Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jp2020

Quote from: Wee Roddy on December 16, 2015, 03:56:17 PM
Hughes article is all the more laughable when he has McGeeny included in the past 15 years and not Canavan because Canavan retired in 2005.  Any one who hasn't Conor Gormley in a team of the past 15 year is having a laugh. Eamon O'Hara............DEAR OH DEAR
Wouldn't be annoyed about the Mcgeeney inclusion, but McCabe, OHara, Shields, Bradley and f**king King Benny!!! I think hes obviously trying to step into Heaneys shoes by being controversial!
No canavan, gormley, mcguigan, mcdonnell, any O'Se's - laughable! Really surprised he didnt have CJ McGourty on it! Ffs

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: The Trap on December 16, 2015, 07:39:37 PM
I think the rule barring county minors from the clubs may prove controversial when some small clubs suffer because of it..........we will just have to wait and see I guess...........

We're fucked. We've 2 x minors and a county senior next year.

Did Tyrone vote last night to quash the rule that congress brought in last year or voted against quashing it? There appears to be confusion.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

shezam

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on December 16, 2015, 11:33:42 PM
I think the rule barring county minors from the clubs may prove controversial when some small clubs suffer because of it..........we will just have to wait and see I guess...........

Did Tyrone vote last night to quash the rule that congress brought in last year or voted against quashing it? There appears to be confusion.

Tyrone voted to have the rule deleted.

Knock Yer Mucker In

Can any of you clarify, if  a minor goes to the county which then means he can't play for club seniors, if he leaves the panel does that mean he then becomes eligible for senior?

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: shezam on December 17, 2015, 08:14:51 AM

That's what someone at the AGM told me too. However this is Teamtalk's tweet.

"Teamtalkmag.com ‏@teamtalkmagLIVE  Dec 15
Motion 4 - That NO County Minors can play for adult club teams during the county competition time.  PASSED"

The Golden Years

Hughes article is all the more laughable when he has McGeeny included in the past 15 years and not Canavan because Canavan retired in 2005.  Any one who hasn't Conor Gormley in a team of the past 15 year is having a laugh. Eamon O'Hara............DEAR OH DEAR

Farce of a team with no Canavan on it with a few strange selections elsewhere as well. 

Not sure i would have Conor Gormley on my team this past 15 years Wee Roddy.  If he was to make it, it would be in the half back line but to me the half back line would be Tomas O Se, McGeeney and Jordan.  I know this sounds blasphemous from a Carrickmore man but i am being honest with my views and my opinions.  This is not taking away from the fact that i also think Conor is a great player.

redhandefender

Quote from: The Golden Years on December 17, 2015, 10:58:09 AM

Farce of a team with no Canavan on it with a few strange selections elsewhere as well. 

Not sure i would have Conor Gormley on my team this past 15 years Wee Roddy.  If he was to make it, it would be in the half back line but to me the half back line would be Tomas O Se, McGeeney and Jordan.  I know this sounds blasphemous from a Carrickmore man but i am being honest with my views and my opinions.  This is not taking away from the fact that i also think Conor is a great player.

The guy hates tyrone and he picked 4 players I think so he was never gonna pick about 6 tyrone players. who cares anyway, his first headline last year was " Tyrone, welcome to mediocracy " Tyrone went out and beat Mayo the week after and Down got beat by the Rossies

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on December 17, 2015, 10:08:10 AM

Motion 4 - That NO County Minors can play for adult club teams during the county competition time.  PASSED"

Tyrone County passed the motion that Tyrone as a county should request that this rule be removed at Congress.  The rule will still stand unless Congress support the request from Tyrone.  I hope that makes sense.  If congress reject Tyrone's motion then minor players involved with the county wont be eligible to play club league games until the county exit the championship.
Living the dream!!!

The Trap

I will take on Danny Hughes with this team:
Cluxton, Marc O'Se, Moynihan, Keith Higgins, Tomas O'Se, Cian O'Sullivan, Jordan, Dara O'Se, S Cavanagh, Dooher, Cooper, McConville, Canavan, Murphy, B Brogan

The Golden Years

Quote from: The Trap on December 17, 2015, 01:24:50 PM
Cluxton, Marc O'Se, Moynihan, Keith Higgins, Tomas O'Se, Cian O'Sullivan, Jordan, Dara O'Se, S Cavanagh, Dooher, Cooper, McConville, Canavan, Murphy, B Brogan

Mine would be:
Cluxton. M O Se, Moynihan, K Lacey, T O Se, McGeeney, Jordan, D O Se, Cavanagh, Dooher, Declan o Sullivan, P Flynn, Cooper, Canavan, B Brogan.

Snapchap

Quote from: The Golden Years on December 17, 2015, 01:54:21 PM
Quote from: The Trap on December 17, 2015, 01:24:50 PM

Mine would be:
Cluxton. M O Se, Moynihan, K Lacey, T O Se, McGeeney, Jordan, D O Se, Cavanagh, Dooher, Declan o Sullivan, P Flynn, Cooper, Canavan, B Brogan.

Any 'Team of the Last 15 Years' that doesn't have Canavan and Gormely on it, is null and void from the discussion.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on December 17, 2015, 12:10:38 PM

Tyrone County passed the motion that Tyrone as a county should request that this rule be removed at Congress.  The rule will still stand unless Congress support the request from Tyrone.  I hope that makes sense.  If congress reject Tyrone's motion then minor players involved with the county wont be eligible to play club league games until the county exit the championship.

100pc.

I take it Teamtalks tweet is wrong then.

W.A.G. Lover

We have already discussed the situation regarding the County minors and playing Club Senior Football, can anyone on this board clarify the situation regarding 17 year olds playing senior football? To my memory there was a proposal to introduce that rule this year. Very surprised smaller clubs have not tried to object to this!

shezam

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on December 17, 2015, 11:14:57 PM
Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on December 17, 2015, 12:10:38 PM

100pc.

I take it Teamtalks tweet is wrong then.

Yes I think they just worded it wrong.

shezam

Quote from: W.A.G. Lover on December 18, 2015, 09:50:55 AM
We have already discussed the situation regarding the County minors and playing Club Senior Football, can anyone on this board clarify the situation regarding 17 year olds playing senior football? To my memory there was a proposal to introduce that rule this year. Very surprised smaller clubs have not tried to object to this!

17 year olds can no longer play adult football/hurling for their club.

Beginning next year a player must have reached his 18th year before he can now play adult football/hurling.