Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hoopsaaa

dromore vs cookstown
island vs donaghmore

new devil

hoopsaaa

clarshack

hope fianna win it now. thinking ahead to the ulster club champ and what team would you want representing tyrone against teams such as mayobrige, ballinderry and cross? the fianna would be the only team left that would cut it for me. if the other 3 teams won it they would just be happy to win tyrone but the fianna had a good run in ulster in 1989 - therefore the present bunch would want to prove themselves in ulster as well. i know it is a different level but when stewartstown won the tyrone junior in 2004 everyone was back flat out training the same week simply because we werent happy with just a tyrone title. every tyrone team should have this attitude when going into ulster at senior, intermediate and junior levels.

hoopsaaa

Agree that the isalnd look the best team left. But i wonder how they will react to a more physical team ??? ???

hoopsaaa

Don't forget the current AI club champs The Castle. The first team from Tyrone to be all Ireland club champs ;D

clarshack

Quote from: hoopsaaa on September 07, 2007, 10:22:43 PM
Don't forget the current AI club champs The Castle. The first team from Tyrone to be all Ireland club champs ;D

how could i forget the castle's all-ireland! remember errigal, pomeroy (do brackaville count?), stewartstown & greencastle are the only clubs with ulster titles at adult level. we should be doing better!

BTW hoopsaaa are greencastle taking part in the all ireland junior sevens?

tyroneboi

Quote from: clarshack on September 07, 2007, 10:36:24 PM

how could i forget the castle's all-ireland! remember errigal, pomeroy (do brackaville count?), stewartstown & greencastle are the only clubs with ulster titles at adult level. we should be doing better!

yeah brackaville definitely count - wud have fancied us for the All Ireland that year if it had of existed we were absolutely flying!!

hoopsaaa

Quote from: clarshack on September 07, 2007, 10:36:24 PM
Quote from: hoopsaaa on September 07, 2007, 10:22:43 PM

Not sure- that would be one for Ziggy. Me living in exile in Tyrone :'(

hoopsaaa

But of all the teams left at senior level the Island look the best to progress in Ulster and the AI club. Not sure if they can win SFC in Tyrone.  In Tyrone the county championship comes first for most clubs. The Ulster and All Ireland clubs are down the road. The Castle would swap the AI Junior for 1 Tyrone SFC.

sam03/05

I think Cookstown could be the surprise package this year.
They will have no fear of Dromore in the semi finals and have a lot of talent in their squad.

orangeman

Just back from Omagh - better side won on the night - I was amazed that Errigal were so inept in various parts of the filed - but fair play to Donaghmore who fullt deserved their win - I thought they over relied on Mc Ginn - If Mickey Harte was at the match I'm sure he'll be having a think about him.

Donaghmore and Dromore final for me.

hoopsaaa

Quote from: cross4capital on September 07, 2007, 10:56:23 PM
total crap hoops

Thanks for your deep and meaningful input. Thought provoking, forward thinking like this is most welcome on the board. Perhaps Hogan Stand would appreciate ur views.

Its Hoopsaa not hoops.

orangeman