Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Club Rossa

Iggy Gallagher and Paul Devlin confirmed as new minor management.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Club Rossa on October 14, 2015, 07:11:39 AM
I wouldn't have someone like Iggy Gallagher anywhere near a Tyrone setup.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on October 14, 2015, 09:30:47 AM
Quote from: Club Rossa on October 14, 2015, 07:11:39 AM
I wouldn't have someone like Iggy Gallagher anywhere near a Tyrone setup.

I don't really know a lot about Iggy Gallagher or his credentials around the minor post so cant comment, however I do believe Paul Devlin will be excellent for Tyrone.  He took a Moortown team from u10 level right through to county minor champions.  He has proved his capabilities of working well with youth and I hope he can do the same with Tyrone.  The Moortown Minor sides I watched were always well disciplined and knew their role. 
Living the dream!!!

Keyboard Warrior

Quote from: trileacman on October 14, 2015, 12:15:35 AM
Quote from: omaghjoe on October 13, 2015, 07:50:28 AM
Presume we might see Trileacman next week sometime?
Had to surface quicker than expected, work commitments. Swore I'd never drink again yesterday such was the state I was in.

On the game itself I know it's a terrible cliche but it still hasn't sunk in that we're county champions. A closely fought match and I thought a number of times Killyclogher might gain the upperhand but the team wrestled back control of it. D. Gallagher was the best Trillick player in the 1st half but I thought it was Richie who performed best over the 60 mins.  Matty as he did in the semi lead us exceptionally well. Think Richie and Lee have been our most important players this year but there's not a man among that team I can't acclaim. Stephen O'Donnell has played almost his entire youth career in the forwards and to mark Bradley as well as he did on Sunday was a credit. Rory Brennan had perhaps the best game of the championship. Ruari Kelly is and has been for at least 2 years the cornerstone of our defence, a remarkable feat for such a young player.

Undoubtedly the memory of this I'll cherish most is the cup returning to the town and seeing the jubilation amongst the people you grew up with. Brothers, sisters, fathers, sons, the true embodiment of a GAA club all gathered together, all having played their part. A community united in purpose, it was beautiful.

What the GAA is all about  :) . Well done Trillick!

Stall the Bailer

Quote from: oakleafgael on October 13, 2015, 08:54:12 PM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on October 10, 2015, 06:41:40 PM
The Div 3 play offs will be;

Castlederg v Tattyreagh
Glenelly v Owen Roes

Fixed for this coming Sunday, rough enough on Owen Roes that they are away from home when they didn't get to complete their league fixtures. Suppose if they had beat the Derg they would have been at home but for a League that started a full 6 months ago not to be able to fit in 16 fixtures doesn't say a lot for the CCC.
Another 2 points would have made no difference to Owen Roes, they still would have had an away fixture.

WT4E

This weekends intermediate action is harder to figure out than the Euro 16 Qualification.

Only teams with nothing to play for are:
Galbally (League Champions)
Edendork (Championship Winners)
Kileeshil (Relegated Auto)
The Rock (Relegation Playoff)
Moortown (No mans Land)

Having Cookstown and Stewartstown play there very imprtant game before eveyone else seems strange but it should leave the picture more clear when this result is known.

I predict a few 'shock' results:
Eskra to win at Galbally
Urney to win at Edendork

I thibk there are couple of others I could predict now also but I think the relegation playoff will be between Loughmacrory and The Rock.

With the promotion playoffs harder to predict:
Kildress
Aghyaran
2 From (Derrylaughan, Cookstown, Pomeroy, Stewartstown)

Out of all those teams coupled with the likely Div 1 team to play anyone of them could be senior next year so should make for exciting playoff.

Soup an Samajiz

Quote from: WT4E on October 14, 2015, 12:02:44 PM
This weekends intermediate action is harder to figure out than the Euro 16 Qualification.

Moortown (No mans Land)

Having Cookstown and Stewartstown play there very imprtant game before eveyone else seems strange but it should leave the picture more clear when this result is known.

Eskra to win at Galbally
Urney to win at Edendork

I thibk there are couple of others I could predict now also but I think the relegation playoff will be between Loughmacrory and The Rock.

