Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tommo2

Quote from: WT4E on December 22, 2015, 10:43:13 AM
Did he not win a county title with Carmen?

Maybe even 2 with Carmen.

Keyboard Warrior

Quote from: Tommo2 on December 22, 2015, 12:01:49 PM

I think Dom Corrigan has won a fair few championships all over the place.

Gaffer

Quote from: Man Marker on December 22, 2015, 11:37:21 AM
Quote from: Gaffer on December 21, 2015, 11:16:56 PM
Quote from: Bo Man on December 21, 2015, 07:34:54 PM
Quote from: The Sweeper.com on December 21, 2015, 03:29:02 PM
The Securicor van was seen coming out of Killyclogher GAA grounds at Ballinamullan over the weekend.

Its now safe to assume Dom Corrigan has been appointed as their new manager.

keeping up his reputation for $$$$$

hear 10 was mentioned up front

Why would any club give him anything? What has he won of note?

yesterday's man I would have thought!!

He was manager of Clontibret last season when they won the Monaghan senior championship beating a very fancied Scotstown team, care to explain how you view him as yesterdays man? I think its a very good appointment.

Hasn't featured in Ulster competition at all. If you are paying big bucks which is suggested here you want someone who will take you well beyond county championship
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

Man Marker

If he had of taken some of the big clubs in Derry like Ballinderry or Slaughneil you could have levelled that at him, but outside of a dominant Cross and St Galls what other manager has featured. Tyrone, Cavan, Monaghan, Fermanagh and Donegal  never count in Ulster. I am sure Killyclogher would be more than happy with a county title. I smell prejudice.

Uncle Kev

Quote from: Keyboard Warrior on December 22, 2015, 12:19:17 PM
Quote from: Tommo2 on December 22, 2015, 12:01:49 PM

I think Dom Corrigan has won a fair few championships all over the place.
Dominic is a bit lak Sinn Fein ! An awful greed in him for the GBP!

Mikhailov

No surprise that Corrigan is getting big money as he gets it wherever he goes plus some extras according to reports - got a car at a previous club for winning a championship.

Also hearing reports that the Securicor van will be needed at the Plunketts to take the cash Harte & O'Donnell are seemingly getting. Are these not the two lads walked away from Tullylish because they knew they were going to get hammered in Div1 in Down ????

redzone

u spout some rubbish so u do Kev. Any word on who is training Omagh now Barry McGinn is gone. Dom will be a good app for killyclogher but it crazy money if it's true, which I'm sure it is. Should the old cup games be brought back, Jim Devlin and co. May as well play in them as the Ulster league and challenge games. Think it will be a cracking year ahead of football for club and county

Gaffer

Quote from: Man Marker on December 22, 2015, 06:04:57 PM
If he had of taken some of the big clubs in Derry like Ballinderry or Slaughneil you could have levelled that at him, but outside of a dominant Cross and St Galls what other manager has featured. Tyrone, Cavan, Monaghan, Fermanagh and Donegal  never count in Ulster. I am sure Killyclogher would be more than happy with a county title. I smell prejudice.

Did the 'big' clubs want him though? Maybe same opinion of him that I have!! If I had big bucks to pay out I would be looking at the guys who have won or came close to ulster eg mcgleenan
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

SuperHo

Barry mcginn is back with omagh this year.

As for corrigan.....
I despair for our wee club sometimes.   Gettin as bad as omey thinkin we're bigger than we are. At least they will always have 2014.

Max Payne

Quote from: omagh_gael on December 19, 2015, 10:34:57 PM
Quote from: ONeill on December 13, 2015, 10:52:38 PM
Quote from: Uncle Kev on December 12, 2015, 02:30:20 AM
Quote from: driveherin on December 11, 2015, 11:04:19 AM
2016 Club managers

Division 1/SFC

Ardboe     Rouse/Coney
Augher
Carrickmore       mc elroy/loughran
Clonoe         cassidy
Coalisland    McKeever
Dromore    Meenagh
Edendork
Eglish.        Collie Holmes
Errigal Ciaran       pascal canavan
Galbally         Beattie
Greencastle     Tracey
Kildress        dillon
Killyclogher
Omagh         Strain
Strabane       Mc Nulty
Trillick          Seaney

