Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: The Trap on February 25, 2015, 01:08:42 PM
I would change these odds to this.......

Senior Championship Betting

Omagh 6/4 4/1
Carrickmore 3/1 9/2
Dromore 5/1 5/1
Clonoe 7/1 4/1
Killyclogher 7/1 10/1
Coalisland 10/1 7/1
Errigal Ciaran 10/1 5/1
Ardboe 12/1 33/1
Trillick 14/1 500/1
Moy 14/1 500/1
Strabane 20/1 500/1
Augher 25/1 500/1
Dungannon 25/1 500/1
Donaghmore 25/1 500/1
Greencastle 25/1 500/1
Eglish 25/1 500/1

Intermediate Championship Betting

Cookstown 2/1 /3/1
Moortown 3/1 6/1
Eskra 7/2 5/1
Galbally 9/2 8/1
Aghyaran 5/1 20/1
Urney 7/1 10/1
Stewartstown 7/1 16/1
Derrylaughan 7/1 7/1
Edendork 8/1 8/1
Pomeroy 8/1 7/1
Gortin 10/1 16/1
Rock 10/1 16/1
Kildress 10/1 12/1
Loughmacrory 12/1 14/1
Derrytresk 16/1 25/1
Kileeshil 20/1 66/1

Hope you didn't take too many bets on this The Trap?  ;D

omaghjoe

Fair play to Trillick, sounds like they just had the appetite and belief to win it. Tradition counts for a lot. Killyclogher will come again I dare say but they will be kicking themselves no doubt at letting this slip away.

Havent seen Brennan playing in the flesh before, just how good is he?

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: omaghjoe on October 12, 2015, 07:42:28 AM
Fair play to Trillick, sounds like they just had the appetite and belief to win it. Tradition counts for a lot. Killyclogher will come again I dare say but they will be kicking themselves no doubt at letting this slip away.

Havent seen Brennan playing in the flesh before, just how good is he?
He had a relatively quiet final, Gorman kept him well under wraps.
Rory Brennan had a better game.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

redhandefender

Ruari Brennan and Daire Gallagher were stand out players for me. Best I have seen Richie Donnelly playing and mattie took the game by the scruff of the neck int he 2nd half.

Was very much a neutral but immediately changed when heard ones singing chants at mattie Donnelly behind the goals at the start and during game. Ridiculous stuff for someone who seems to carry himself well on and off the field.

Hunger and belief got them over the line. Was really disappointed in killyclougher performance, got nowhere near the first half against dromore but in saying that trillick were impressive especially the 2nd half

skeog

The Trap

Nobody took the bet Archie! Thank God :)..........Fair play to Trillick, great to see a team taking advantage of the draw, building momentum and improving leaps and bounds within a few months.

BennyHarp

Congratulations to Trillick. A massive achievement to come from intermediate football and win the senior championship the next year. Just shows what can be achieved by a club in a relatively short period of time.
That was never a square ball!!

GaelTheGael

We seriously need to consider bringing Eoghan Bradley onto the Tyrone senior panel, as good a half back as ive ever seen.

rrhf

Quote from: BennyHarp on October 12, 2015, 10:23:36 AM
Congratulations to Trillick. A massive achievement to come from intermediate football and win the senior championship the next year. Just shows what can be achieved by a club in a relatively short period of time.
It says a lot for where Dungannon clarkes are.  They destroyed them in the final last year.

TyroneOnlooker

Quote from: rrhf on October 12, 2015, 07:30:55 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on October 12, 2015, 10:23:36 AM
It says a lot for where Dungannon clarkes are.  They destroyed them in the final last year.

it's a tremendous accomplishment and should be an example to clubs everywhere. This time last year nobody would have gave them a hope but it goes to show what can be done when 30 lads buy into somethin 100%. It doesnt matter if you've 7 county seniors or 1 it can be done.

rrhf gettin a wee dig at your near neighbours! i dare say it doesnt say too much about where dungannon are. newly promoted team struggle in div1 isn't exactly a shocker but i'd say theyre scratching their heads watchin a team they beat easy go on and win senior championship.

in the relegation battle i'm prediction dungannon to lose to clonoe, augher to be a depleted moy, sending them down and escaping themselves, with donaghmore to get the points gifted from greencastle who have packed up. that leaves donaghmore and clarkes in a playoff with loser down and winner playin div2 play off team

rrhf

Not at all. It shows the potential that's there.

omaghjoe

Presume we might see Trileacman next week sometime?

oakleafgael

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on October 10, 2015, 06:41:40 PM
The Div 3 play offs will be;

Castlederg v Tattyreagh
Glenelly v Owen Roes

Fixed for this coming Sunday, rough enough on Owen Roes that they are away from home when they didn't get to complete their league fixtures. Suppose if they had beat the Derg they would have been at home but for a League that started a full 6 months ago not to be able to fit in 16 fixtures doesn't say a lot for the CCC.

trileacman

Quote from: omaghjoe on October 13, 2015, 07:50:28 AM
Presume we might see Trileacman next week sometime?
Had to surface quicker than expected, work commitments. Swore I'd never drink again yesterday such was the state I was in.

On the game itself I know it's a terrible cliche but it still hasn't sunk in that we're county champions. A closely fought match and I thought a number of times Killyclogher might gain the upperhand but the team wrestled back control of it. D. Gallagher was the best Trillick player in the 1st half but I thought it was Richie who performed best over the 60 mins.  Matty as he did in the semi lead us exceptionally well. Think Richie and Lee have been our most important players this year but there's not a man among that team I can't acclaim. Stephen O'Donnell has played almost his entire youth career in the forwards and to mark Bradley as well as he did on Sunday was a credit. Rory Brennan had perhaps the best game of the championship. Ruari Kelly is and has been for at least 2 years the cornerstone of our defence, a remarkable feat for such a young player.

Undoubtedly the memory of this I'll cherish most is the cup returning to the town and seeing the jubilation amongst the people you grew up with. Brothers, sisters, fathers, sons, the true embodiment of a GAA club all gathered together, all having played their part. A community united in purpose, it was beautiful.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

trileacman

And not to dwell on politics or anything like it but I noticed a few Protestants (and presumably Unionists) enjoying the celebrations in The Spirit Store on Sunday night. Maybe they were just enjoying a reason to drink but I thought it was good to see. Better than us all being at each other's throats.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014