Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hoopsaaa

Quote from: orangeman on September 07, 2007, 11:27:25 PM
Were you in Omagh hoopsa ?

No. I was working. Up to me eyes at the minute. New Biz. My biz partner has a v sick child. So putting in big hours. No complanits though. Using the board for my GAA fix at present. But i have watched a few matches this year. Best i seen was Lough vs Kildress in the league. Only SFC team i have not seen is Donaghmore.

orangeman

hoopsaaa

New name is what is needed. Freshen things up a bit. Helps club and county. Cannot say i would begrude any of the last 4. Carmen just lurking in the background for next year. ::)

orangeman

I'd say Carmen are kicking themselves - but then again, we thought we'd have beat Cookstown and could have been in last 4 as well - but there you go !

hoopsaaa

Carmen i would say are happy enough. Licking their wounds and seeing EC falling. Thye have a few players on the verge of getting ?? county medals. So they may roll on for another year. Defo was a year for the Orangemen to have a stab but Mc Guigan is a massive loss. Just shows how much u need lady luck on ur side.

KIDDO

What was your prediction snapperied.

hoopsaaa

Quote from: KIDDO on September 07, 2007, 11:57:03 PM
What was your prediction snapperied.

Jasus u boyz from the lough don't forget ::)

Redhandfan

Not the greatest of games in Omagh tonight, but a great result for Donaghmore.  rrhf will be smiling from ear to ear.  His team fully deserved their two point win and, had it not been for some wayward shooting in the first half, could have won this match a lot more comfortably.  

Niall McGinn and Seamus Mulgrew wreaked havoc on an Errigal defence which sorely missed the presence of Paul Quinn and Cormac and Emmett McGinley.  Only Davy Harte at CHB looked assured for Errigal at the back.  I lost count the number of times Errigal gave the ball away coming out of defence.  They were very poor in this department.  Donaghmore, on the other hand, were defensively very sound.  

Daisy McDermott's place-kicking helped keep Errigal in contention throughout the first half and the introduction of Peter The Great shortly after half-time looked as if it might turn the game in favour of the defending champions.  Generally, however, Errigal had too many shortcomings and they were a pale shadow of the team which won the title last year.  Ok, they were missing a number of key players but they clearly lack strength in depth.  It was the likes of the Canavan brothers and Enda McGinley who were their most prominent performers in the closing stages of tonight's game.  Their young stars simply failed to shine, which must be a worry.  Peter and Pascal Canavan, Hugh Quinn and Peter Loughran may not be around to steer the Errigal ship next season.

On another note, hats off to the County Board for organising the gate collection for the Spirit of Paul McGirr charity which raised upwards of £4500.  On the down side, tonight, most of the attendance leaving the ground had to be diverted because of some stupid silly march by our Unionist brethren.  What are those pricks doing marching at this time of the year and night anyway????  

hoopsaaa

Quote from: Redhandfan on September 07, 2007, 11:59:49 PM
Not the greatest of games in Omagh tonight, but a great result for Donaghmore.  rrhf will be smiling from ear to ear.  His team fully deserved their two point win and, had it not been for some wayward shooting in the first half, could have won this match a lot more comfortably.  

Niall McGinn and Seamus Mulgrew wreaked havoc on an Errigal defence which sorely missed the presence of Paul Quinn and Cormac and Emmett McGinley.  Only Davy Harte at CHB looked assured for Errigal at the back.  I lost count the number of times Errigal gave the ball away coming out of defence.  They were very poor in this department.  Donaghmore, on the other hand, were defensively very sound.  

Daisy McDermott's place-kicking helped keep Errigal in contention throughout the first half and the introduction of Peter The Great shortly after half-time looked as if it might turn the game in favour of the defending champions.  Generally, however, Errigal had too many shortcomings and they were a pale shadow of the team which won the title last year.  Ok, they were missing a number of key players but they clearly lack strength in depth.  It was the likes of the Canavan brothers and Enda McGinley who were their most prominent performers in the closing stages of tonight's game.  Their young stars simply failed to shine, which must be a worry.  Peter and Pascal Canavan, Hugh Quinn and Peter Loughran may not be around to steer the Errigal ship next season.

On another note, hats off to the County Board for organising the gate collection for the Spirit of Paul McGirr charity which raised upwards of £4500.  On the down side, tonight, most of the attendance leaving the ground had to be diverted because of some stupid silly march by our Unionist brethren.  What are those pricks doing marching at this time of the year and night anyway????  

Now now if we were marching round Croker on Sunday there would be no complaints ::)

clarshack

surely hugh quinn cant still be playing for errigal seniors? if he is the whole errigals 3rd setup must be a complete joke. dont get me wrong he was a great player in his prime but he must be 40 now FFS!

Redhandfan

Quote from: clarshack on September 08, 2007, 12:26:30 AM
surely hugh quinn cant still be playing?

Oh, yes, he is.  Hugh came on at half-time but was replaced late in the second half by another golden oldie, Peter Loughran!

Quote from: orangeman on September 07, 2007, 11:04:17 PM
Just back from Omagh - better side won on the night - I was amazed that Errigal were so inept in various parts of the filed - but fair play to Donaghmore who fullt deserved their win - I thought they over relied on Mc Ginn - If Mickey Harte was at the match I'm sure he'll be having a think about him.

Donaghmore and Dromore final for me.

Mickey Harte was definitely at the match and I have no doubt he would have been impressed with McGinn.  The guy is a class act but it remains to be seen whether or not he can give full commitment to the Tyrone cause next season.

There are two very interesting semi-finals now ahead.  I tipped Dromore to win the Senior Championship at the start of the year and I don't see any reason to change my prediction now.  Cookstown will need Mugsy to be fully fit to stand a chance of defeating Noel McGinn's men in the last four.  In the other semi, a great East Tyrone battle awaits.  It could really go either way, but Donaghmore's defeat of Errigal tonight might just be the boost they need to see off a keen Coalisland challenge.  I forecast a Dromore v Donaghmore decider, with Ricey and co finally getting their hands on the O'Neill Cup.

It is definitely refreshing to see a Tyrone SFC semi-final line-up without the so-called 'big two', Errigal and Carmen.  It really is wide open at this stage but, like some previous posters, I would be a bit concerned that this year's champions will struggle to make an impact in the Ulster Club Championship.  There is no doubt that Coalisland and Dromore would be best equipped to represent Tyrone in the provincial series.  Whoever it happens to be, though, will have my full support!

hoopsaaa

Where's ma boots?? Do u get shorts in a 40"? What about a a regal at half time is that still alright?

clarshack

Quote from: Redhandfan on September 08, 2007, 12:29:56 AM
Quote from: clarshack on September 08, 2007, 12:26:30 AM
surely hugh quinn cant still be playing?

Oh, yes, he is.  Hugh came on at half-time but was replaced late in the second half by another golden oldie, Peter Loughran!

if a junior or intermediate team did this theyd be saying that team had no future!

hoopsaaa

Over the Bar

Quotesurely hugh quinn cant still be playing for errigal seniors? if he is the whole errigals 3rd setup must be a complete joke. dont get me wrong he was a great player in his prime but he must be 40 now FFS!

37.  Bit to go yet!