weekends' over the course of the season with teams playing Friday night & Sunday.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Redhand Santa

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on February 09, 2016, 12:17:11 PM
Proposal from CCC presented last night to go back to a 4 division league- Div 1A, 1B, 2 & 3 - from 2018.

It would mean that there will be four league divisions but only three Championship grades (Championship remaining Junior, Inter, Senior).

In all divisions each team will play each other, home and away, with County Senior Players available for at least one of these games. There will be no end of season relegation/promotion play offs.

Not a bad idea in principle but it wont work. 4 divisions = 4 x 12 if I understand correctly. You claim that each team plays H&A so there are 22 games and county players are GUARANTEED to play minimum 11 - sure at the minute they only play 10 when you take into consideration the starred games. The county situation is getting worse not better so there is no way MH or whoever is manager is going to release them for MORE games. This scenario is heading down the same track as club rugby in Ireland - you NEVER see the elite rugby player playing for their club (Dungannon, Ballymena, Instonians etc) and he only plays for his province when recovering from injury or when the Ireland season is over. Unfortunately we are heading the same way fast !
It was tried before and we moved away from it. Now with increased restrictions being imposed by all County managers it becomes even less likely to work.

There will be no workable solution on the IC season is streamlined and shortened.
It ended up with a  load of games crammed in and several 'double weekends' over the course of the season with teams playing Friday night & Sunday.

Surely it should be better than the current situation? The biggest issue will be whether clubs will accept not having their county players for half of the league games as opposed to a third at the minute. But one of the biggest complaints at the minute is the big gap between games. This will effectively give an extra 7 starred games allowing regular fixtures through the season when the county players aren't there and during the better weather. Given the breaks in May - August for county games there should be plenty of time to play the 7 games. The one extra one with the county players could be slightly tougher.

Would it be an idea to give 3 points for a win for the games that the county players played in? This could make it slightly fairer for the teams with county players.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Redhand Santa on February 09, 2016, 02:09:05 PM

Surely it should be better than the current situation? The biggest issue will be whether clubs will accept not having their county players for half of the league games as opposed to a third at the minute. But one of the biggest complaints at the minute is the big gap between games. This will effectively give an extra 7 starred games allowing regular fixtures through the season when the county players aren't there and during the better weather. Given the breaks in May - August for county games there should be plenty of time to play the 7 games. The one extra one with the county players could be slightly tougher.

Would it be an idea to give 3 points for a win for the games that the county players played in? This could make it slightly fairer for the teams with county players.

And that is why I would be surprised if it gets enough support to go through.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Redhand Santa

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on February 09, 2016, 03:18:02 PM
Quote from: Redhand Santa on February 09, 2016, 02:09:05 PM

And that is why I would be surprised if it gets enough support to go through.

Would my suggestion of giving 3 points for a win in the games the county players play help? This would mean they'd be available for games with 60% of the points up for grabs which closes the gap on the two thirds they're currently available for. You could even have 5 points for a win with county players and 3 points without them which closes it further. I know its slightly more complicated but to me it would be fairer for the clubs with county players and still allow a set of meaningful fixtures right throughout the season.

redzone

Would u honestly back a league were a team with no county players could only get 2pts for a win and another team with county players could get 3 pts for a win.

redzone

So if green castle happened to win all there games they would have 44pts.
Dromore, killyclogher, Omagh and clonoe all could lose a few games and still pip the castle into the semi finals of the league.

redzone

Eh castle are u21 champs. It could happen.more likely to fall back into div3 but u never know

Redhand Santa

You've picked up what I'm saying wrong. There would be 11 starred games, with 2 points for a win here. There would be 11 non starred games, with 3 points for a win in those games. Teams wouldn't get a different number of points. It would make the non starred games slightly more important but certainly not enough to make the starred ones meaningless.

Mikhailov

Quote from: redzone on February 09, 2016, 06:00:39 PM
Eh castle are u21 champs. It could happen.more likely to fall back into div3 but u never know

Are they U21 champs?? Greencastle solid team, can't see them back in div 3 for a long time

redzone

Ah i get u now r.s.  Are they div2 u21 champs or was that last year. No they won't be going back to div 3. I was just saying they would be more chance of them going there than winning all games.

A 12 team div 1a would be quite competitive that's for sure, but it didnt work the last time.

driveherin

Quote from: Redhand Santa on February 09, 2016, 08:10:04 PM
You've picked up what I'm saying wrong. There would be 11 starred games, with 2 points for a win here. There would be 11 non starred games, with 3 points for a win in those games. Teams wouldn't get a different number of points. It would make the non starred games slightly more important but certainly not enough to make the starred ones meaningless.
LOL I'm pretty sure they were beat in Div 2 U21 final in 2015 by the guts of 10points....by Edendork possibly?

oakleafgael

Any opinions on the other proposal regarding youth transfers from the CCC that was sent out along with the proposed league structures?

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: oakleafgael on February 10, 2016, 04:44:19 PM
Any opinions on the other proposal regarding youth transfers from the CCC that was sent out along with the proposed league structures?

Is that for temporary sanctions?
I think that has actually been agreed as opposed to a proposal.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

GaelTheGael

Quote from: driveherin on February 10, 2016, 09:26:56 AM
Quote from: Redhand Santa on February 09, 2016, 08:10:04 PM
LOL I'm pretty sure they were beat in Div 2 U21 final in 2015 by the guts of 10points....by Edendork possibly?
Won 4 under 21 championships in last 7 years and beaten in two finals in the same time.

WT4E

Quote from: GlenMan on February 08, 2016, 08:42:17 PM
Quote from: redzone on February 08, 2016, 05:02:51 PM
Does anybody know the exact rule. What I can gather it is once they turn 17 then they are eglible. That's going by what was proposed. This would make a big difference if it was the case

Below is some important information relating to New Age Grades in 2016.

1. NEW AGE GRADES
From 1st January 2016 the following changes to Rule 6.16 (Age Grades) apply:
- A player who wishes to play Adult Club must be over 17 years (Must be 17 before 1st January 2016)
-A player who wishes to play Adult Inter-County must be over 18 years.
-A player who wishes to play Under 21 Club must be under 21 and over 16 years.
-A player who wishes to play Inter-county Under 21 must be under 21 years and over 18 years.

Rule 6.21 (c) Inter County Players Availability to Clubs:
A player on an Inter-County minor panel shall not play in Adult Club League Competitions / Challenge Games until his Inter-County activity for the year is concluded. An inter-county panellist is defined as a player listed in a panel of 24 players on March 1st, and which may be amended and confirmed to the County Secretary on a monthly basis thereafter.

Just heard a rumour that Cork have amended the 17 year old rule so that 17 year olds can play adult but not adult championship - Anyone know if this is true and if so would Tyrone county board consider bringing it in to help small clubs field teams and develop players?