Quote from: Stall the Bailer on October 14, 2015, 03:40:40 PM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on October 14, 2015, 03:27:31 PM
Quote from: Stall the Bailer on October 14, 2015, 10:25:00 AM
Quote from: oakleafgael on October 13, 2015, 08:54:12 PM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on October 10, 2015, 06:41:40 PM
The Div 3 play offs will be;

Castlederg v Tattyreagh
Glenelly v Owen Roes

Fixed for this coming Sunday, rough enough on Owen Roes that they are away from home when they didn't get to complete their league fixtures. Suppose if they had beat the Derg they would have been at home but for a League that started a full 6 months ago not to be able to fit in 16 fixtures doesn't say a lot for the CCC.
Another 2 points would have made no difference to Owen Roes, they still would have had an away fixture.

It still would've been nice to have been afforded the chance to complete our games. Never mind the fact that you reason this is all done is to 'play games', it also costs us money. With admission, lotto, shop and the bar, a home game is worth around £600- £800 to us. Money we can't do without.
Sorry but I did not reason anything, I just stated a fact.

I'm not sure how you got that from my one line sentence, I was only referring to how 2 more points would have not have given Owen Roes a home fixture.

In fairness, I wasn't arguing with you, I was just continuing the conversation. You're right in what you were saying.

Norf put a claim into McCaughey for the lost revenue - their bound to have something knocking about to cover things like that.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: WT4E on October 14, 2015, 06:16:44 PM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on October 14, 2015, 05:11:56 PM
Quote from: Stall the Bailer on October 14, 2015, 03:40:40 PM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on October 14, 2015, 03:27:31 PM
Quote from: Stall the Bailer on October 14, 2015, 10:25:00 AM
Quote from: oakleafgael on October 13, 2015, 08:54:12 PM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on October 10, 2015, 06:41:40 PM
The Div 3 play offs will be;

Castlederg v Tattyreagh
Glenelly v Owen Roes

Fixed for this coming Sunday, rough enough on Owen Roes that they are away from home when they didn't get to complete their league fixtures. Suppose if they had beat the Derg they would have been at home but for a League that started a full 6 months ago not to be able to fit in 16 fixtures doesn't say a lot for the CCC.
Another 2 points would have made no difference to Owen Roes, they still would have had an away fixture.

It still would've been nice to have been afforded the chance to complete our games. Never mind the fact that you reason this is all done is to 'play games', it also costs us money. With admission, lotto, shop and the bar, a home game is worth around £600- £800 to us. Money we can't do without.
Sorry but I did not reason anything, I just stated a fact.

I'm not sure how you got that from my one line sentence, I was only referring to how 2 more points would have not have given Owen Roes a home fixture.

In fairness, I wasn't arguing with you, I was just continuing the conversation. You're right in what you were saying.

Norf put a claim into McCaughey for the lost revenue - their bound to have something knocking about to cover things like that.

Do you think we should? Might stick on petrol costs as well for the trip to The Plum on Sunday. Bound to be able to pay out fir that too.

:-)
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

ose 14

this is a nightmare for owen roes having to travel all the way to glenelly. could they not stay overnight in the brack and set off early saturday morning and take a collection along the way. holy god such a whinge.

WT4E

£800 might be laughed at by a club the size of omagh but it would be well appreciated in a club the size of Owen roes!

GlenMan

Perhaps there is some rivalry tonight between Owen Roes and Omagh. After all, Omagh did beat Owen Roes in the Under 16 Ladies Grade 4 League tonight. BTW when was the last time Omagh played any team in Grade 4? Do they play across the pitch at that level?

WT4E

Funny you should mention that - I see they did the u16 double this year in grade 2 - congrats to the lads involved but should a club with the pick they have not be automatically grade 1?

GlenMan

Quote from: WT4E on October 15, 2015, 12:48:46 AM
Funny you should mention that - I see they did the u16 double this year in grade 2 - congrats to the lads involved but should a club with the pick they have not be automatically grade 1?

I do agree. I'm confident they've put their teams in lower grades to ensure that they win titles. There U16 Lads definitely should have been Grade 1- just look at how easily they won in the finals. The Girls also easily beat Owen Roes in their final.

There's nothing worse than when any Club does that. It means that Club's who are in the correct grade dont get a chance and the players don't develop because they only play easy games.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: WT4E on October 14, 2015, 11:32:40 PM
£800 might be laughed at by a club the size of omagh but it would be well appreciated in a club the size of Owen roes!

Spot on.

I must mind to stop buying the lotto at Healy Pk and Ill get an extra one for my own Club.

Legoman5

Teamtalk all stars tonight, shud be plenty of Red and Blue representations!! L Brennan or Mattie D player of the year, tough call!!

skeog

lee brennan deserves the award for his overall play over the 4 games serious talent matty to get an all star imo

oakleafgael

Quote from: ose 14 on October 14, 2015, 10:30:35 PM
this is a nightmare for owen roes having to travel all the way to glenelly. could they not stay overnight in the brack and set off early saturday morning and take a collection along the way. holy god such a whinge.

And people from Omagh wonder why they everybody is delighted to see them beat.

GlenMan

Quote from: oakleafgael on October 15, 2015, 09:24:10 AM

Agreed. One of my highlights in 2014 was seeing Slaughtneil win the Ulster Championship by a point. Or perhaps it was seeing Omagh lose it by a point.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Legoman5 on October 15, 2015, 08:27:31 AM
Teamtalk all stars tonight, shud be plenty of Red and Blue representations!! L Brennan or Mattie D player of the year, tough call!!

They just are unveiling nominations tonight are they not?

In hiding

Quote from: GlenMan on October 15, 2015, 10:17:48 AM
Quote from: oakleafgael on October 15, 2015, 09:24:10 AM

Agreed. One of my highlights in 2014 was seeing Slaughtneil win the Ulster Championship by a point. Or perhaps it was seeing Omagh lose it by a point.
I thought your highlight would have been the success of your adopted club 😉

WT4E

Quote from: GlenMan on October 15, 2015, 01:17:46 AM
Quote from: WT4E on October 15, 2015, 12:48:46 AM

I do agree. I'm confident they've put their teams in lower grades to ensure that they win titles. There U16 Lads definitely should have been Grade 1- just look at how easily they won in the finals. The Girls also easily beat Owen Roes in their final.

There's nothing worse than when any Club does that. It means that Club's who are in the correct grade dont get a chance and the players don't develop because they only play easy games.

Yes grades are there to give everyone a fair shot at a title. I don't know the exact figures but did Omagh not win 4/5 U16 grade 1 titles in a row or something? I know its not the same players but it does illustrate their strength and I just hope they didn't think to themselves this year that they couldn't win G1 so they would drop to G2 and clean up!