Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redzone

Dromore set to appoint 2 ex players as the new management

Knock Yer Mucker In

Quote from: Mikhailov on November 10, 2015, 08:51:25 AM
Quote from: Knock Yer Mucker In on November 09, 2015, 09:12:34 PM
No one in the O Rahillys wants him to leave, not just yet anyhow. 2 sen championships, two senior leagues , u21 Tyrone & Ulster championship. We have had half of our team changed since our first championship, with more introductions of young to ensure we compete at the top. Getting managers is easy, getting ones who deliver consistantly and develop a culture is a different story altogether.

I am sure that no one in Clonoe would wish Cassidy to leave but I heard there were a few dissenting voices earlier in the year about the style of football be coached and some Rahilly men thought it was too conservative and that the team were not allowed to play with freedom. I am sure they are all happy now that the ACL title is secured but IMHO I think that team has underachieved - they lost a county final and threw away a 7 point lead to Dromore a few years ago and have lost to Fianna twice in Championship football in recent years. They are a top team with a lot of quality players on the team and a lot of good youth coming also and will be about for a few years to come.

We could have won another one in 2011, we had the chance but we kicked an easy chance wide and lost it, Dromore took their chance and won, no complaints we had our chance. But I think you have to acknowledge that our county championship is very hard to win, no body has done back to back in a long time. You are being disrespectful to other championship winning teams like Omagh last year and Dromore in 2011 and Trillick winning it this year, but it has shown how any one of a number of teams could win it, and with straight knock out, and no back door and an silly very early first round where you have four league games of which you only have two games with a full panel, that leaves 1st round matches some what of a lottery,  if you have injuries like we had this year you are in big bother. All the other counties have back doors so the best teams will get a second chance if they mess up or have injuries to set the record straight.

Mikhailov

Quote from: Knock Yer Mucker In on November 10, 2015, 09:59:36 AM
No one in the O Rahillys wants him to leave, not just yet anyhow. 2 sen championships, two senior leagues , u21 Tyrone & Ulster championship. We have had half of our team changed since our first championship, with more introductions of young to ensure we compete at the top. Getting managers is easy, getting ones who deliver consistantly and develop a culture is a different story altogether.

I am sure that no one in Clonoe would wish Cassidy to leave but I heard there were a few dissenting voices earlier in the year about the style of football be coached and some Rahilly men thought it was too conservative and that the team were not allowed to play with freedom. I am sure they are all happy now that the ACL title is secured but IMHO I think that team has underachieved - they lost a county final and threw away a 7 point lead to Dromore a few years ago and have lost to Fianna twice in Championship football in recent years. They are a top team with a lot of quality players on the team and a lot of good youth coming also and will be about for a few years to come.

We could have won another one in 2011, we had the chance but we kicked an easy chance wide and lost it, Dromore took their chance and won, no complaints we had our chance. But I think you have to acknowledge that our county championship is very hard to win, no body has done back to back in a long time. You are being disrespectful to other championship winning teams like Omagh last year and Dromore in 2011 and Trillick winning it this year, but it has shown how any one of a number of teams could win it, and with straight knock out, and no back door and an silly very early first round where you have four league games of which you only have two games with a full panel, that leaves 1st round matches some what of a lottery,  if you have injuries like we had this year you are in big bother. All the other counties have back doors so the best teams will get a second chance if they mess up or have injuries to set the record straight.

Explain how I showed any disrespect to other winning teams? Of course, everyone knows how difficult our championship is to win but my point was that Clonoe should have won more than 2 in recent times (since 2008) and I hear Cassidy thinks this also. I never mentioned any other clubs in my post therefore how was I being disrespectful to them. I was paying Clonoe a compliment that 2 IMHO is not enough for the quality of squad they have. I do however agree with you on the layout of our championship but this straight knockout makes it the great championship that it is...

Why did you not comment on the first part of my original post - you only replied about the 2nd half?

Tyrone Gaa

Maybe Kelly-Rouse will end up back at the Moy with Rouse putting a jersey back on, maybe he can move back into his old house!!! :D :D ;D ;D
Living the dream!!!

Sunny Day

Wonder why the Moy opted for new management in 2015,  I thought after seeing them on a few occassions in 2014 that the fella O'Neill was doing a reasonable job with the Moy post Rouse & Kelly era.  Strange why they got rid of them.  Heard that Rouse & Kelly was for the Coalisland job.  Not sure who the big appointments will be within the other clubs but I would reasonably think fellas such as Rouse, Mickey Donnelly, Ronan McGuckin, Strain will be snapped up by the highest bidders.

Knock Yer Mucker In

Quote from: Mikhailov on November 10, 2015, 10:30:11 AM
Quote from: Knock Yer Mucker In on November 10, 2015, 09:59:36 AM

Explain how I showed any disrespect to other winning teams? Of course, everyone knows how difficult our championship is to win but my point was that Clonoe should have won more than 2 in recent times (since 2008) and I hear Cassidy thinks this also. I never mentioned any other clubs in my post therefore how was I being disrespectful to them. I was paying Clonoe a compliment that 2 IMHO is not enough for the quality of squad they have. I do however agree with you on the layout of our championship but this straight knockout makes it the great championship that it is...

Why did you not comment on the first part of my original post - you only replied about the 2nd half?

Why, cause they have been dissenting voices every year, nothing knew in that, not every body is happy all the time. We all know the drill, our wee Johnny isn't getting on or getting a fair craic at it, or what does he see in that player, or as you said some don't like the defensive system game that now prevails, the list is endless, but when we played the Huns it was man for man. I can't say that I haven't been critical as well. Isn't that the nature of the role.

Also my conclusion was if you think we should have won more, logically that means you think there are teams who won the championship who should not.

winghalfback

Wouldn't say no one.

The Sweeper.com

I heard Niall Conway is away from the Rock. Any truth in it?

Who has taken over from him?

Cassidy has an excellent record over Clonoe. Maybe he could have another Championship but there is some good young players now entering the Senior set up and they will be one of the leading contenders next year for the O Neill Cup.

liamrice1

A chairde,

At 4pm Saturday 21st November 2015 (in Pairc Esler, Newry) Cumann Pheadair Naofa GAC are hosting a unique hurling event in which a St Peter's/Ulster Select will play a Kilkenny legends team in a one off hurling 'Legends' match. The Kilkenny panel includes legendary net minder James McGarry, a full back line of John Tennyson, Michael Kavanagh and Noel Hickey, a half back line that would grace many current county teams of Tommy Walsh, Brian Hogan and JJ Delaney. Derek Lyng will marshal the midfield whilst up front they boast players of the quality of Aidan Fogarty, Martin Comerford, Eddie Brennan, DJ Carey, Charlie Carter and Henry Shefflin.

The Ulster team is made up of county players spread from throughout Ulster including; Conor McKinley, Ciaran Clarke, Odran McFadden and Chris O'Connell of Antrim. Sean McCullagh, Ruairi Convery, Kevin and Liam Hinphey of Derry. Fintan Conway, Paul Sheehan, Danny Toner, Ciaran Coulter and Stephen Keith of Down as well as county players from Armagh, Fermanagh and Donegal (Sean McVeigh of St Eunan's and Danny Cullen of Setanta).

Tickets are priced at £10 for adults and £5 for kids and can be purchased from The Quays Newry, Down GAA County Office Castlewellan, St Peter's Clubrooms Warrenpoint (Sunday 8pm-10pm), Centra in Cloughey and Centra in Portaferry. There are also a number of group tickets available in House of Sport Belfast by contacting Damien McConville damienmcconville@sportni.net alternatively the Down ticket van will be present at the match for ticket sales. It is advisable to purchase group tickets in advance to avoid unnecessary delays on the day of the match.

Visit www.warrenpointgaa.com or follow us on twitter or facebook for updates on the game.

Is mise le meas

winghalfback

Quote from: The Sweeper.com on November 10, 2015, 03:07:41 PM

Cassidy has an excellent record over Clonoe. Maybe he could have another Championship but there is some good young players now entering the Senior set up and they will be one of the leading contenders next year for the O Neill Cup.

He has a great record championship in 08 was with derry in 09 and 10 back in 11 beat in county final a game which was tight but should have been won 12 won their first acl div 1 league 13 championship winners 14 went out at a wimper to dromore loosing a 7pt lead and this year loosing to coalisland with out even putting up a fight but coming back well to win the league. All in all not a bad record but really people in clonoe see 2 if not 3 championships lost. Add into that mix u21 Tyrone and Ulster titles Cassidy has a right decent CV with clonoe. He will rightly be staying on next year but he must deliver no if ands or buts...  PS i dont believe that he would ever manage another team in derry other than his own bellaghy so there was never anything in those glen rumours.

Knock Yer Mucker In

Quote from: winghalfback on November 10, 2015, 03:01:04 PM

Wouldn't say no one.

Naturally, I agree, but better the devil you know. On the other hand change can be good.

Knock Yer Mucker In

Quote from: winghalfback on November 10, 2015, 03:18:44 PM
Quote from: The Sweeper.com on November 10, 2015, 03:07:41 PM

He has a great record championship in 08 was with derry in 09 and 10 back in 11 beat in county final a game which was tight but should have been won 12 won their first acl div 1 league 13 championship winners 14 went out at a wimper to dromore loosing a 7pt lead and this year loosing to coalisland with out even putting up a fight but coming back well to win the league. All in all not a bad record but really people in clonoe see 2 if not 3 championships lost. Add into that mix u21 Tyrone and Ulster titles Cassidy has a right decent CV with clonoe. He will rightly be staying on next year but he must deliver no if ands or buts...  PS i dont believe that he would ever manage another team in derry other than his own bellaghy so there was never anything in those glen rumours.

Are you from Clonoe, do you remember Clonoe pre 08, fcuk I do, some mess, some wasted teams. I don't forgot those days to easily.

WBF

Quote from: tyroneclub on November 09, 2015, 10:31:36 PM
I will eat my words or in Orourkes case my hat!  :'( :'(
Fair play to Kildress. Up to play Division 1 next year. Donaghmore will be disapointed after holding out for years.
As for Carmen not good enough. Cant defend and certainly cannot score. They have poached players in the past like Penrose so why not poach some of them sharp shooter men from other clubs that some of their women have.
Good luck to Trillick this weekend. Looking forward to it.

Have to agree on the day Carrickmore were outplayed and fair play to Clonoe they were very clinical, Although the game was a lot more competitive than the score line reflects Carmen just failed to take there chances... Just for clarity im assuming this bit about them not being able to score was about this game in particular seeing as they were the highest scorers in the league?

skeog

easy to put up big scores no players with county playing teams who have

WBF

Easier* I definitely wouldn't class it easy to be the highest scoring team in Division 1, although in saying this I want to emphasis that Clonoe where without a doubt deserved winners I'm just saying that to make a statement that they cannot score is a bit comical! Every team has bad days and unfortunately for ourselves it came at a bad time! Finishing against Dromore was a lot more clinical from us.