Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyrone95

Carmen have experienced a lot of defeats in major finals since 2005. (League and Championship) Can't help but think they aren't far away. Rumours of Big Oz joining the back room team for next year can only be a positive. No motivation needed when hearing him speak

rrhf

Fair play to clonoe. They have a great group there and the relentless commitment of Carmen to the cause is an example to any club.

everymanaman

Quote from: Tyrone95 on November 10, 2015, 07:29:22 PM
Carmen have experienced a lot of defeats in major finals since 2005. (League and Championship) Can't help but think they aren't far away. Rumours of Big Oz joining the back room team for next year can only be a positive. No motivation needed when hearing him speak

Hear Ryan Porter being lined up as trainer. Love the last line you wrote. Does he need to speak to motivate the players or do they just look at him?

GaelTheGael

Quote from: Tyrone95 on November 10, 2015, 07:29:22 PM
A lot of those defeats has to be looked at as underachievement. To reach as many finals as they have and not won has to be unacceptable for a club like Carrickmore.

Wee Roddy

Porter appears to be happening but Big Oz wouldn't be interested in a full time role. He has been coaching the goalies for a few years now but that is about it. A few years down the line maybe but he feels he is too close to the players yet...anyway his cub is now the goalie

square_ball

Quote from: Wee Roddy on November 11, 2015, 10:45:29 AM
Porter appears to be happening but Big Oz wouldn't be interested in a full time role. He has been coaching the goalies for a few years now but that is about it. A few years down the line maybe but he feels he is too close to the players yet...anyway his cub is now the goalie

Is that in addition to taking Monaghan as well? Is big Oz still at the rugby? Thought i seen his name in the paper a few weeks ago.

LeoMc

Quote from: skeog on November 10, 2015, 05:32:06 PM
easy to put up big scores no players with county playing teams who have
That is why we have starred games.

Tyrone95

I would imagine Big Oz will not be too far away, the shear presence alone standing along the sideline would be enough to rattle a few 'townie' teams perhaps. Whether that be as a water boy or selector!!

The Golden Years

Quote from: square_ball on November 11, 2015, 11:25:01 AM
Quote from: Wee Roddy on November 11, 2015, 10:45:29 AM

Is that in addition to taking Monaghan as well? Is big Oz still at the rugby? Thought i seen his name in the paper a few weeks ago.

I dont know your source Wee Roddy but from what I am hearing Porter doesnt appear to be happening.  Heard the club has decided not pursue him.  A mistake IMO.  Our club has been lost for a decent coach. I also think big Oz wouldnt be suited to a role along the line.  To volatile and wouldnt have the tactical awareness for the role.  A goal keeping coach through all ages would be a great role for him within the club.

Tyrone95

Carmen last played the best football under the coaching of Paddy Tally, and arguabley the better team lost on county final day vs Omagh. A young coach with modern day tactics is required i.e Tally/Porter etc - Not easy to get though

Man Marker

Quote from: Tyrone95 on November 11, 2015, 03:45:57 PM
Carmen last played the best football under the coaching of Paddy Tally, and arguabley the better team lost on county final day vs Omagh. A young coach with modern day tactics is required i.e Tally/Porter etc - Not easy to get though

They had a young coach, i.e. Enda Gromley, they didn't want to play the modern day tactics he was coaching, got rid of him 'to play the Carmen way'

In hiding

Does anyone else think it's strange at the amount of new users on the site. Do many people have more than one username

Man Marker

Quote from: In hiding on November 11, 2015, 03:54:32 PM
Does anyone else think it's strange at the amount of new users on the site. Do many people have more than one username

the irony of a newbie poster  ;D :P

In hiding

Quote from: Man Marker on November 11, 2015, 04:04:02 PM
Quote from: In hiding on November 11, 2015, 03:54:32 PM

the irony of a newbie poster  ;D :P
I have two, just curious about the rest of the population 😊

The Golden Years

Quote from: Man Marker on November 11, 2015, 03:51:32 PM
Quote from: Tyrone95 on November 11, 2015, 03:45:57 PM

They had a young coach, i.e. Enda Gromley, they didn't want to play the modern day tactics he was coaching, got rid of him 'to play the Carmen way'

Enda Gormley was got rid of due to his arrogance and ignorance and nothing to do with his coaching or tactic but In saying that his coaching cant be classified as modern either.  A good coach doesnt tell a 30 year old man that if he kicks the ball once more with the outside of his boot that he wont be playing again for him. A good coach has to let his players be expressive.  Enda Gormley is not a good coach.  I will say the Galbally people will support me on this.