Division 2/IFC

Aghaloo
Aghyaran        Mc Ginnity
Brackaville
Cookstown      collins
Derrytresk
Derrylaughan  O'Hagan/B Quinn
Donaghmore   Gary and Richard Hetherington
Dungannon
Eskra
Gortin
Loughmacrory heard today that new manager is Scullion from Bellaghy? First name escapes me.
Moortown
Moy
Pomeroy     Harte & O'Donnell
Stewartstown O'Kane
Urney           Langan

Division 3/JFC

Beragh
Brocagh shay Mckeown ex power screen or is it another phone prank?
Castlederg
Clann na nGael
Clogher
Dregish
Drumquin       Mc Girr
Drumragh       Gallagher
Errigal Ciaran III
Fintona
Glenelly        Mc Connell
Killeeshil
Killyman
Newtownstewart
Owen Roes
Rock
T***yreagh  McHugh(Brackaville)

Derrytresk - Paul Conway

Tyroneforsam

Quote from: Mikhailov on December 22, 2015, 10:54:53 PM
No surprise that Corrigan is getting big money as he gets it wherever he goes plus some extras according to reports - got a car at a previous club for winning a championship.

Also hearing reports that the Securicor van will be needed at the Plunketts to take the cash Harte & O'Donnell are seemingly getting. Are these not the two lads walked away from Tullylish because they knew they were going to get hammered in Div1 in Down ????

I wouldn't give two sh**es if Harte and o'donnell walk so long as they get us to division one. I believe it would be easier to get the four wins to stay up in div 1 than get promotion out of div 2.

Mikhailov

Quote from: Tyroneforsam on December 23, 2015, 09:50:38 AM

I wouldn't give two sh**es if Harte and o'donnell walk so long as they get us to division one. I believe it would be easier to get the four wins to stay up in div 1 than get promotion out of div 2

I can't agree with that at all. Firstly, I believe this was first year that -8 points got you relegated if in 13th place in div1. Normally third from bottom needs 10/11 points to get the play off spot. Trillick got relegated on 12 two seasons ago I think but in normal seasons you certainly need double figures to have a chance of survival. The target mark is always 11/12 points

Secondly, I am sure the Plunketts would be delighted if they go up but annoyed if their management walked away - that wouldn't show much trust or belief in the capability of the club or playing squad if the management didn't stay for div1 campaign

Tyroneforsam

Quote from: Mikhailov on December 23, 2015, 10:37:09 AM
Quote from: Tyroneforsam on December 23, 2015, 09:50:38 AM

I wouldn't give two sh**es if Harte and o'donnell walk so long as they get us to division one. I believe it would be easier to get the four wins to stay up in div 1 than get promotion out of div 2

I can't agree with that at all. Firstly, I believe this was first year that -8 points got you relegated if in 13th place in div1. Normally third from bottom needs 10/11 points to get the play off spot. Trillick got relegated on 12 two seasons ago I think but in normal seasons you certainly need double figures to have a chance of survival. The target mark is always 11/12 points

Secondly, I am sure the Plunketts would be delighted if they go up but annoyed if their management walked away - that wouldn't show much trust or belief in the capability of the club or playing squad if the management didn't stay for div1 campaign

Whether it takes 4 or 5 wins to stay up I still believe that would be more managable than gaining promotion out of division 2, especially as teams tend to throw points towards the end of the season.

For the record, it is you that is speculating they could leave if they achieved promotion,not me. Talk of promotion at this stage is crazy, more so due to the fact we have continuously failed to deliver with the undoubted potential in the squad.

ose 14

corrigan is getting a percentage of the merchandising rights 10p per flag and 20p per scarf. he will also get a tree planted in the gortin glens and the freedom of mountfield if he lands the big one. harte and co are taking no money it wouldnt be right.

Uncle Kev

Quote from: ose 14 on December 24, 2015, 10:00:34 PM
corrigan is getting a percentage of the merchandising rights 10p per flag and 20p per scarf. he will also get a tree planted in the gortin glens and the freedom of mountfield if he lands the big one. harte and co are taking no money it wouldnt be right.
wonder did he ever feel like a turkey ?