Kildress
Aghyaran

Out of all those teams coupled with the likely Div 1 team to play anyone of them could be senior next year so should make for exciting playoff.

if Cookstown beat Stewartstown, Derrytresk can even still make it into the playoffs with a win over Pomeroy.. A lot of ifs buts and maybes going to the wire
Think like a wise person but communicate in the language of the people

barelegs

Quote from: WT4E on October 14, 2015, 12:02:44 PM

Moortown (No mans Land)

Eskra to win at Galbally
Urney to win at Edendork

Kildress
Aghyaran

Derrytresk are on the same points as Cookstown and Pomeroy.

So in the games involving those play-off contention at the weekend are:
Cookstown v Stewartstown
Pomeroy v Derrytresk
Derrylaughan v Killeeshil

Derrylaughan should win but then it's very tight between the remaining sides! There'll be some bye-law study done this week.

WT4E

Sorry I didn't include the Hill because I was thinking Pomeroy would dispatch of them at home - I could be wrong there though - sure didn't they play some games drunk this year!

Soup an Samajiz

Quote from: WT4E on October 14, 2015, 02:23:04 PM
Sorry I didn't include the Hill because I was thinking Pomeroy would dispatch of them at home - I could be wrong there though - sure didn't they play some games drunk this year!

an sure didn't Derrytresk put them out of the championship...

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Stall the Bailer on October 14, 2015, 10:25:00 AM

Castlederg v Tattyreagh
Glenelly v Owen Roes

Fixed for this coming Sunday, rough enough on Owen Roes that they are away from home when they didn't get to complete their league fixtures. Suppose if they had beat the Derg they would have been at home but for a League that started a full 6 months ago not to be able to fit in 16 fixtures doesn't say a lot for the CCC.
Another 2 points would have made no difference to Owen Roes, they still would have had an away fixture.

It still would've been nice to have been afforded the chance to complete our games. Never mind the fact that you reason this is all done is to 'play games', it also costs us money. With admission, lotto, shop and the bar, a home game is worth around £600- £800 to us. Money we can't do without.

Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Stall the Bailer

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on October 14, 2015, 03:27:31 PM

Castlederg v Tattyreagh
Glenelly v Owen Roes

It still would've been nice to have been afforded the chance to complete our games. Never mind the fact that you reason this is all done is to 'play games', it also costs us money. With admission, lotto, shop and the bar, a home game is worth around £600- £800 to us. Money we can't do without.
Sorry but I did not reason anything, I just stated a fact.

I'm not sure how you got that from my one line sentence, I was only referring to how 2 more points would have not have given Owen Roes a home fixture.

Onthe40

Quote from: Soup an Samajiz on October 14, 2015, 02:28:58 PM

As far as I know the Hill aren't training and Pomeroy are, which would lead one to fancy Pomeroy especially at home...been a decent year for the hill though.

Congrats to Trillick BTW..what a fairytale and will give hope to every underdog for next season.

Soup an Samajiz

Quote from: Onthe40 on October 14, 2015, 03:48:42 PM
Quote from: Soup an Samajiz on October 14, 2015, 02:28:58 PM

As far as I know the Hill aren't training and Pomeroy are, which would lead one to fancy Pomeroy especially at home...been a decent year for the hill though.

Congrats to Trillick BTW..what a fairytale and will give hope to every underdog for next season.

the Hill are training, well they still wer after the eskra game at least, not sure what the story is this past week or so. Don't think they'd fancy getting stuffed by Pomeroy to finish off the year, game could go either way. No team have beat them by any big margin this year at all except when they had a very depleted team in the first game against Derrylaughan

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Stall the Bailer on October 14, 2015, 03:40:40 PM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on October 14, 2015, 03:27:31 PM

Castlederg v Tattyreagh
Glenelly v Owen Roes

Sorry but I did not reason anything, I just stated a fact.

I'm not sure how you got that from my one line sentence, I was only referring to how 2 more points would have not have given Owen Roes a home fixture.

In fairness, I wasn't arguing with you, I was just continuing the conversation. You're right in what you were saying.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone