Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

everymanaman

Quote from: WT4E on October 15, 2015, 11:29:48 AM
Quote from: GlenMan on October 15, 2015, 01:17:46 AM
Quote from: WT4E on October 15, 2015, 12:48:46 AM
Funny you should mention that - I see they did the u16 double this year in grade 2 - congrats to the lads involved but should a club with the pick they have not be automatically grade 1?

I do agree. I'm confident they've put their teams in lower grades to ensure that they win titles. There U16 Lads definitely should have been Grade 1- just look at how easily they won in the finals. The Girls also easily beat Owen Roes in their final.

There's nothing worse than when any Club does that. It means that Club's who are in the correct grade dont get a chance and the players don't develop because they only play easy games.

Yes grades are there to give everyone a fair shot at a title. I don't know the exact figures but did Omagh not win 4/5 U16 grade 1 titles in a row or something? I know its not the same players but it does illustrate their strength and I just hope they didn't think to themselves this year that they couldn't win G1 so they would drop to G2 and clean up!

That's exactly what their thinking was. They got to an U14 Grade 1 final 2 years ago with vast majority of those players so should never have been allowed to drop a grade.

Gaafan2

Quote from: Soup an Samajiz on October 14, 2015, 04:16:03 PM
Quote from: Onthe40 on October 14, 2015, 03:48:42 PM
Quote from: Soup an Samajiz on October 14, 2015, 02:28:58 PM
Quote from: WT4E on October 14, 2015, 02:23:04 PM
Sorry I didn't include the Hill because I was thinking Pomeroy would dispatch of them at home - I could be wrong there though - sure didn't they play some games drunk this year!

an sure didn't Derrytresk put them out of the championship...

As far as I know the Hill aren't training and Pomeroy are, which would lead one to fancy Pomeroy especially at home...been a decent year for the hill though.

Congrats to Trillick BTW..what a fairytale and will give hope to every underdog for next season.

the Hill are training, well they still wer after the eskra game at least, not sure what the story is this past week or so. Don't think they'd fancy getting stuffed by Pomeroy to finish off the year, game could go either way. No team have beat them by any big margin this year at all except when they had a very depleted team in the first game against Derrylaughan

Can see Urney, Eskra and Gortin all picking up wins this weekend, leaving us with Rock v Loughmacrory in the play off to go directly down. Id have to side with Loughmacrory as the Rock seem to be decimated with injuries.

At the other end of the table I can see Cookstown and Pomeroy picking up wins, leaving them both on 17 Points and a share of 6th. As these two teams drew earlier in the league, will they play off against each other to decide who picks up the remaining play off position?

GlenMan

Quote from: everymanaman on October 15, 2015, 01:30:23 PM
Funny you should mention that - I see they did the u16 double this year in grade 2 - congrats to the lads involved but should a club with the pick they have not be automatically grade 1?

I do agree. I'm confident they've put their teams in lower grades to ensure that they win titles. There U16 Lads definitely should have been Grade 1- just look at how easily they won in the finals. The Girls also easily beat Owen Roes in their final.

There's nothing worse than when any Club does that. It means that Club's who are in the correct grade dont get a chance and the players don't develop because they only play easy games.

Yes grades are there to give everyone a fair shot at a title. I don't know the exact figures but did Omagh not win 4/5 U16 grade 1 titles in a row or something? I know its not the same players but it does illustrate their strength and I just hope they didn't think to themselves this year that they couldn't win G1 so they would drop to G2 and clean up!

That's exactly what their thinking was. They got to an U14 Grade 1 final 2 years ago with vast majority of those players so should never have been allowed to drop a grade.

Terrible stuff but not shocked. I'd much rather have my Club's players challenged and develop than just get easy wins every week.

redcard

Quote from: GlenMan on October 15, 2015, 02:09:51 PM
Quote from: everymanaman on October 15, 2015, 01:30:23 PM

Terrible stuff but not shocked. I'd much rather have my Club's players challenged and develop than just get easy wins every week.

Sorry to interrupt this omagh hate fest but that is simply not true.

How do you know ose is really from omagh. I think he's a WUM and if so you posters have been led by the nose

everymanaman

Mea culpa- Omagh reached the semi final of the grade 2 two years ago losing to a Loughmacrory side who played Grade 1 this year and who can count themselves very unlucky not to have won it last Sunday. IMO the big townie teams should all be playing Grade 1 football at youth level

GlenMan

Quote from: everymanaman on October 15, 2015, 02:55:50 PM
Mea culpa- Omagh reached the semi final of the grade 2 two years ago losing to a Loughmacrory side who played Grade 1 this year and who can count themselves very unlucky not to have won it last Sunday. IMO the big townie teams should all be playing Grade 1 football at youth level

I'm not just hating on Omagh. I think it's wrong that any Club does this. It's just completely unfair to all those young lads who are demolished by a team in the wrong grade. It does no good to anyone.

I agree. Omagh and other big Clubs put out A Teams and B Teams for several ages. There is no reason why they shouldn't be Grade 1.

Moving on- I don't get to many youth games but are there any good up and coming young teams? I know Moortown obviously have a great minor team coming through. Any others notable stand out teams on their way up?

ose 14

very harsh on omagh and other town clubs. u must remember that a club like omagh is competing with many other sports and distractions. just because you have a supposedly large population dosent guarantee anything. omagh have always tried to develop as many players as possible in their youth grades with a view to producing good minor teams and senior players. im sure this years u 16s will play gd 1 minors and that is all that matters in the big picture. both u i6 finals were won by modest margins therfore the team  were hardly played outside their grading. in the immortal words of one taylor swift haters are always gonna hate. the grading system is there to give everybody a chance and as a proud omagh man the more cups we lift the better. canny believe a wee jest at norfs potential refugee status in the back hills of aughabrack has led to such anti omagh bile.  8)

barelegs

Couple of noteworthy results in Division 2 today. Galbally and Eskra draw meaning that Eskra are safe.
Cookstown beat Stewartstown which allows Cookstown to leapfrog the Harps.

Playoff permutations- assuming Derrylaughan beat Killeeshil
Derrytresk beat Pomeroy

Aghyaran v Derrytresk
Kildress v Derrylaughan

Derrytresk through on head to head with Cookstown

Pomeroy beat Derrytresk

Kildress v Derrylaughan
Aghyaran v Cookstown

Head to head was a draw. By my reckoning Cookstown's points difference (43) is that far ahead of Pomeroy (9) that will give them the last play-off place.

cearrbhach

the scoreline flattered Cookstown there this evening. A few big calls favoured them!

Club boi

Did Mugsy get a clip from a member of the public???? #TwitterBantz

redhandofgod

The throwing points season in full swing I see with galbally/eskra organising a draw!!! Be interesting to see donaghmore's result later.  :o

rrhf

Tyrone Dreamer

In fairness that is being widely said about the donaghmore game.

rrhf

Moy men putting this around each year.  Stop whining and win yer own game.  It's still in everyone hands and it's knockout football from here on. Any team that goes down from the bottom 4 can't really complain this year.  All have had a pish poor year and any other year all four would have been relegated on their points total even if they win today. I expect 3 to be relegated this year.

leenie

I don't think it's just moy men putting that about ... Donaghmore will get their points today ..

But sure it's all to play for at the bottom, granted some of the games have been poor but when you come into a season with a lot of injuries and players gone you have to do your best.. And hope to stay up and give it another rattle next year ..

Here's to a super Sunday (I hope) ....
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..