Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redhandefender

Mc ginnity only there 2 years i think he is for staying

Knock Yer Mucker In

No one in the O Rahillys wants him to leave, not just yet anyhow. 2 sen championships, two senior leagues , u21 Tyrone & Ulster championship. We have had half of our team changed since our first championship, with more introductions of young to ensure we compete at the top. Getting managers is easy, getting ones who deliver consistantly and develop a culture is a different story altogether.

Gaafan2

Quote from: The Trap on November 09, 2015, 07:40:22 PM
Cassidy staying on for centenary year in clonoe........ends gormless is back with glen..........as well as all those division one clubs there are vacancies in moy Dungannon donaghmore Cookstown pomeroy derrylaughan brackaville Rock, prob loughmacrory, eskra, and would not be sure about Urney, aghyaran (mcginnity done a great job but there a good while now)

I presume both galbally and kildress will be keeping their men in place after guiding them to division 1. Chris Collins and diarmuid scullion are back for a second term with cookstown, Ciaran gourley is taking his home club the rock and apparently Adrian o'donnell and Mark Harte have been approached by Pomeroy. I find it strange that brackaville need a new man after winning the junior championship, unless they feel they can take them no further.

ose 14

my goodness cant imagine thered be that many changes but its a results based business and money or the lack of it always talks. clonoe are lucky to have a manager valued so highly as the mecurial bellaghy man. im sure its a training pitch or cassidy for a few more years.

GlenMan

Quote from: ose 14 on November 09, 2015, 10:07:59 PM
my goodness cant imagine thered be that many changes but its a results based business and money or the lack of it always talks. clonoe are lucky to have a manager valued so highly as the mecurial bellaghy man. im sure its a training pitch or cassidy for a few more years.

Any word on Omagh's next manager? I could see them going for another Club man.

ose 14

talk of a big name appt and its not scwarzenegger.

GlenMan

Quote from: ose 14 on November 09, 2015, 10:12:57 PM
talk of a big name appt and its not scwarzenegger.

Don't leave us handing. Who?

tyroneclub

I will eat my words or in Orourkes case my hat!  :'( :'(
Fair play to Kildress. Up to play Division 1 next year. Donaghmore will be disapointed after holding out for years.
As for Carmen not good enough. Cant defend and certainly cannot score. They have poached players in the past like Penrose so why not poach some of them sharp shooter men from other clubs that some of their women have.
Good luck to Trillick this weekend. Looking forward to it.

redzone

Mcginnity would be a perfect fit for Omagh.

In hiding

Heard Jim mc corry is for dromore

on the sideline

Quote from: The Sweeper.com on November 09, 2015, 07:24:16 PM
Palor was over Eskra at the start of this year wasnt he?

He was and derailed their season.

In hiding

Is Paul Rouse with coalisland next year?

In hiding

Mikhailov

Quote from: In hiding on November 09, 2015, 11:32:41 PM
Heard Jim mc corry is for dromore

If this is true then he will have some miles to cover as he is living in Rostrevor...must be a 90 minute journey EW so Dromore must be making it worthwhile

Mikhailov

Quote from: Knock Yer Mucker In on November 09, 2015, 09:12:34 PM
No one in the O Rahillys wants him to leave, not just yet anyhow. 2 sen championships, two senior leagues , u21 Tyrone & Ulster championship. We have had half of our team changed since our first championship, with more introductions of young to ensure we compete at the top. Getting managers is easy, getting ones who deliver consistantly and develop a culture is a different story altogether.

I am sure that no one in Clonoe would wish Cassidy to leave but I heard there were a few dissenting voices earlier in the year about the style of football be coached and some Rahilly men thought it was too conservative and that the team were not allowed to play with freedom. I am sure they are all happy now that the ACL title is secured but IMHO I think that team has underachieved - they lost a county final and threw away a 7 point lead to Dromore a few years ago and have lost to Fianna twice in Championship football in recent years. They are a top team with a lot of quality players on the team and a lot of good youth coming also and will be about for a few years to come.